Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snip>
This scenario makes sense of the reported facts as follows:

- BL returned to FL with among the stated aims, “gathering more gear for the next phase of the trip,” and retrieved from his house or storage, or otherwise procured, among other things, a packraft, kayak, or other inflatable large enough for 2 people and with at least a partial covering. As a sometime Floridian from a part of the state with lots of low-lying water and canals, he would have been familiar with various water-craft, including small boats and inflatables.

When was this reported?

There's no such job title as nutritionist, no certificate or credentials. Instead, there are registered dieticians.

There was a best-seller about a decade ago written by someone who called herself a nutritionist. It turned out that she got a certificate after a short stint at a massage school.

I wish the original posts weren't truncated, because now I'm wondering where the "pharmacy technician" came in.

It came in here. Police Search Florida Wilderness for ‘Person of Interest’ in Van Mystery

Ms. Petito, the oldest of six siblings, had been working as a pharmacy technician to save money for the trip.
She met Mr. Laundrie at Bayport-Blue Point High School on Long Island, Mr. Schmidt said. They began dating after graduation and moved two years ago to Florida, he said.

BBM.

When I was 22 I spent all of my free time outside of law school posting in a secret forum dedicating to finding additional crimes of the serial killer Joseph Duncan.

Girls can do anything. ;)

I think most females at some point in time become interested in serial killings, starting around the teens. I think it's a bit like the original purpose of fairy tales. for us to confront the darkness of possibility in the safety of our homes from behind computer screens. It's usually Jack the Ripper because there is a bit of romanticism (literary not literal) to the Ripper killings.

BL's art, while I haven't seen it, doesn't sound much different than the doodles of a lot of guys I've seen selling commissions at comic conventions. Blood, guns, violence, it's just what guys draw/sell.

Neither of these things makes someone dangerous. Liking emo/angry music, also not necessarily a precursor for mental illness no matter how much crap I give my kid about her emo bands. The music can be awful and still not lead people astray.

In a day or two if it comes out that one of them was an avid Dungeons & Dragons player that's also not a reason that someone snaps and kills themselves or someone else. Honestly, getting some 80s flashbacks in this thread.

Search for Brian Laundrie halted at nightfall as questions mount in Gabby Petito's disappearance

Taylor said that Laundrie's parents did not provide any information to officers Friday night about Petito.

So, this means they know nothing?
I was reading the timeline. This stood out to me. On the 30th, Gabby's mom, after having trouble getting a hold of Gabby, tried to contact Roberta, BL's mom, and Roberta did not answer. IMHO, the families had been in communication throughout this van-life thing, which would make Roberta's not returning calls a "clue". So, in my opinion, this isn't coincidence, this is because BL has communicated something to the parents in the 27th-30th timeframe. IMHO, this information prompted BL's parents to contact their attorney. So, in this fictionalized account of mine, the infuriating behavior of the parents has all been guided by legal counsel. I can further speculate that IF BL conveyed information of a criminal activity, then the family needs legal counsel, as accessory-after-the-fact charges may be at stake. Cornell Law School offers this definition. "An accessory-after-the-fact is someone who assists 1) someone who has committed a crime, 2) after the person has committed the crime, 3) with knowledge that the person committed the crime, and 4) with the intent to help the person avoid arrest or punishment. An accessory after the fact may be held liable for, among other things, obstruction of justice...the government has the burden of proof to show that the defendant assisted the principal offender after the crime." So, IMHO, the Laundries infuriating behavior is because they have been sucked into this by BL, and the Laundries, and all of us, have the right not to incriminate ourselves. We cannot be forced to give testimony against ourselves. IMHO, legal counsel may be guiding the Laundries behavior. It's not just BL anymore, and hasn't been since the August 27-30th timeframe. MOO

Interesting, maybe split next post up between paras to make it easier to read?

Now this is a really interesting angle. I can pretty easily imagine him already being in therapy, and trying to contact his therapist - cell phone - when he got into trouble. But confidentiality rules and law would prohibit the therapist from initiating contact with LE.
I do not think in a criminal investigation with a person missing that this applies.It has been discussed much on here.

I have no idea what happened but when I see someone say something makes no sense I feel a need to expand the imagination. They are camping in the van/tent in a van friendly spot but then go off for a Instagram friendly sunset pic. He has backpack with minimal supplies. They get in a fight. He does her harm. He carries her far away from the location they are camping to get away from the other campers. He ditches the body but now its night and he gets lost and hikes in teh wrong direction away from the van. He eventually ends up the next day (or the day after) at the place where he hitches the ride from the TikToker. He doesn't really know how to get to the van from there so he says Jackson. He eventually sees a location he recognizes (the dam) and now knows how to get to the van. He hitches another ride and gets to the van and high tails it out of there.

While he is hiking lost he plans his entire strategy in a fugue of desperation. Its a dumb plan but then, he just did a very dumb thing so he isn't really thinking straight anyway.

I really, really like this scenario. The pieces fit. The only variation might be that his first thought after a murder would be to take off north as fast as possible (using his thumb) and then decide he'd rather be a fugitive in a van than on foot, so heads back and gets it.

Do roads go into the disbursed camping areas, or is it necessary to hike in? Or does it just mean no facilities?
It can be any of those however usually roads go in. Then there are first come sites with maybe a fire pit, lucky if has rustic table, but often nada but a flat pull in. Since it seems like they were usually on NP land there were likely other campers around- but not as close as a campground. From what I can surmise from social posts and the body cam video, they considered themselves more able hikers/campers than they likely were. I don't think they were off on 20 m hikes, maybe 5-6 miles. Also, they didn't have backpacking gear, they had car camping gear.

There is a post of a mapping video to the FBI Denver Field Office. The video was done by a person identifying himself as a search and rescue guy who is an outdoorsman, familiar with the area. The author of the video has some differing info (he has a sighting at a bar in Idaho; I saw an account of a sighting at a bar in Montana in West Yellowstone). Everything else seems to mesh very well with the timeline we have put together. However, he has an added piece of information. 2 Elk Hunters reportedly came forward stating that they spotted the van at Spread Creek on 8/29. The Elk hunters were apparently unaware of any other witness accounts. The thought: BL may have "left the van" at Spread Creek. This is why he jumped out of the car when the TikTokers were going on the Scenic road away from I-191. As we know, the FBI is now searching out information on Spread Creek.

I’ve seen this video. When you say “a post of a mapping video to the FBI Denver Field Office” do you mean that the FBI has shared this information or that the maker of the video has just (for lack of a better phrase) put it out there?

I hope he has shared this information with the FBI. It does seem well thought out and from someone familiar with the area.

I’ve considered that exact scenario, and it’s definitely plausible. But what I can’t understand, is why - when they have kept BL so tightly under wraps, they let him venture out alone? He could be confronted by members of the public, LE, press, etc. Under the circumstances, considering he’s the POI in a high profile missing persons case, letting him go to into a wooded “wilderness” area alone is a recipe for disaster. They had to know this was a bad idea. I know he’s an adult, but I wonder if they considered the potential ramifications. I just think they’ve made some really questionable decisions that no matter how this case is resolved, will affect them negatively forever.

I don't think BL's parents knew anything was out of the ordinary until GP's parents started calling and texting around 9/10. Yes, BL returned with her van (it was pointed out to me on my previous posts that it was proven that it WAS her van) but IMO he could have explained it. He had already left her once before on the other side of the country. He could have told them that they were breaking up and that she was meeting up with Rose Davis for her birthday on August 29 Gabby Petito’s Friend Says She Missed Her Birthday, Yellowstone Meetup in Late August: Report in Yellowstone and that she would be flying back with her and sent him home with the van.

Under these circumstances, BLs would not have even known that GP was missing until her parents started calling on the 9th/10th. I speculate that this is when the family retained the attorney (he left her alive and no one is going to believe me). He knows the truth is going to come out eventually and three days later he tells them is going out for a hike. (They may have fought and TOLD him it was stupid but he went anyway). He did not come back. They drove around and found the Mustang. They drove it back to the house which would force him to call them for a ride home. He does not return and they are waiting until three days go by hoping he will come back. They don't want to call the police but now they have to.

I can't believe people are still asking why they are bothering to look for BL.

He drove back from the West to Florida in HER van. Without HER.

At the very least, he has some explaining to do.

At best, he can provide information that leads to Gabby's whereabouts.
I think time is of the essence in finding him. Unless he told his parents or someone else where Gabby is, without him, the chances of finding her have gone down exponentially.

The Laundrie family spoke for the first time with police on Friday to report Brian Laundrie missing, but with a lawyer on speaker. Police say Gabby Petito was never mentioned in their conversation.

His family told them he took his car, but it was found parked at the Laundrie house in North Port.

“We’re going by their word,” said Josh Taylor, spokesman with North Port Police Department.

Palm Beach County criminal defense attorney, Gregg Lerman, says he understands why the Laundrie family lawyer has advised them to stay quiet.

“No one ever seems to help themselves by talking to the police,” said Gregg Lerman, attorney.

“If you look at a lot of the people who the innocence project has gotten out of prison, a lot of those people were false confessions, people who didn’t have the benefit of counsel and whose words were twisted,” he added.
'We’re going by their word': Search for Brain Laundrie unsucsessful, Gabby Petito still missing

I do not think in a criminal investigation with a person missing that this applies.It has been discussed much on here.

It does apply. There has been case law when someone got hurt because a therapist didn't contact LE or a potential victim, but in most places, therapists won't discuss their clients until they are dead - if then.

The tarp bothers me. I highly doubt he’d been out camping for days as he told the couple who picked him up. They noted he was clean. The tarp was for another purpose I think.
He said to them he was sleeping on it. I doubt he’d lug around a tarp he had used to dispose of a body. He was clean because he apparently showered in Colton bay before they picked him up. It bothers me too, because they had a tent. What happened to the tent? I’d bet money it wasn’t in the van when it was confiscated and it’s nowhere to be found now.

In the Moab video, when Gabby says "He's a downer!" I started nodding vigorously.

But if things like drawing Itchy and Scratchy fanart or reading Chuck Palahniuk were genuine danger signs, every day would be like the Purge. Brian's IG captions are relentlessly negative in tone, and he does seem a bit immature for a soon-to-be-24-year-old man (and making money from selling knockoff art of someone else's creations isn't very admirable.) But that doesn't red-flag someone as a murderer. BL doesn't strike me as being much different than a whole lot of other drifting, aimless millennial dudes.

Agree about the immature part, but some men at that age are just immature -- when they discover that they have to work for a living (most of them have to work, not all of 'em), they finally get serious and get a "real job."
Liking your name...
And,

Welcome to Websleuths,
TotusTuus !!

Thanks I am aware of that, but it has nothing to do with my point. Real outdoors people are constantly, basically innately aware of NSEW, where they are.
I think BL was keenly aware of where he was. That's why he realized instantly that the driver was not going to take Hwy 191 to Jackson and he asked to be let out. He needed to be on 191 to get back to the van.

Attachments

Signing off for the night.

IMO

Gabby is dead.
Brian is responsible one way or another. Accident or otherwise.
Finding him is the only possible chance to learn what happened to her, because he is the only one who knows.
Anyone else who knows would have come forward by now.

I really respect you Otto, but I disagree on this one. People should watch the 5 or 6 videos she has posted. Miranda said BL stated he left his "wife" (verified by Miranda's text to her mother) for several days, and hiked down the Snake River. Only Brian hiked away from the van.
She said he said "Fiancé" but she texted her Mom "wife"... prob if her mom was so worried, wife sounds better OR she just doesn't wanna spell finace... seems like many folks cannot. I think her videos are legit, but srsly pretty much everything is speculation at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState