Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he did something to Gabby and was leaving when the couple picked him up in the van' then got dropped off and walked to the van he was driving and drove home.

Been looking at the maps "what if" this couple was the "second" ride for the day?
wait whaaat! They removed his vehicle from where he went essentially stranding him there…. Oh, the irony..

what...out of all the places BL could have driven to....parents just happen to drive by and remove his car....why?
This family is so helter skelter. Maybe they put it there to mislead....LE didnt care wasnt looking for it and just went back and got it... Hope they find BL but he could be in Costa Rica by now.

SEP 18, 2021
Gabby Petito: Police searching for her fiancé, family says he's been missing for days: LIVE UPDATES (foxnews.com)
89fa1118af801a2134bdcbe63d059759.jpg

A combined task force of the North Port Police Department, FBI and related agencies entered the Carlton Reserve Saturday morning. Officers and agents entered the heavily wooded area wearing body armor after Laundrie’s parents reported him missing since Tuesday and named the reserve as his possible last known location.

You can't report a car stolen when it's in police custody. And he had every business driving the van, he was the primary driver, she admitted she wasn't used to driving it or comfortable in the driver's seat (I don't remember her words exactly), but she mainly rode shotgun from what it seems. So yes, he had every right and business driving it. He had no right and no business leaving her, that's what matters.
The thing is, GP could’ve reported the van stolen if she wasn’t missing. He had no right to drive the van because it wasn’t under his name and they weren’t even married. I do understand that she didn’t drive it and he did mostly, but it still wasn’t under his name. Dad can’t report it cus it’s not his. The only person that could’ve report it is not around.

I think the Bahamas has an extradition treaty. If he did leave the country (if, idk one way or the other), he'd have to go somewhere without an extradition treaty if he wanted to escape all of this. Unless he is a citizen of another country that does have an extradition treaty.
Good point.

I haven't seen Gainesville since I went to the university there, but wouldn't it work to just get to an area where there are lots of young people, and hang out? Especially if they have supplied him with 9,800 in cash?
Gainesville is 3+ hours north. I’m not understanding why you’re mentioning that particular city or that specific amount of money. I must have missed something.

So this is weird to me too. BL is 24 years old. He's not a minor. He's an adult. Legally independent. His parents have no legal rights over him in terms of guardianship, etc. Why didn't LE insist on speaking to BL to his face and have BL invoke his right himself? Isn't that pretty incompetent? What if BL wanted to speak but his parents were preventing it? (Unlikely but possible)

The parents have legal rights over their own home though. So if BL didn't come to them voluntarily they couldn't enter the home to talk to him.

not true!

In your opinion it’s not true. But I think it could be true. If she had been arrested she would’ve been in jail and separated from him. Next, her parents may have become involved. It also could’ve been a massive wake up call as to the ramifications of the (IMO) dangerous relationship with that guy.

He did tell the officer that they didn't have any money, it was on the video.
Yes I was thinking about that conversation when I posted it was strange he was offering $200 plus the fact he was heading to Florida with no money if he was using her credit card to purchase gas as I read earlier in the posts.

We have a kid in away at college and their pick up truck was left with us.
We both carry a key to the truck and drive it to keep it from moldering and just to be able to move it out of the way to mow, etc.

Now why the Laundries took the Mustang after finding it at the park?
I have no idea.
Maybe to prevent Brian from running even further away?

So this is weird to me too. BL is 24 years old. He's not a minor. He's an adult. Legally independent. His parents have no legal rights over him in terms of guardianship, etc. Why didn't LE insist on speaking to BL to his face and have BL invoke his right himself? Isn't that pretty incompetent? What if BL wanted to speak but his parents were preventing it? (Unlikely but possible)
Their first interaction at the house was the parents handing the lawyers business card to LE IIRC so I don’t think they could have insisted further and forced them to get BL? @OldCop might know what their training would require them to do?
JMO

JMO…he’s not having a mental health crisis. He’s having a “I’m going to be charged with murder” crisis.

JMO..I believe they “care” because he’s literally the only person who knows what happened. If he’s gone…answers are gone.

IMO it's unfortunate they didn't "care" more about him when they knew where he was.

I just saw posted on here that the police were stationed at his parents house overnight.

This is after he left the house everyone knew he's been at for about 2 weeks I think.

Him appearing on her IG on that date does not mean he was present that date. It's not uncommon to post content at a later time, especially if you are trying to get a following and devote time to working on your social media/constructing content.

I agree, this must be what happened. Just very strange. I can’t put together why he would fly back and I wonder what she told her family of his strange actions.

Mr. Taylor IMO is clearly in over his head. I hope the department has a better handle on it. ETA: I say this meaning no disrespect at all. NPPD is a small department with limited resources and this is quite an extraordinary case that would push most agencies to the limit.

I actually thought he was a pretty great spokesperson until this turned into a 3 ring circus,
of which he didn't want to be the MC. MOO

Additional photos from the search for Brian Laundrie around the Carlton Reserve area. If you have seen him please use 1-800-CALL-FBI or submit online at tips.fbi.gov.
View attachment 313131 View attachment 313132 View attachment 313133 View attachment 313134
https://twitter.com/northportpolice/status/1439309309175902216?s=21
Thanks for posting this.

Which do you lean toward: ?

a. He ran into the reserve to commit suicide.

b. The nature reserve was a cover, and he has fled the U.S. (with or without his parents’ aid).

c. Neither of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member