Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking to Good Morning America Saturday, North Port Police Public Information Officer Josh Taylor said police were "trying to corroborate everything they've been telling us."

Taylor said detectives spoke with Chris and Roberta Laundrie in-person with their lawyer present over the phone.

"I wouldn't say that it was, you know, a full conversation. Right now their focus was on us helping them find their son," Taylor said.

"Certainly that truck did not drive from, you know, potentially, you know, the mountain west to here on one tank of gas so we know there were stops along the way. If people saw anything as far as those movements, we're piecing that together, some parts of the time line we've solidified. We know her mother talked to her, saw her on facetime on the 25th of August," Taylor said.
Search continues for Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie

I wonder how far the dogs followed Brian’s scent? I’m having a really hard time believing his parents let him take off knowing how outraged people are he’s not talking.
They waited 3 days because they knew once the police got his phone information it could give up Gabby’s location and implicate Brian. As a parent I would have a seriously hard time asking for anyone to find my child, knowing he could have cause another to disappear. I imagine at this point the parents really can’t say anything about what they know without getting themselves in deep, however they still should! Just my thoughts this morning….

Trigger warning, not a pleasant scenario follows: Hypothetically, let’s say Brian strangled Gabby in a fit of rage fighting over her leaving him to see friend on birthday. Her remains, God bless the young innocent girl, left somewhere in the middle of the Godforsaken wilderness subject to the elements and the fauna. They ,the police and FBI ,never ever find them so no crime. No DNA, nothing to light up luminal, he takes days to return to van, all washed up. He remains silent for life on what occurred. Now what??? Can he get away with murder?????
That's what I'm thinking. If they left from the dispersed camping site on foot and he shows alone up at Coulter Bay alone, how did he get there? Is Gabby along that route? Let's go map warriors!

question if i may (iʻm sincerely asking for clarification and learning, not to be combative or anything icky). iʻm confused, how did we get all the posts about tiktok girl ʻpicking up brian hitchhikingʻ and then ʻsomebody who took a photo on their phone and it looked like it might be brianʻ walking near his parents house the other day, long before i saw mention of either of those on msm. iʻve read the rules (several times lol) but iʻve got legit brain fog from an injury and having a hard time understanding what can be talked about and what canʻt. i saw that not only the video links were snipped but even just a mention of them. thanks for any help in clarifying, much appreciated. i certainly donʻt want to add to the modʻs work!
The Tik Toc story was linked to FOX news 13, and the man walking story was linked to The New York Post.

Thanks for seeking clarity. I do appreciate it.
Any references you may have observed before it was picked up by MSM were removed. Sometimes it takes us a bit to get caught up so posts may linger until we can get to them.
It wasn’t until the information was picked up by MSM that it was permitted for discussion.

Hope that helps!

yes, i got it now! and thanks for all yʻall do in keeping this lil circus running smoothly! ;)

Search for Gabby Petito’s fiancé Brian Laundrie continues
LATEST Updates

Search resumes for Laundrie
The search for Brian Laundrie, a person of interest in the disappearance of his fiancée Gabby Petito, has resumed today.

….

Campers with information urged to come forward
The FBI is calling on people who stayed at the Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area in Wyoming between 27 and 30 August to get in touch if they have information on Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie.

…..

Hashtag viewed more than quarter of billion times
The hashtag #GabbyPetito has been viewed more than 268 million times on social media network TikTok alone.

Dozens of other hashtags – such as #findgabbypetito and #gabbypetitoupdate – have attracted the views of millions of people intent on following the developments in her disappearance – according to numbers cited by Newsweek.

….

Reports that body was found are fake – police

By now I would hope they have neighbors video and toll camera shots if he used any at all. I just can’t believe we have zero sightings of him after the hitchhike event….

I know it’s best they keep things close to the vest, but man we could use an update of ANYTHING known to go by.

I wonder how far the dogs followed Brian’s scent? I’m having a really hard time believing his parents let him take off knowing how outraged people are he’s not talking.
They waited 3 days because they knew once the police got his phone information it could give up Gabby’s location and implicate Brian. As a parent I would have a seriously hard time asking for anyone to find my child, knowing he could have cause another to disappear. I imagine at this point the parents really can’t say anything about what they know without getting themselves in deep, however they still should! Just my thoughts this morning….

This! This post hit me this morning. If LE has BLs clothes, they had to at least have an indication he was there, right? If not, they wouldn’t retune today, am I wrong? Another thought-how long does that scent last and can it sustain through rain? My question is because IF he did return 9/1 and go hiking a few times, take multiple routes, knowing he’d need to flee at some point-would that work? Then he could set himself up to get a ride Tuesday to the CR and another from there to who knows where. On the other hand he could have also stashed other supplies there prior to Tuesday if needed. So many options I’m dizzy.

Good Morning Fellow WS’ers!

My questions of the day.

If Brian did encounter fellow campers and did offer them $200 to take him on a 10 mile ride away from Gabby and the van - why did he double back to the van and drive home?
Could it be he feared those campers stumbling upon the van with a dead Gabby inside?
Did he lead them away from the crime scene?
Did he return to either leave her there or bring her body far away on his ride back?
Could Gabby's body be anywhere between the area where he encountered the campers and North Port?
Could she be dumped anywhere along that 2300 mile long route?

Did Brian ever come home?

Why would a guy drive 2300 miles on a mad dash for self-preservation only to enter a gator haven to clear his head?
Why would parents reclaim the car and leave their supposedly distraught son without a way to return home or escape?
Did a relative meet the family in the preserve for an exchange - Brian into the relative's vehicle for travel out of state. Family car driven home.
Why is it that LE is following the directive of parents who up until this moment have denied relief to Gabby's parents in the form of any and all help, yet demand it for their own adult child?

Ready for another day...

ETA - video of potentially her Van posted to YouTube and picked up by MSM

Snipping the timeline and working on it - specifically the cars in the driveway during Sept12-17

AUG 24: The couple were seen checking out of a hotel in Salt Lake City, Utah
AUG 25: Petito’s family spoke to her for the last time over the phone and she said she was in Grand Teton National Park
Last phone call between Gabby & her mom, Nicole Schmidt. Last Instagram post from Monarch Wall in Ogden, Utah.
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

AUG 27
- Gabby's uncle posts there was a snapchat Gabby sent a friend -heading to Yellowstone (in Dailymail article)
AUG 27-a Van is seen in the side of the road and youtubers post it - MSM picks up the story - could be Gabbys
In the video the lady says it was recorded Aug 27, 2021 at between 6:00 to 6:30 PM
AUG 27 & 30
: text messages from Gabby’s phone sent to mom
After August 30th, Gabby’s parents weren’t able to get in contact with Gabby or her fiance. Her fiance’s mother also was not responding to any phone calls.
AUG 29- BL is picked up at 5:30pm while
hiking alone in Grand Teton (tiktok reported in MSM)
B alleged that Laundrie had confessed to camping at an unregulated site in the National Park "in the middle of nowhere along Snake River."

AUG 29 Elk hunters spot van

AUG 30: Text from Gabby to Mom - No service in Yosemite
August 31: A new list titled “Self-Consumption” appeared on the couple’s Spotify
SEP 1: BL returns home to FL alone, (retains an attorney we don’t know when) & is uncooperative with the investigation
SEP 10:: Gabby’s mother texted BL and his mother, RL, trying to get in touch with Gabby, but neither replied. The family alerted the National Park Service.

Sept 10- Gabbys Dad contacts LE?

SEP 11: Gabby’s family report her missing 7 PM
Sep 11: Van seized at the home of BL parents in NorthPort FL - FBI

Sept12-15- working on which cars were in the driveway- camper, mustang, red vehicle

Sep 14: BL family lawyer issues statement
Note: a vehicle left driveway at 6:04pm

Sept 15: NorthPort police names BL as Person of Interest

Sept 15: Gabby's family issues another statement

Sep 15- Northport police chief asks BL lawyer to assist in finding Gabby
Sep 17 - FBI takes over search in WY (GTNP =Grand Teton National Park)

Sept 17- BL family asks police to come to their home
Sept 17- LE at BL home - he is declared missing by his parents as of Tuesday
Parents admit driving the mustang back after finding it at the preserve
Sept18- searches for Gabby and BL
Sept 19- BL search planned
—-
WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 8/25/21 *MEDIA MAPS TIMELINE No discussion*

Elk hunters sighting
Search intensifies for Gabby Petito; police respond to Laundrie home in Florida
Reporter Brian Entin video he posted on Tuesday 9/14 at 6:04 pm and he said the parents had left an hour previously.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437930287170822152?s=21

Then video of them returning in a red truck.

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1437932624534769668?s=21

——-
  • this reporter says that Brian’s family called police this morning and says he was last seen at the reserve by them and they came here on Tuesday and saw his mustang and drove it home

Last edited:
Search continues for Gabby Petito, Brian Laundrie

To Note:
A spokesperson for the department appeared on CNN later Friday night and said the department does have more details but they cannot be released just yet.

"I think that will come out here, very shortly, we just want to get our, our ducks in a row a little bit," the spokesperson said. "This has been a very quickly developing situation here in just the last hour really for the most part. So we're working through that. We want to make sure that we are accurate in everything that we're saying."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Checkyourhead