Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so he went 'wallpapering' After she disappeared?
Did he also wallpaper himself with adhesive tattoos, I wonder?
Strange thing to do...

it looks like a book with something on top of it as well?? Anybody have any idea what is on top of the book? *edited because I missed the picture the OP included showing the book with what they think is sunglasses on top of if! My bad! I thought I clicked all the photos but I missed that one.

Attachments

• 786FC7AA-C3B5-4571-A15E-FABC76C7025F.jpeg
    786FC7AA-C3B5-4571-A15E-FABC76C7025F.jpeg
    249.1 KB · Views: 155
None of it explains not at least telling her parents he's not with her. Her parents were worried not only initially about Gabby, but about him. They were worried that they hadn't heard from either Gabby or Brian, and the Laundries weren't even returning a single message for over a week to let Gabby's family know that Brian was home and Gabby wasn't with him. Additionally, he took her only mode of transport and let's not forget Gabby had her own cellphone and could have, had she been left behind somewhere, call a friend or someone for at least a ride. No, even if the initial assault was a mistake, the entire Laundrie family has since treated Gabby like an inconvenient piece of garbage. Sorry to be so blunt, but I have absolutely no grace for the way the Laundries have behaved throughout this ordeal. And to then most likely (imo) help their son disappear and further suck the life out the focus of Gabby being the victim just shows how depraved and disgusting the Laundries are.
None of it explains not at least telling her parents he's not with her. Her parents were worried not only initially about Gabby, but about him. They were worried that they hadn't heard from either Gabby or Brian, and the Laundries weren't even returning a single message for over a week to let Gabby's family know that Brian was home and Gabby wasn't with him. Additionally, he took her only mode of transport and let's not forget Gabby had her own cellphone and could have, had she been left behind somewhere, call a friend or someone for at least a ride. No, even if the initial assault was a mistake, the entire Laundrie family has since treated Gabby like an inconvenient piece of garbage. Sorry to be so blunt, but I have absolutely no grace for the way the Laundries have behaved throughout this ordeal. And to then most likely (imo) help their son disappear and further suck the life out the focus of Gabby being the victim just shows how depraved and disgusting the Laundries are.
Theory: BL flies back to parents home and says relationship is over. Moves GP’s stuff into storage. Tells parents to keep it quiet. As parent of adult children, I do not report to their SO’s parents, friends, in such situations
For some reason, he flies back to Wyoming, and picks up van and drives it all the way back to FL. What caused that? What happened? Did GP contact him? What was said? Van was registered in her name. Then he told parents something that caused them to bring an attorney into the picture.

As people who had experience traveling already though, the van still seems like a weird decision. Like…a big upgrade would have been a large panel van. It’s just an odd choice.

We own a Transit (the full size one, not the Connect as they have). When we were shopping for it, there is a sizable difference in price between the two style vans. This style of Transit Connect is very popular with the budget van life crowd and are very affordable. As in 4k vs 20k.

it looks like a book with something on top of it as well?? Anybody have any idea what is on top of the book?
To me, it looks like a roll of garbage bags! I say that genuinely as well, I’m not trying to paint a more sinister scene. I store them like that in my cupboard so that’s how I’m used to seeing them.

interesting i thought she said he did not. however you are correct...

That was kind of weird," Baker said in the video, noting that Laundrie did mention his fiancé.""

thank you for pointing that out.
He may have just mentioned his fiancée to put them at ease- a couple traveling together could relate with being separated and wanting to get back to each other making him “safer” in their minds then some random guy they don’t know anything about.

I'll go even further, I'm no longer convinced that the North Port coppers really thought that Laundrie had the magic key to the missing person... or even a significant key. For, if they did, offering one of their 17 officers overtime to mark the house would have been a given. At least, that's how I see it. This search, IMO, is more about damage control and repairing a tarnished image.
No doubt.
Taylor stating the reason he got away was because they were using all their resources on looking for Gabby is BS IMO. Gabby is supposed to be 2,000 miles away where an entire team is actually looking for her. What exactly could an entire police force do in Fl to help find her? Nothing. One cop on a phone to give/receive information to and from Wyoming. It didn't take him long to come up with hundreds of cops and millions in equipment once he got away.

Anyone with a timeline know if new information was released Monday or Tuesday that would have caused Brian to panic and flee? I know this was about the time he was named a person of interest. Anyone else have any insight on this? Because supposedly he was home for the entire first part of September- why run now?
Actually we don’t know for sure he was ever there at the house. Nobody saw him including his own sister per her interview. So there’s that!

I’m pretty jaded & suspicious but I don’t get any sense of deception with Miranda/hitchhiking story. And I don’t find it weird they gave him a ride or that she’s posting videos getting the word out. I find her actions sincere & believable. I’m sure she easily empathizes with Gabby. Plus young outdoor people are generally a very caring “community” even with strangers. It’s consistent with my outdoor experiences over the years. We all tend to look out for others & offer aid when needed when you’re far from the burbs.
I believe her. Look at her texts to her mom. I'm not young but I hitchhike sometimes, and pick up hitch hikers now and again. Mostly young females because i'm a mom and I worry about that. But i live on an island with only 900 people. . thankfully , i've not met anyone shady yet.

I'll go even further, I'm no longer convinced that the North Port coppers really thought that Laundrie had the magic key to the missing person... or even a significant key. For, if they did, offering one of their 17 officers overtime to mark the house would have been a given. At least, that's how I see it. This search, IMO, is more about damage control and repairing a tarnished image.
I agree. Another post here said it provided LE an opening to request his phone and social media records, which will be valuable I'm sure. Let's hope so!

it looks like a book with something on top of it as well?? Anybody have any idea what is on top of the book? *edited because I missed the picture the OP included showing the book with what they think is sunglasses on top of if! My bad! I thought I clicked all the photos but I missed that one.
What if that's not a book but a folded up towel?

Seriously, no wonder they were fighting about the state of the van and her attempts to straighten it out. He wanted to get going for the day after sitting around while she worked on her website. She wanted to bring that mess into some semblance of order before they took off. I'd be really irritated if my partner sat around while I worked instead of organizing that mess.

I would be so pissed if it were me out there also, being the only one to keep the van clean. I mentioned a few threads ago I lived in the desert on the other side of the world for a year with a bunch of dudes in a tank. We were on the move a lot. We didn't have a lot of resources that people camping in the US had. We still kept it clean because when stuff gets messy, it's just a nightmare to deal with, it adds to stress & most of all, it's just rude to make a mess but not clean up after yourself.

Realize FBI has not commented on all sightings but assuming BL was picked up while hitchhiking a bit north and east of Jackson Dam (see map) but his destination was back to the van which (unconfirmed reports) was apparently at the Spread Creek dispersed camping area (see map), what was he doing so far north of the camping area when he was picked up? If he did anything to GP, then wouldn’t it have been between the camping area and the area he was picked up hitchhiking and he was just trying to get back to the van (which was empty) and then leave to go back to Florida? I would be most interested in searching between the two areas (camping area and where he was picked up, more north). I don’t know why it would make sense to do something to GB all the way down where the van was (camping area) and then head north in foot, the be asking for a ride to go back down south to the van at the camping area “return to Gabby”. I think something happened between the camping area and the area further north where he was picked up.

Miranda and BF picked him up hitchhiking at Coulter Bay. It is a center for services in Grand Teton National Park. Has a grocery store, showers, laundromat, a pizza place, and another food place, likely a store that sells some camping gear, also has a marina and several kinds of tour agencies.

It's the place you would go if you really needed a shower, get some pizza or other food, or to do some laundry, or maybe even dump some evidence of a crime into their garbage cans, or buy some supplies for an upcoming long cross country trip. It would explain why Miranda commented that he seemed clean and not smelly after reportedly camping by the Snake River for several nights. (Water very cold )

He could have hitchhiked there from Spread Creek Road on Highway 161. He could have crossed Highway 161 and kept going to the Snake River and walked along the river to there.

I just have the feeling that for whatever he needed in Coulter Bay, it wasn't worth driving the van up there and having it spotted on CCTV cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaliaDelilah