Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mean I think the report was false. I think he really did run away on Tuesday and his parents are concerned since he is out of touch. I just wonder if LE took advantage of immediately declaring him a "missing person" so they could get the records. Within hours they were able to get his digital records and track exactly where his phone pinged over the past month without needing a warrant.

I can't imagine finding someone who is hiding, not missing, would justify the response otherwise.
I had not thought of this, good point.

*cringe* Absolutely not! I started at 12 years old…many young women are very interested in True Crime…

Cringing at my own comment now, definitely not what I meant. I was implying that it could have been Brian’s since he seemed more interested in that sort of thing. I did not mean that she couldn’t be interested in it because she was a women, though I didn’t quite word that too well!

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just pay the storage fee and wait til they got home to clean it out than purchase cross-country airfare to do it??
I'm thinking the storage unit is probably unrelated. My thoughts are that it could be due to the tropical storm, and the unit might have gotten flooded and Brian had the key/access to the unit and wanted to fly home to move it out before it was damaged from all the water. Who knows, just a theory. Worth flying home for? Not sure about that....

She didn't run to Fox News. She did a TikTok and Fox picked it up (making it MSM). I believe LE, sooner or later, found her credible and that, along with the Dyrt itinerary, persuaded them to look at Spread Creek.

Exactly. A woman called in a tip to FBI. Then she made sure that everyone knew about her tip to the extent that it is reported in the news. There are pages of comments discussing the tip that she called in to FBI even though it is an uncorroborated tip. Should we discuss what must be thousands of other tips as well? What makes this tip different? The FBI certainly have not treated this tip as special.

It's a nice story that makes no sense regarding Gabby and Brian walking 10 miles or so to camp. Why would they do that when they have a perfectly good vanlife van for sleeping safely? Where was the van allegedly parked while Brian was freaking out about hitchhiking to Jackson after asking for a ride to Jackson?

I don't think Gabby reading a book about the Zodiac Killer is unusual. I'm a woman about the same age as her, and true crime is a popular interest among women in the 18-24 age group.

I agree with you, nothing wrong with reading popular books. With that said, just because she is in an Instagram photo reading that book doesn't mean she actually read it. Instagram photos by influencers are incredibly staged. She could have decided that it would look cool if they were reading books in a hammock and grabbed the first two books she could find in the van.

That seems odd. First she's a nutritionist (at least a two-year degree) and now she's a pharmacy technician (requires certification.) But the only documented workplaces before they left on their trip are Publix, a juice bar, and (maybe) Taco Bell.

Yeah, I don't/didn't understand these diametrically opposed assertions either; but maybe "nutritionist" is just the cutesy name that juice shop gives to its counter clerks, a la "barista".

...I mean, it's possible, right?

Either that, or a serious mis-hear on account of that journalistic outlet, and the "pharmacy technician" is wrong.

I've thought about this as well.

The flaw is, as someone who knows that area posted yesterday, the whole area is overrun with hikers this time of year. They didn't think there's anywhere a stranger/non-serious hiker, could go where other hikers wouldn't soon go too. Where do you hide a body?

Though, mention of the tarp by the ticktocker sends me a little alert: as a way to potentially move a body.
I was thinking that he came back with just the tarp because something happened to the tent, like maybe it was used to transport a body, was damaged in a struggle, or had blood splatter on it. Two walked to the campsite, and only one came back.

People on a (mostly) true crime forum judging others interested in true crime. :D I had to laugh at this.

ETA: I shudder to think what opinions would be formed of me if my "likes" and search history were to be scrutinized.

BBM: Wouldn't you?

IMO, this is one of those instances where I think fictional cop shows get it exactly right/true to life. I'd take any loophole too!

Absolutely - as soon as LE announced it last night I thought immediately of the digital data loopholes. His parents (allegedly) refused to cooperate and then unintentionally give LE the most valuable information of all.

I've thought about this as well.

The flaw is, as someone who knows that area posted yesterday, the whole area is overrun with hikers this time of year. They didn't think there's anywhere a stranger/non-serious hiker, could go where other hikers wouldn't soon go too. Where do you hide a body?

Though, mention of the tarp by the ticktocker sends me a little alert: as a way to potentially move a body.
I agree (MOO) re: the tarp. A tarp found on Ted Bundy, for example, would have definitely been interesting, right?!

Gabby Petito case: Search continues in thousands of rural acres for Brian Laundrie

“At this point, we’re going by the family’s word of where they think he is,” he said. They said he was familiar with the parks and often went there. Taylor also said Brian’s scent was at the park, although the car he may have driven there, or ridden in, was not there.

Police were also trying to figure out how Laundrie actually got to the park area. The car he was using somehow “made its way back” to the Laundrie’s home, Taylor said. Investigators were searching it, as well as the house, Friday night and Saturday. They did not impound the vehicle.

I suspect they let him off right at the intersection rather than going clear back to the dam, so probably a bit less than that. What time did they say they dropped him off? I think he still had several hours of daylight.
She said they picked him up 5:45pm, let him out at 6:09pm.

Not to mention the cost of the hotel for 5-6 nights for Gabby! A financial motive doesn't make sense to me. It seems likely to me that it was an excuse to go back to FL for some other reason.
Doctor appointment? I’m not clear on his conditions but anybody with any psychiatric problem wants to see their own physician and yes they would pay to do that. Having an episode or needing meds. They go to many lengths to see their doctor.

Yes, one of her parents said that, but what I replied to basically completely made up idea that he was practically hired help. I’m not a fan of Brian, but him and Gabby taking a step back or becoming de-engaged doesn’t give any of us the right to literally make up details about their intimate relationship. As of the 12th, they admitted to being in love and engaged. Please don’t make up lies about their relationship.

I read the original post. I didn't get any of this at all from it. The OP was merely breaking down the dynamics of their working relationship on the road, IMO. You know, who did what and why the van was really potentially more important to Gabby. I didn't read anything that discussed their love relationship.

I suspect they let him off right at the intersection rather than going clear back to the dam, so probably a bit less than that. What time did they say they dropped him off? I think he still had several hours of daylight.

Baker claims to have picked up a hitchhiker she identified as Laundrie at about 5:45 p.m. on the way to Jackson Hole, which she referred to as “Jackson.”

Later, at about 6:09 p.m. when she mentioned “Jackson Hole,” he asked to get out, she said of her supposed interaction.

“Once I said Jackson Hole he became agitated,” she said in one of the vidoes. “He seemed like he needed to get out, he was kind of antsy. And that’s when things got weird.”

She claims they let the hitchhiker out near Jackson Dam and he crossed the street to a crowded lot to continue to hitchhike.

TikToker says she picked up Brian Laundrie hitchhiking in Grand Teton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member