Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #14

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If NPPD can't/won't even run the plate of the Mustang, never mind investigate anything of Brian in respect of missing Gabby, I assume the same doesn't apply to the FBI?

Or right now because a crime hasn't been declared not even e.g. the Transit gas stops back to Florida haven't been checked/determined?

What, if anything, can LE do legally as it stands?

I just don't believe they didn't run the plate. They have databases with that information in it for traffic stops.

I get the feeling this PD feels a lot of pressure with all of the media attention and they want to be loud and clear that they are not making any missteps or doing anything except exactly by the book. I can't imagine they wouldn't search their internal databases privately for information that could help find a missing person. I mean LE has no problem stopping people for speeding or failing to signal as a pretext to run their information and/or search their cars (IMO!). Yet here they are loudly making sure everyone knows they would NEVER do anything even mildly suspect.

We may be getting frustrated by LE not sharing any details or updates and not wanting to confirm even the simplest things like ownership of the mustang but I’m reminded of the lengthy wait many of us went through when Kelsey Berreth was missing - many of us suspected her killer immediately and tried to find evidence online of his involvement and we were frustrated that we didn’t get a lot of information in the early days. Now we know how much work the CBI and local LE did in their investigation to bring him to trial and conviction. I think we aren’t going to get a whole lot from the FBI or Northport PD … until a body is found
JMO

Brian Entin's twitter has some good video ie this topic.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin
Agreed, I'd imagine there are parking lot cameras for security reasons. Also I wonder if they were able to pull business CCTV or Ring doorbell cameras along the way.
Least I forget a homeowner was interviewed that lives just outside the park. I can’t imagine they wouldn’t have some kind of security camera that works.

Kyla Galer
@kylagaler

35m
#NEW the family of #BrianLaundrie told North Port PD they picked up a Ford Mustang from the Carlton Reserve, the same car they say Brian drove to the park. NPPD spokesperson says there’s a possibility Brian hurt himself there. #GabbyPetito #FindGabby
https://twitter.com/kylagaler/status/1439674184859275270?s=20

What day would this have been? I went through all of @BrianEntin's footage from Sept 14 to 17 and the only day the car wasn't there was Sept 14.

Maybe he was desperate. Maybe he was not thinking straight, in some sort of mental health episode. He isn't Ted Bundy, he isn't ice cold and calculated.
How do we know he isn't though? Ted Bundy by all accounts was very charming. Not saying it's the case here but we can't say for sure until we know more about him.

But if somebody is reported missing - wouldn't the first thing for LE to do is to enter their residence? And yes, she was living there and her van was there even if she wasn't the home owner. I am not talking about an investigation, or interrogation - just simply a WELLNESS CHECK. Her car was there. As far as they knew - she could have been inside, captive or injured, why not at least get a warrant just to search the place? why wait a week?

This is exactly what has been nagging me quite some time. I get that they have rights and can refuse to speak.

However, combined with what looks like mess ups (MOO) by LE such as missing the fact he left the house and wasn’t under some sort of surveillance, is the family being given special treatment of some sort.

It’s such a weird offer though. I don’t know why he would offer that much cash. It draws attention to oneself. It makes one appear desperate. It would have been smarter to ask for a ride, give some sort of valid reason, and offer to pay for a tank of gas.
Honestly, I was thinking the same thing. 200 means you think its a very long ride or you are desperate that they give you a ride. perhaps he did leave her alive and well but suddenly got some disturbing text or lost contact.

If BL's family dialed up WFLA and told them they were offering a reward for information leading to the whereabouts of their adult child a world of media assistance would be at their disposal.
But no.

1. <modsnip> No reason to ask for tips. If he’s findable, he will be found, that’s for sure.
2. They may know he is suicidal and they may even suspect that he’s dead.
3. Just because they are remaining private doesn’t mean they aren’t grieving everything going on right now. We are so used to everything being posted on the internet that we get suspicious when people remain private. I don’t know how fair that is, necessarily, although obviously they did withhold info from the police—that’s not what I’m referring to, though.

Also, this would definitely make a person remember seeing you. The only thing I can think is that was the intent. He wanted someone to remember the man who would pay $200 for a ride that said his fiancée was back at the van working and he had been out hiking/camping for a few days.

IMO, if that is the case, then he sets up his alibi for camping and hiking away from the van and even has witnesses to prove he was somewhere else because of the memory of the man named Brian that paid them $200.

If he wanted some kind of evidence , he could have posted a selfie on his instagram. "Hiking alone" blah blah blah. Much more of an alibi I believe.

But if somebody is reported missing - wouldn't the first thing for LE to do is to enter their residence? And yes, she was living there and her van was there even if she wasn't the home owner. I am not talking about an investigation, or interrogation - just simply a WELLNESS CHECK. Her car was there. As far as they knew - she could have been inside, captive or injured, why not at least get a warrant just to search the place? why wait a week?
Not if they are met with a lawyers name and number at the door. We have that right in America - and I don’t want that right taken away unless they have cause which LE knows when/if they can enter a home
IMO

While this isn’t my Theory 1…..it’s always been in the back of my mind. I definitely think it’s possible and he’s arrogant enough to attempt it and I suppose if true….pulled that part off. I also don’t think the possibility of help didn’t come into play until he got back to FL(unless his parents met him out west- I figure LE has debunked that already behind the scenes). But that’s just my thoughts right now.
I still believe she was gone by the 29th and that whatever happened occurred between the 27th and 28th with him having a change of clothes in his backpack, ditching his clothes, hiking back along snake river to the van, and getting picked up after showering with a now "light" backpack.

In an older thread a user questioned that GP and BL were into hiking and just did some photos for their IG on the road. The hike to the Delicate Arch (as seen on their IG) is definitely a tougher hike. I have personally hiked that one.

Something seriously wrong is going on here, beyond the obvious.

I'm talking about how the law enforcement agencies have been handling this.

Either
(a) they are completely botching this investigation
or
(b) there is a major MAJOR fact that they know that we don't

They have refused to apparently get any search warrants besides the van itself, won't even call it a criminal investigation (despite having a POI), let the POI get out of their sight and now he's missing and hogging valuable resources and they have released basically no information. The information they have released, it's hard to tell the provenance and if it's accurate. The 9/1 BL arrival date, who gave them that? The 8/17-8/23 trip back home, who gave the that? It seems like that information can't really be relied upon if it came from the Laundrie family or BL/his attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734