Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a kid in away at college and their pick up truck was left with us.
We both carry a key to the truck and drive it to keep it from moldering and just to be able to move it out of the way to mow, etc.

Now why the Laundries took the Mustang after finding it at the park?
I have no idea.
Maybe to prevent Brian from running even further away?

I don’t believe anything the Laundries say. In fact, I don’t believe that they’re telling the truth about Brian possibly being in the area that is currently being searched. I don’t believe that they went looking for Brian ran across the car and drove it home. I believe that everything they are telling police is a lie. MOO

This family (BL's) have absolutely no idea what they're doing. Any lawyer worth his salt told them to stay put and clam up.
They've done neither. They decide to allow BL to suit up and (despite a possible murder rap) go for a little wander in the local jungle. The parents elect to holing up in their home, but they let their kid (you know, the one that makes really bad decisions) go wandering off on a trip to nowhere. He takes the car. He doesn't return. They go to where the car is parked, pick it up and bring it back home.
So, they've elected to leave him stranded? Whaaaaa?
Did they search? Leave food or water? IDK.
The lawyer is either furious or in on this caper.
Were they delivering him to a ride to New York?
No need to leave their car there, if so.
Did a relative meet them in the park and transfer him to their vehicle?

In any case, they're expending all of this energy for someone who is clammed up, protected by a lawyer, and light years away from being charged.

<Just back from feverish attempt to Google something that will make this case move off dead center :oops:>

What about this?

Under Florida Statute 837.055, the crime of Providing False Information to Law Enforcement is committed when a person knowingly and willfully gives false information to a law enforcement officer conducting a felony investigation or a missing person investigation with the intent to mislead the law enforcement officer or impede an investigation.

Providing False Information to Law Enforcement in Florida
We don't know that they have provided false information, though. In Gabby's case, they have provided "no" information.

Gainesville is 3+ hours north. I’m not understanding why you’re mentioning that particular city or that specific amount of money. I must have missed something.
When I was there long ago, it had something like 35k students, and thousands more who weren't students but hung out with all the other young people. I know it is north, but my point was that maybe he hasn't left the state if he could fade into a group of people roughly his age. I'm sure things have changed, that used to be the largest gathering of young people in a University in Fla. Re the 9,800, I have a hunch his parents gave him money to get away, and banks are required to flag withdrawals of 10k or more, IIRC.

So his parents thought he was home? But he left days earlier?
That house is not huge...no way an adult male could "hide" in there. If they thought he was there but really he was not for several days....do they never speak in that not huge house? No one is ever in the kitchen at the same time?
baloney

Maybe he's the type who locks himself in his room for long periods of time? It's not that uncommon (and sometimes has some rather odd behaviors linked to it).

But I think they knew he was gone from the house.

I can only imagine further protection of their son or alternatively they are lying liars who lie….
JMO
By the way his parents are handling this I am really not surprised. It all comes to the way he was raised, any other human being would have taken responsibility and man up to what happened, accident or not. Even if they are not guilty of any crime, they sure did raise a messed up kid.

If I was running away in FL from a crime I committed I wouldn't stay on foot. I would hop on a boat. By boat (if weather is in his favor) he could easily go to many places. Many boaters docked at a marina aren't watching the news, don't have TV's, and some don't even use the internet, so you could easily hide for quite some time.
Could live cheaply too. Wouldn't even have to dock at marinas, could anchor in the channels and creeks, get odd jobs and and go unnoticed. Do they have a kayak?

Assuming BL was hiding out in his parents house.
If Mustang was vehicle that BL used to flee to wildlife reserve, and was parked in driveway of BL's parents house, how did he get from house to car in driveway without anyone from the crowds outside the house not seeing him.
Was he in disguise? Was car parked in garage and he was hiding in trunk?
And someone else was driving him there?
Apologies to all if I am missed some obvious info or this was covered in previous posts.

It has crossed my mind that one of the parents may have driven his car while he hid covered in the back.

I know they aren't approved for this case but Duty Ron and Police Off the Cuff have been covering this case if you wanted to see what retired detectives think about the situation. No links but you can look for them on YouTube.

Honestly, with the case being in the media as much as it is, I find it very hard to believe he could go anywhere far. I would be extremely surprised.

Thanks for posting this.

Which do you lean toward: ?

a. He ran into the reserve to commit suicide.

b. The nature reserve was a cover, and he has fled the U.S. (with or without his parents’ aid).

c. Neither of the above.[/QUOTE

At this point, I think his parents only reached out to the police because they have reason to believe he has died by suicide. They weren't interested in cooperating at all previously and it is hard to believe that they would be so stupid, under counsel, to lie to LE as a distraction after knowing they helped their son leave.
I think they will find his body soon, if they haven't already. moo.
I agree that they must be genuinely worried about his safety (plus, LE wouldn't confirm whether or not he had a gun). But they could also be worried about the fact they are in over their heads and have made numerous mistakes (even if not intentional) allowing all this to happen and waiting too long to speak. I don't think they are using this as a distraction, I think it got out of hand and now they realize they have to sort of 'come clean' about it as best they can because 1) he's not at home and the police will realize that eventually if he is charged 2) they cannot reach him and are worried about his safety 3) they could be implicated for lying about his whereabouts or actions if they don't speak up about it now.

I think they had trusted their son's story. They didn't expect this to blow up because of whatever story he had told them; it only started to blow up last Saturday; then he said he said he was "going on a hike" on Tuesday to clear his head -when the case was still heating- and they let him do that (or dropped him off), and then that day he is named a POI and it starts unraveling quickly, they can't find him, they're starting to wonder if he really *is* involved and they were naive to trust him; by Friday they realize they have to tell someone that they don't know where he is. I'm not saying it's all been intentional, but it's all been really poorly played. I think now they're realizing they don't trust his story, and he is in real trouble, both legally and mentally and very well could commit suicide, and it would be REALLY bad for everyone involved if they acted like he was at home and he wasn't so they 'fessed up.

I do not trust them and I hope they're feeling a little bit of what Gabby's parents felt and have more understanding now that protecting their son wasn't the best idea.

I disagree. Telling someone they can’t do something important to them to the point that it’s obviously distressing to them is problematic at best. It’s not IMO at all comparable to your wife telling you those shorts are ugly or you should clean out the garage. It would be more like her telling you that you can’t do/ will fail at your job.

Neither of us know the exact words that BL had said to BP about her SM influencing endeavor. But I think it is quite clear that neither GP's family nor BL's family are very wealthy and neither GP nor BL are trust fund babies. There are some SM influencers who are globe-hopping, vlogging, and blogging from exotic locations around the world. But they have vast funds, either from their parents or from years of frugally saving before they quite their day job to chase their dreams. I have a great friend in Seattle who worked for 20+ years as a high-ranking manager at Microsoft before quitting and becoming a full-time pottery artist. GP quit her job as a nutritionist at a health drink store and then decided to go on this 4-month trip to *BEGIN* to try to monetize her SM activity. To me, this is VERY delusional. If you told your partner that you quit your job last week and now you have aspirations to make a living as a SM blogger/influencer, a ballet dancer, or as a guitarist in a rock band, and your partner says to you, "But you do not have any experience as a blogger, ballet dancer, or guitarist. Maybe you should keep your day job until you gain enough traction on the social media front." - that is not being a negative Debbie Downer by giving you a wake-up call that you cannot become a successful ballet dancer or guitarist - unless you have very rich parents (and neither BL/GP parents are filthy rich), that is called giving your partner a reality check on a totally different job that you aspire to.

GP had about 2K followers. That is a "newbie" ranking in the influencer game, certainly nowhere near enough to begin to monetize and live off of it.

TLDR: Sure, have dreams and raise your head into the clouds. But remember still to keep you feet firmly gripping the ground of reality. Most of us are not working at our dream jobs, but in the absence of extremely rich parents and being trust fund babies, we all continue our daily grind instead of impulsively jumping into the deep end of a far-fetched dream.

One more thought and I think this is very important.

Bl’s actions indicate to me that he doesn’t care about anyone but himself.

He doesn’t care what his parents are going through. He didn’t leave to spare his parents the trauma of him killing himself in their presence.

He doesn’t care about Gabby.

He doesn’t care about Gabby’s family.

He left to save himself. He left because he’s a coward. He left so he didn’t have to go to prison. He ran like a scared little kid. He has no empathy.

He is a narcisstic 24 year old with the maturity of a spoiled 10 year old who got into trouble but it’s not his fault. Gabby did something in his mind that caused him to do whatever he’s done. It’s all her fault.

He’s ruined Gabby’s life, her parents, her siblings, her friends, his parents, his family and so on. His actions have created widespread carnage and I’m telling you that he doesn’t care.

It’s all about him and how he is affected.

In all my years here, I have never seen anything like this.

IMO he’s long gone.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members