Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he killed her and disposed of her near the spread creek campsite and then, in a panic had to create an alibi by hiking north to near colter bay.........clean himself up and hitchhike back to the van, telling the people who picked him up MORE than they needed to know about "fiancé" being back at the campsite busily working on her vlog..... this way, if gabby had been discovered dead, it wasn't the loving boyfriend who hurt her because he was out hiking by himself toward colter bay and while he was gone, lo and behold, someone assaulted and killed Gabby. He could then say that when he got back, she wasn't there and he thought she had left him so he drove home to mama. The whole hike to colter bay was to cover up for his dastardly deed. He wasn't equipped for that hike, but he had to leave stuff at the campsite to make it look like someone was there.

Oh wow. Your theory makes sense too. I guess I thought the situation may have been more of a sudden “snap” by him while they were hiking further away from the campsite.

There seems to be quite a lack of information coming from the LE out West.
I've searched to see if there were any updates from the FBI or other agencies there, but so far nothing.

If they are doing grid searches and drone searches, they usually do not really announce anything while its ongoing. I am really hoping they find some evidence at the very least. This family needs a break.

I think he killed her and disposed of her near the spread creek campsite and then, in a panic had to create an alibi by hiking north to near colter bay.........clean himself up and hitchhike back to the van, telling the people who picked him up MORE than they needed to know about "fiancé" being back at the campsite busily working on her vlog..... this way, if gabby had been discovered dead, it wasn't the loving boyfriend who hurt her because he was out hiking by himself toward colter bay and while he was gone, lo and behold, someone assaulted and killed Gabby. He could then say that when he got back, she wasn't there and he thought she had left him so he drove home to mama. The whole hike to colter bay was to cover up for his dastardly deed. He wasn't equipped for that hike, but he had to leave stuff at the campsite to make it look like someone was there.

Oh wow. Your theory makes sense too. I guess I thought the situation may have been more of a sudden “snap” by him while they were hiking further away from the campsite.

'We are not entertaining the TikTok video as legitimate due to the fact the timeline seems way off. Maybe she thought it was him, but I just know the timeline is off. The van left there the night of the 27th or early on the 28th. The van was in Florida on the first. It’s not possible for it to have been there on the 29th.'
Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online

RSBM

Do we know what time the van arrived in Florida on the 1st? I Googled and according to Google Maps, it was a 35 hour drive. FL is two hours ahead of GT, so let's say 37 hours hands on the wheel. If he leaves the evening of the 29, he has that night, all of the 30, all of the 31, and all of the 1st to get there. I personally think it is definitely doable. A lot of driving yes, but for sure possible. I am confused on why she says it isn't possible.

It’s a very important piece of information as it pretty much starts the timeline,' Petito's stepmother, Nichole Schmidt, told MailOnline. 'This new video of the actual van being seen on the 27th appears legit. That was the last location the van might have been seen. It’s a huge piece of the puzzle.'

'It’s essential and there might be more videos out there that people haven’t even realized they have yet,' she added. “If people were recording videos or just taking pictures, they need to start looking through their stuff.'

Meanwhile, Gabby’s mother dismissed the TikTok video that’s been widely circulated in which a young woman describes picking up a man she believed to be Brian on the 29th.

'We are not entertaining the TikTok video as legitimate due to the fact the timeline seems way off. Maybe she thought it was him, but I just know the timeline is off. The van left there the night of the 27th or early on the 28th. The van was in Florida on the first. It’s not possible for it to have been there on the 29th.'
Mother Gabby Petito confirms sighting of Gabby's van in Grand Teton days after she was last seen | Daily Mail Online
Hmmm, I wonder if it's because they don't think he could have driven that distance in that period of time.

If that's the case, it REALLY tightens up the timeline.

With the manpower behind the hunt for Brian, I suspect that LE has some type of arrest warrant in hand. I feel like there was some evidence in the van. IMO
I was thinking this, too. And maybe they are just saying they will return him to his house if caught just so Brian thinks that is what will happen and might show himself when he gets tired of running.

RSBM

Do we know what time the van arrived in Florida on the 1st? I Googled and according to Google Maps, it was a 35 hour drive. FL is two hours ahead of GT, so let's say 37 hours hands on the wheel. If he leaves the evening of the 29, he has that night, all of the 30, all of the 31, and all of the 1st to get there. I personally think it is definitely doable. A lot of driving yes, but for sure possible. I am confused on why she says it isn't possible.
I agree. And if you're terrified and trying to cover up a crime, you would have a lot of adrenaline to get you through.

It’s a very important piece of information as it pretty much starts the timeline,' Petito's stepmother, Nichole Schmidt, told MailOnline. 'This new video of the actual van being seen on the 27th appears legit. That was the last location the van might have been seen. It’s a huge piece of the puzzle.'

'It’s essential and there might be more videos out there that people haven’t even realized they have yet,' she added. “If people were recording videos or just taking pictures, they need to start looking through their stuff.'

Meanwhile, Gabby’s mother dismissed the TikTok video that’s been widely circulated in which a young woman describes picking up a man she believed to be Brian on the 29th.

Interesting to see the family publicly dismissing the TikTok video. I’m with step-mom Nicole. I think the TikTok girl’s story was true (it was too specific to be anything but) except it was never Brian. I suspect she knew that it wasn’t though. Hence the “wife” text. JMO…

Investigators were trying to verify the story told by Laundrie’s family members that they believe the reserve is where he went with only a backpack, Taylor said. One mystery is how Laundrie got to the reserve. Family members told investigators he took his car, but the vehicle was found back at his family’s home, not at the reserve.
Agents search in Wyoming for woman, in Florida for boyfriend - East Idaho News

RSBM

I think it's doable, too. And, if I recall correctly, LE didn't dismiss the sighting.

If they are doing grid searches and drone searches, they usually do not really announce anything while its ongoing. I am really hoping they find some evidence at the very least. This family needs a break.
It's breaking the search engines, though. Now when I omit BL's name from searches, I still get Florida news, or news about the BL search.

There are a few campsite websites that report the campsite is closed, but MSM is being clogged with BL news.

I have- I’m getting a Sprinter next year. But the Ford e-vans are a lot cheaper and have stayed cheap AND have 4x4. It was just a weird decision to get a dinky Ford transit when an e-van is pretty much the same price and much larger.

Are you talking about an Econoline? They are quite a bit more expensive here for some reason than the Transit Connect. I'm in Utah. These little Transit Connects are actually a reasonably popular choice for the younger van life crowd with a more limited budget.

ETA: My husband and I looked at one and quickly decided it wasnt big enough for us.

Imo, From the bodycam footage or somewhere, I have gotten the impression that he was going to take the van amd leave her, she knew it, and was scared he would do it. Why have a I gotten that impression? Did anybody else see that on msm, or the bodycam footage, or is this something I pulled out of left field??
What kind of person leaves someone behind on a roadtrip?? Idc if I was being mistreated.
BBM I had the same impression. It has crossed my mind more than once that if he has left her before, she may have gotten a little feisty and given him a taste of his own medicine. ie: She left him stranded and when he came (hitchhiked?) back, all heck broke loose... Haven't had a chance to consider how that aligns with the timeline and it is pure speculation, obviously. MOO

Didn't the elk spotters see the van in the same spot on the 29th? Or did I mistake that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
permanentvacation