Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ironically, if he had cooperated as soon as got home, there was more hope of his being protected now. His silence did not protect him. It's what is crucifying him.
No one cares if he was gentle as a lamb. There is a woman who seemingly disappeared off the face of this earth and a good person does whatever possible to help find her, especially if they were the last known person to have been with her. Not being able to do so for whatever reason is not gentleness. It's weakness. There is a difference between the two.
He didn’t cooperate because he knew she was dead probably by his own hands if he left a live Gabby he would have told them so he’s not faced with a murder charge but that is not the case.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. I don't care if I get flamed for saying the following, but the immediate reaction I had of Brian when I watched the videos in Moab was that he was a somewhat socially awkward and eager to please. The vitriol displayed on these threads against Brian before we even know what happened to Gabby is disheartening to me. I note there are alot of new members posting - some good - some bad, the thread is moving at the speed of light, but very little factual information is being shared. I may be proved wrong, but I don't believe he premeditated and INTENTIONALLY harmed anyone.
All we do know is that he was with her, returned without her, and has refused to cooperate to find her. So you must admit, there is a certain amount of vitriol that is warranted.

It breaks my heart how Gabbies family have been literally begging for information all this time. Brian's family only called the the police that he was missing on the Friday when he was last seen on Tuesday!

I wonder how many of those bullhorns in front of the Laundries house are now in front of the North Point Police Station.

4. Also, when I looked at a map it occurred to me that Brian may have gotten anxious and asked to get out suddenly from the TikTok girl's jeep for a different reason. Driving south from Colter Bay toward Jackson, there's a fork in road near the dam - it appears that the jeep driver took the park road instead of the highway (191). If Brian was trying to get back to the Spread Creek campground where the van was parked, he wanted to go on 191, because that's the road which leads to the turn off to the campground. So as soon as the driver took the right turn on the park road, instead of 191, Brian freaked out and asked to get out. And where was he? The Jackson Dam area.
I had the same thought. It seemed from their AllTrails & Dyrt that Gabby was the planner / navigator of the pair, so maybe he'd thought the campsite had been closer to Jackson but then recognized the turnoff as they passed.

HELP PLEASE-
I can post, but everytime i hit reply to a post it doesnt post correctly and gets deleted. please tell me what i am doing wrong/ thank you

I'm confused about him being gone since Tuesday or Friday. Is the picture of him walking down the road from Friday afternoon or Tuesday afternoon?

IMO the search for Gabby must also be done downstream of any streams/rivers in that area. If BL never wanted GP to be discovered, throwing her body in a river would be the best bet.

What I noticed today was that ALL of the searchers for BL were wearing body armor and were armed when they are going to be searching in a swampy parkland with extreme heat and humidity. While searchers normally wear heavy boots and protective clothing and even carrying a gun is not that unusual in an area where there are panthers and alligators BUT body armor is not usually part of the attire unless they have reason to believe someone might shoot at them.
Spokesperson for police said that they believed he was going to resist

It makes no sense to take the car if he were still in the park. How did they think he was going to get home? I think he called them and told them to pick up the car. An abandoned car would have alerted authorities, so they had to pick it up.
I'm wondering if they ever planned for him to return home. If he was carrying a fully loaded backpack, that sounds like a trip not just a hike in the woods to clear his mind. I wonder if they took him, all decked out for a trip, and dropped him off. Maybe he was supposed to call when he got where he was going and he never did. Or maybe they got home and saw something in his room that made them concerned for what he might be planning, or even maybe got the whole story about the trip out west from something they found. The best chance for him to get wherever he was going would be to have someone else drive, plus they said they saw him at the Reserve on Tuesday so they were all there at the same time. It would make more sense for them to drop him off. He could have called them to tell them to pick it up but it would have been more efficient and attract less attention to just drop him off.

really?? Everyone that wants to be sweet about Brian, what is your theory about what’s happening here? I’m genuinely curious how anyone can think he’s sweet and loving and just happened to return home with his girlfriend’s van and no girlfriend and won’t answer any questions about it?!

edited to remove old question
Click on the user’s name and there should be an option to “ignore”.

I tend to see some commonalities among the families of killers, (if that’s what has happened here). Scott Peterson. Neil Entwhistle. Chris Coleman. Chris Watts. Casey Anthony.

Tons of enabling. Aggressive denial. Victim-blaming if the victim isn’t their own blood relative. Stubborn acceptance of bizarre, illogical stories. Etc.
Also, Frazee and Morphew.

AMEN to this heartfelt and well written post. I agree 100% and will add that imho there is possible schizophrenia here- possibly undiagnosed. At the least there is schizotypal disorder. These things are hereditary and at least one parent could also suffer this and be completely clueless about their own illness. Let’s have some compassion and much less harsh judgement. All my own conjecture.
I am just curious - do you have expertise in mental health?

ETA: Please disregard if already answered. I am a little behind. :oops:

I think it was ridiculous the police in Utah spent a whole hour with them for something so trivial as a couple witnessing them having an argument.

Maybe the police in Utah don't have enough to do, but in many other places, the police wouldn't even bother with such a minor thing.

A witness reported a couple arguing and fighting? Small fry.

And even when the police pulled the van over later on, HE was speeding and hitting a kerb, yet nothing was done about that. Not even mentioned by the police, who then spent a whole hour pretending to be social workers!

Just a quick 2 minute check on them would've been enough, then sent them on their way.
When LE found them (there was an earlier incident reported by a third party witness), BL was speeding (45 in 15), Gabby said she was hitting his arm telling him to pull over, they almost had an accident, and BL had marks on him, and Gabby was clearly distressed. So, it's going to take longer than 2 minutes - no matter what the outcome. BTW, panic/anxiety attacks can be a medical emergency. A lot of LE still aren't trained properly in mental health emergencies. Thankfully that is changing, and services are now regularly OFFERED (not forced) in many jurisdictions. Gabby was not offered this help at any time during the "whole hour" investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18