Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
wait whaaat! They removed his vehicle from where he went essentially stranding him there…. Oh, the irony..

Right?

Seems really weird to me that they moved the car home. What if BL came out and found his car missing/needed a way home? What if there was foul play and LE would need to look at the car/location/etc. for clues?

The parents' actions just don't add up. Imo.

VERY good points, especially about how the parents couldn't be charged with misleading police if they said they were simply stating that the Reserve is somewhere he liked to go and he might be there.

I wonder, now that their son is missing and there is understandable speculation that he may go on to take his own life, how the Laundrie family's lawyer is now advising them..

On one hand, the vast Carlton Reserve would be a great place to hide from LE (or to later commit suicide). But on the other hand, as a diversionary tactic, that vast area also requires a lot of LE effort - from people, dogs, helicopters - which would be diverted from some other area where BL was hiding or traveling.

The suicide speculation is still just speculation - some people do just end it, while others do not, or may think about it but still not kill themselves. For many people, suicide would be the very last resort, sometimes waiting until they hang themselves in jail. For Gabby's sake, LE and GP's parents need BL alive just to find her (or her body) and get closure, because if she is really dead, she may NEVER be found.

If they can track where his phone was versus her phone around that timeframe of the 26th-9/1 that will be telling to see if the phones pinged together. Considering the mother did not think the text from Gabby that was sent on the 27th and 30th were from her. Yes all of the above with google and cloud although it's my understanding those records can take a very long time to get.

But would LE devote this much time if they thought he was voluntarily missing? I'm at a loss as to the police spending so much time looking for him unless they are classifying him as endangered. It seems LE is still saying he is not wanted.

I think they absolutely believe that he is responsible for GL’s disappearance, and that he is the only person who can direct them to her location. But without a body or other evidence of a crime, they don’t have anything to (legally) “want” him for. I think that may change as they gather more evidence.

I think I may have found the answers to my post earlier about Josh Taylor with the vehicle ending up back at the house.

Although Brian Entin states on his Twitter account he and WFLA have it covered.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439289106618634242?s=21

ABC action news reports - the provided link below to support what I’m stating.

“the parents last saw him here, and then the parents say they come out here saw the Mustang and drove it back to the house”.

That clears up my observation.

hope this helps people in the group too.

Well that is interesting on many levels. They didn't leave the car for him to come home in, so they basically stranded him and they weren't completely truthful with LE last night about where he was. My hinky meter is going off over that family!

Wait. His parents saw his car parked away from home out in that mosquito-alligator land and .....drove it home? One parent drove Brian's car, the other in the car they drove there? Why would they do that? How would they know Brian wasn't somewhere near by & needed the car? Did they come go there with an extra set of keys? Why would they do that?
BBM
Why and how indeed.

Wait. His parents saw his car parked away from home out in that mosquito-alligator land and .....drove it home? One parent drove Brian's car, the other in the car they drove there? Why would they do that? How would they know Brian wasn't somewhere near by & needed the car? Did they come go there with an extra set of keys? Why would they do that?
Yes I feel like they knew what was going on and where and when to pick up the car and had the keys handy to drive it home - IMO

Can someone shed some light on hitchhiking? Is it common practice out west and in Florida? I live on Long Island and it is just not done here (I've seen one or two over the past few years but no one is really going to pick you up!). It is common place for woman to do it as well? As in would Gabby have hitchhiked if she was left alone?

Additionally, does anyone have the video footage where they mention the silver mustang being gone and then returning? Something along the lines of I have been here since ____ and the red truck has stayed? That obviously would narrow it down. How is the parking lot at the preserve? Is there a reason he wouldn't have left it there until he was done with his hike? The only reason I could think that his parents would come back for the car is if they/BL knew it was going to be an extended hike (days?) where he didnt want something to happen to it. It would also mean that he would have to call them to come back and pick him up? Perhaps he had set a date for them to do that and when he didnt call that is when they reported him missing?

All hypothetical and thinking "outloud."

I may have missed this statement as it’s hard to keep up. But this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it home?
—— my questions… were the keys in it? How’d they know to bring them if not?

Why did they not say that last night? They had to have, right? Since it was reported the took articles of clothing to search with?

Exactly!! I think we need to bear in mind that just because the text was delivered to GP's mum's phone on August 30th, that in no way means that that's when it was sent from GP's phone.

Sketchy signal, and scheduled messages can easily create a smoke screen in terms of a time line.
Ive had this happen. Been somewhere my phone didn't have great service (especially during pandemic lockdown) and text messages received hours/days later. Same w my adult offspring

He sure didn't have any problem sleeping in a polyester tent when she had a hard-sided vehicle with a bunk. Or carrying, he said, a tarp around. Which was also probably poly, derived from petroleum. And, IIRC, he was the impetus for getting her to buy a larger vehicle for their travels, thus increasing their carbon footprint.

There are eco-tents that are PVC free and canvas tarps. I don't think their minimalist lifestyle was disingenuous.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1439282240693878785

I think I may have found the answers to my post earlier about Josh Taylor with the vehicle ending up back at the house.

Although Brian Entin states on his Twitter account he and WFLA have it covered.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439289106618634242?s=21

ABC action news reports - the provided link below to support what I’m stating.

“the parents last saw him here, and then the parents say they come out here saw the Mustang and drove it back to the house”.

That clears up my observation.

hope this helps people in the group too.

I’m confused. His parents, allegedly worried that he’s “missing,” drove there, spotted his car, and then drove both cars back home? Why didn’t they split up and drive their car and his car and do their own search for him? If they are allegedly worried about him?
And if he is ok, went for his walk and to get away, then decides to come back, he now has no car to get home?
I must be missing something.

The parents just happened to see BL's Mustang at the Reserve and so decided to drive it back to the house? Were the keys magically left in the ignition and the car unlocked? It sounds like they were instructed to do this. Was there a note?

What game are these people playing? <modsnip>

MOO.

I didn’t know this! Thank you. I’m happy to be wrong, honestly.

The state of technology and the law is constantly changing! Until the recent prosecutions of the Capital Hill rioters no one really knew that Google could pinpoint your exact location just based on being logged in to YouTube or something. And that the records are saved. The complaints in those cases showed Google data tracking individual people walking room to room in the Capital building. I was even shocked and I try to stay up on this stuff for my clients.

Companies used to be way better about refusing to cooperate and opposing over-broad requests. Now they just give in. Sometimes they do not even tell you that your information has been provided until years later. So it's good in cases like this but worrisome in general for privacy advocates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
slatchautoclinic