Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been a victim of domestic abuse and I do not see what others see in this body cam footage. I saw two emotionally charged young adults who had been living with each other in a small space for too long. They both seemed scared and probably a little embarrassed. Someone a few threads back said (paraphrasing) not much could be gleaned from the footage. I tend to agree.
I saw a big difference in their behavior. He was talking and joking with officers, calling Gabby "crazy" and saying things like, "cross cross applesauce," before he sat down.

That doesn't seem consistent for someone who has just experienced a traumatic event.

Gabby appeared to be genuinely despondent and frightened. Her demeanor was consistent with a victim of DV, blaming herself as soon as they were pulled over.

He was nervous and evasive when officers asked him about grabbing Gabby by the face and pushing her.

I've said this before but I think he actually grabbed her by the throat or neck, and I doubt it was the first time.

I think they argued on the day she died, and he lost control and strangled her.

I'm so sorry for Gabby's parents and her five younger siblings. I hope they get to see that justice is served, but I have a feeling BL may not be found alive.

IMO

But that's the thing: I posted earlier about the sites at Spread Creek. Where he was parked does not appear to me to be a campsite at all. It is possible he did not kill her there. They need to know information on the 27th and 28th. I'd be interested to know if he was in West Yellowstone as one witness stated. Because if accurate, he was alone when there.

I suspect he wasn't north to "hide evidence." I believe he was panicked and running away - and then had second thoughts about doing it without the van.

He was in a dispersed/no services camping spot, meaning it's not going to look like a campsite.

It's really interesting that their tent wasn't up. That would usually be because they had just arrived or were about to leave - or were preoccupied.

Brian at NewsNation says he doesn't know why LE cleared the street.

Pure speculation but maybe they are going to help relocate the parents when they execute search warrants. The parents may be scared to go outside at this point (whether anyone cares is a different question).

Why is law enforcement suspending the search for BL upon learning of the discovery of poor Gabby's remains. I understand the idea of showing some respect for her family, but I think this should light a fire under their butts to try and find him as quick as possible?

Because they don't need him to tell them where she is anymore.

Listening to Brian Entin's livestream. He's taking questions.

I am inferring from his answer to one question that the van being in the Laundries' driveway is the only proof that Brian was ever in FL, and there's no other proof of his presence there aside from what his parents have claimed.

Hmmmm.
I thought there were reports of him walking down a street barefoot by neighbors ?

Only four words to say about Laundrie's parents, IMHO:
Accessories after the fact.

I don't understand why his parents would have taken the Mustang back home when he was the one driving it to "go on a hike"? Didn't they expect he might need it to come home again? Perhaps I missed the 'why" logic of it. Gabby Petito case: 'Possibility' Brian Laundrie hurt himself in Florida, cops say

Sorry, I see above, someone already said the police asked them to remove the car or retrieve it. HOW did anyone expect him to get back?? He's obviously upset, knowing Gabby is gone.

bringing these posts over from the Media No Discussion thread (sorry mods there is more cleanup)

many of the answers some seek may be found in the media thread
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/t...ia-maps-timeline-no-discussion.586401/page-16

the note on the mustang - what days the mustang was parked, etc.

Also wasn’t the van parked at the dam on the 29th (per earlier discussion)-so she wasn’t there at that time.
Is the dam close to where she was found?

I don't believe the van was parked at the Jackson Dam on the 29th. I never read that.

He was dropped off by Miranda & BF near the Jackson Dam on the 29th. There is a parking lot there and I recall Miranda saying he stated he would hitch another ride from there.

Since Gabby was pretty quickly identified, is it possible that if she is buried, she was put into a bag of some sort? I honestly don't know how much of a difference it would make in the elements with wildlife etc. Sorry for the morbid question; it's just something I wondered about before they even found her.

He said he was trying to get away from her to put distance between them and get space. From what I remember, they fought over a phone but I don’t think either of them said he was trying to keep her phone…or that it was even her phone they were fighting over.

Witnesses in Moab say they are fighting over a phone. Later, Gabby says (IIRC) to police that she was trying to get her phone back from him. Do you think Gabby was trying to take his phone away from him (the one he isn't even sure he has?). Whose phone could it be? She says she tries to get her phone back from him.

It's her phone.

"Keeping her phone"? Why. does that matter? Someone taking a phone away in an emergency isn't good, whether they intend to "keep" it or not.

They were also fighting over the van. Witnesses said she went through the driver's side window (where they were arguing) and crawled over him to the passenger side. She later tells LE that she's afraid he was going to leave her there, without van or phone.

This is the tent adjacent to the area where Gabby was found that people were asking about. It does not appear to be a typical crime scene tent and notice the figure 8 of crime scene tape adjacent to this tent. I was trying to figure out if this was Gabby's tent. You can see the associated video in its entirety here - Gabby was very close. And you can see the crime scene tent as well. Log In or Sign Up to View

How is it not a typical crime scene tent? It's the standard canopy I see used all over Southern California. And I've seen the same in Utah and in cases I've followed throughout the SW. Are you being thrown off by the distance between the camera and the tent?

Because it is a typical crime scene tent.

It's not Gabby's tent - at all. Go look at her insta.

I notice a lot of people are querying why the Laundries didn't report Brian missing until Friday. Could it be possible that they found a gun missing on Friday? I recall people saying something earlier about him taking a gun. Or was that just speculation?
Re a gun -- All I have seen here is speculation or questions, as in "Did he take a gun?" or "Does he have a gun?" That's all I've seen.

For people more familiar with the area Gabby was found, would it be reasonably possible for Brian to have killed her without anyone being aware? Maybe not necessarily the act but from some people's description the area seemed relatively crowded at the time. I remember seeing at least two other vehicles along the road during the vloggers' footage. Gabby has presumably been at that location since around the 27th. Could she have easily gone unnoticed? I honestly don't know the area well enough.
what is everyones best guess as to why LE has closed off the road in front of the Laundries home?
crowd control? Search warran about to be issued? arrest made?

I would think at this point there is probable cause and a warrant will be executed.

what is everyones best guess as to why LE has closed off the road in front of the Laundries home?
crowd control? Search warran about to be issued? arrest made?

Could be public safety, could be an arrest of the parents. But we don't know if they have enough to arrest the parents. Something tells me though that they aren't gonna let them slide on this. If they have or get enough, they will be charged too.

crowd control? Search warran about to be issued? arrest made?[/QUO

They finally realized that they had a responsibility to prevent something akin to lynching? That mob was out of control crazy.

Door was definitely open. It’s been a few hours since I’ve been here so maybe we all mutually decided the digging figure wasn’t real, but that means it definitely wasn’t BL digging because if it was then who is in the van?

I’m sorry. I can’t disagree more. I keep seeing posts blaming the police.
The police met these strangers for 1 hour. I know people like to find blame….but IMO it is not the police.

Family and friends knew gabby and Brian much more then these police officers. Why didn’t they stop anything from happening?

It is a sad outcome….that is probably the responsibility of one person.
My post wasn't about blame. If those officers had the proper training before that call, they may have handled a "mental health crisis" properly. They recognized the crisis, because that quote is from their report. No one can know if the outcome would be different today. Unfortunately not all LE are trained to handle this situation. The training is becoming more available and even required now in many jurisdictions. And in order to offer help, there needs to be mental help available.

It makes no sense that the Laundrie family would have cut off Gabby's parents at a time when both their children were on such an adventure. Especially as Gabby had been living at Laundrie house for quite a while. Even Brian's sister could only dip in a toe and say she and her kids loved Gabby and say no more.

What on earth was the week returning from the trip to unload their stuff from a container? You could this in one day or get someone else to do this for you?

We need Brian to turn up alive before more lives are ruined.
Personally, I have always wondered if the "moving items" was secondary to another cause. I have always wondered about a needed in person dr. appointment to pick up or obtain a prescription? Some require visits w/ Psych's every so often in order to refill. Likely off base, but I do know it is sometimes difficult to get a needed prescription out of the state you reside in or your dr. writes for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fales922