Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% I’m telling you I have a bad feeling in my stomach about this!
Me too, thus far, the actions by BL’s parents seem to demonstrate their priority and only interest in this whole sad saga is protecting their son. Not answering any communications from GP’s parents when they quit hearing from her, long before LE was involved, is beyond disturbing.

From the timeline in above post:
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.”

This certainly makes it appear that the family is well aware of what happened, at least the basics. If they’re truly worried about BL now, maybe they can at least understand how Gabby’s family felt when no one would give them any information whatsoever. But IMO, I doubt they have any compassion for others.

moo

It doesn't sound as if the two sets of parents have a particularly harmonious relationship. This may have pre-dated Gabby's disappearance. imo

Just an observation, for what its worth.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1439272811541975044?s=21

North Port Police say the items taken out of Brian Laundrie's house in evidence bags yesterday were articles of Brian's clothing. They needed clothes for the K9s. Police say the parents would only talk about the whereabouts of Brian. Attorney was on the phone the entire time.

Brian's parents seem so lost in their efforts to protect him that they are not only being heartless to Gabby's family, but shortsighted even about helping their son. It would surely help LE in their search for Brian to know why he fled & how suicidal he might actually be & for what reasons.

If it's not shortsightedness that has kept his parents from giving that relevant info to LE, one other obvious possibility is they aren't actually worried about him being suicidal & they know where he is.

Last edited:
But would LE devote this much time if they thought he was voluntarily missing? I'm at a loss as to the police spending so much time looking for him unless they are classifying him as endangered. It seems LE is still saying he is not wanted.
It's like a chess game, they can't just react in each moment, they have a longer term strategy.

Does having access to their phones mean they physically have their phones? I suppose they would have said "phone records" otherwise.

Actually, they said LE has "access to tracking information" for the phones, not the actual phones. I don't believe it is publically known where the phones are.

------------------
Just my own opinion

But would LE devote this much time if they thought he was voluntarily missing? I'm at a loss as to the police spending so much time looking for him unless they are classifying him as endangered. It seems LE is still saying he is not wanted.

RSBM

Could the protestors and widespread accusations towards him be a factor in considering him endangered? Deserved or not, it’s not a stretch to say someone could recognize him and lash out. Brian is very hated right now, and a very hated person suddenly vanishing could be endangered.

I haven’t seen him classified as endangered, just as missing, but it wouldn’t surprise me if he was labeled as such.

Me too, thus far, the actions by BL’s parents seem to demonstrate their priority and only interest in this whole sad saga is protecting their son. Not answering any communications from GP’s parents when they quit hearing from her, long before LE was involved, is beyond disturbing.
It definitely is, I just know my parents would be hounding me for answers, and yes I get it want to protect your son, but this was their future daughter in law! She stayed with them! Even if it was a horrendous accident please talk :(

I would guess they already have it. To access location data for both of them, they basically needed a court order. They may have already found her body for all we know. They’re probably just trying to flush him out at this point.

I had that feeling this morning when the spokesperson was talking about the searches for her in Wyoming with low enthusiasm.

Yes! This! There are so many ways to “technically change” your life story through SM. In fact, there are apps where you are able to schedule a time to send a text message. I have frequently considered this an option for the last text sent 8/30 to mom. Schedule text, leave phone somewhere random so no pings are able to be collected from BL’s trip back east.

Exactly!! I think we need to bear in mind that just because the text was delivered to GP's mum's phone on August 30th, that in no way means that that's when it was sent from GP's phone.

Sketchy signal, and scheduled messages can easily create a smoke screen in terms of a time line.

Edit: I should note that these are areas "I THINK" they are searching for Gabby. I cannot 100% confirm this search is for Gabby. It is the same tail#/identifier as yesterday and the only aircraft in the area doing an active search-style flight pattern.

Areas of Search for Gabby (hope these links work):
FlightAware - N274TH
N274TH

Area on Google Maps
Search-area

MOO
Legit question: Would a SAR helicopter be at 8,000 ft altitude?

It doesn't sound as if the two sets of parents have a particularly harmonious relationship. This may have pre-dated Gabby's disappearance. imo

Just an observation, for what its worth.

Yes, I observe the same. There is still a fairly large window that has Gabby turning up alive and well IMO, and this is one of the props holding it open in my speculative mind.

I'm in total agreement!

I would guess they already have it. To access location data for both of them, they basically needed a court order. They may have already found her body for all we know. They’re probably just trying to flush him out at this point.
Yes, IMO they don't make these announcement/ leaks because they're eager for the public to know. They likely want BL and his family to know.

Some of us work to dispel anxiety. :)

Yeah, definitely. The day before my dad's funeral, daughter and I deep-cleaned Mom's kitchen because we had to do something.

Besides that, life goes on. Some people do best keeping on with their routines and the necessities of life maintenance.

I see nothing sinister about him raking the lawn.

I know : ) I was born and lived in Florida until I was 30ish. But, he's desperate and would likely take desperate measures to hide regardless of bugs, snakes, gators, etc. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmeyer