Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #16

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BL’s parents know exactly where he is, and I don’t believe he’s in the reserve. Why else would they not take part in the search for him? The three day delay of reporting BL missing gave him a head start to get to his hiding place.
BL is hiding and the missing person report his parents filed was a cover. They have been dishonest since the beginning of all of this and I don’t see them becoming honest people any time soon.

Hello I too have been a long time listener, dating back to the Mickey Shunick case from my home state Louisiana. Websleuths has always been a great discussion and investigative community. With that being said…a few things I had to add/ask:

1) If I missed this I apologize, this thread moves very fast, but besides the lawyer speaking on behalf of the family in regard to Gabby’s body being found, have we heard anything from this lawyer since BL has been missing? And what I mean by that is, anything other than him saying his client declines to answer any questions. I don’t know a lot about this specifically but would the lawyer be considered for questioning if he knows where his client is (or went) given the new evidence found? I know there is client/lawyer privilege and all that but I was just curious since he’s not been found. I guess the same would go for the parents who, from what I gather, have just stated that they don’t know where he is. I’m just curious about this lawyer. If he knows he fled, wouldn’t he eventually be considered for questioning?

2) I know this was discussed before but I just watched the vacation family’s GoPro footage in the raw, no enhancement, and i was able to see a figure in the background digging in the field right before the RV passes the van. To me, this is very apparent. I know the video has been enhanced in other outlets and it shows no one…but to me, enhancement could eliminate that figure just out of pure enhancement. IMO
Welcome, and a couple of us saw that. Not sure if on enhancement it ended up being a shadow.

I am a mom to a preteen boy. A preteen boy who has struggled with depression, anxiety, ADHD and is on the spectrum. Many days I spend worrying about his future. Many days I worry about whether all the therapies and interventions I have lined up for him will be enough to help him. I worry about him becoming an adult and having to navigate for himself and make his own medical decisions. I worry whether I will successfully set an example for how to behave in in future relationship. I worry.

This case has made me reflect upon what I would have done differently from BL’s parents. I have posted before that I believe he was not honest with them when he returned. That he likely spun a tale of her meeting up with her friend in Yellowstone for her birthday and her flying home with her and sending him home with the van. It would have been at least a week before they would have known something was amiss. He could have told them they broke up. They knew they were having problems.

As a mom you want to believe your child. Would I have ignored the calls from GP? Maybe. Would I have followed the advice of counsel and not spoken? Yes. Would I have protected my son? Yes. Would I have put my son before GP’s parents? Yes . Why? Because I birthed him. Because he’s my blood. Because at the end of the day he’s my kid and she’s not. Would I feel guilty? Yes. Would I have tried every single day to pry what happened out of him, yes.

If I had any information that I thought would help find a missing endangered child ALIVE would I break my silence and tell the police? Yes. If my son confessed that he had done something to GP and she was dead would I have turned him in? No. I would follow the advice of counsel but urge him to do the right thing.

BL only drove to the reserve three days after GP was declared missing. This may have been only three days after BL’s parents knew definitively that she was missing. That may have been three days of them interrogating their son for information. Three days. He was not even declared a person of interest at this point. He was free to go hiking. If he didn’t come back, I would probably go looking for him. I certainly do not want to call the police. If I found the mustang, I probably would have assumed he was hiking and may have drove it back forcing him to call me to get a ride home because he is going to wonder where the damn car was. Am I going to start to panic when he doesn’t come home? Yes. Am I going to start to fear the worst? Yes. Eventually I have to call the police and report him missing. And I do. Finally.

While BL deserves to be eaten by alligators for what he has likely done, and I cannot come up with any alternate scenario that does not get him at least manslaughter should he be found alive, I can have compassion for his parents…as a mom.
It would never be ok to not tell a family what you know. What has been done to her parents is shameful. Just because you have a child with issues, does not make it ok to torture someone else.

I am a mom to a preteen boy. A preteen boy who has struggled with depression, anxiety, ADHD and is on the spectrum. Many days I spend worrying about his future. Many days I worry about whether all the therapies and interventions I have lined up for him will be enough to help him. I worry about him becoming an adult and having to navigate for himself and make his own medical decisions. I worry whether I will successfully set an example for how to behave in in future relationship. I worry.

This case has made me reflect upon what I would have done differently from BL’s parents. I have posted before that I believe he was not honest with them when he returned. That he likely spun a tale of her meeting up with her friend in Yellowstone for her birthday and her flying home with her and sending him home with the van. It would have been at least a week before they would have known something was amiss. He could have told them they broke up. They knew they were having problems.

As a mom you want to believe your child. Would I have ignored the calls from GP? Maybe. Would I have followed the advice of counsel and not spoken? Yes. Would I have protected my son? Yes. Would I have put my son before GP’s parents? Yes . Why? Because I birthed him. Because he’s my blood. Because at the end of the day he’s my kid and she’s not. Would I feel guilty? Yes. Would I have tried every single day to pry what happened out of him, yes.

If I had any information that I thought would help find a missing endangered child ALIVE would I break my silence and tell the police? Yes. If my son confessed that he had done something to GP and she was dead would I have turned him in? No. I would follow the advice of counsel but urge him to do the right thing.

BL only drove to the reserve three days after GP was declared missing. This may have been only three days after BL’s parents knew definitively that she was missing. That may have been three days of them interrogating their son for information. Three days. He was not even declared a person of interest at this point. He was free to go hiking. If he didn’t come back, I would probably go looking for him. I certainly do not want to call the police. If I found the mustang, I probably would have assumed he was hiking and may have drove it back forcing him to call me to get a ride home because he is going to wonder where the damn car was. Am I going to start to panic when he doesn’t come home? Yes. Am I going to start to fear the worst? Yes. Eventually I have to call the police and report him missing. And I do. Finally.

While BL deserves to be eaten by alligators for what he has likely done, and I cannot come up with any alternate scenario that does not get him at least manslaughter should he be found alive, I can have compassion for his parents…as a mom.

I think protecting a child, any child, from dealing with the consequences of their actions is bad parenting, and does not reflect, in any way, the amount of love that a parent has. Even worse, protecting a child AT THE EXPENSE of others suffering is teaching a child to be a sociopath. Jmo.

Gabby Petito case: Search continues in thousands of rural acres for Brian Laundrie

“At this point, we’re going by the family’s word of where they think he is,” he said. They said he was familiar with the parks and often went there. Taylor also said Brian’s scent was at the park, although the car he may have driven there, or ridden in, was not there.

the scent - this was found in the media thread by using the search button and the word “scent”

I thought what was interesting was in the (approved) RV raw video, when the RV turned around, a Jeep drove up the road and past the RV. The people in that Jeep would have driven right by the white van too. If during that brief period of time BOTH an RV and a Jeep drove by, how many other people spotted it over the 4ish day period the FBI is asking about?

I hope so many people drove by and said what a dumb spot for that van and took a picture!!
In the live video done tonight, the people who got the footage of the van stated that the Jeep was theirs. It sounded like they travel with two vehicles.

Unsolicited opinion from a long time poster who has a very short temper:

If you see a post that you really, really disagree with - that gets you actually mad - DON'T respond to it. Think about YOUR position and make a new post that outlines your own thoughts. Don't tag your nemesis, just make a new post. This avoids an argument, bickering, or making your post personal and also gives you the chance to put forth your own theories and views.

I try do this as much as I can. I get baited or fail more than I'd like but most of the time I just try to ignore or not participate in responding directly to someone I really disagree with. Use that ignore list to make your time here more fun.

If you are a very temperate and calm person you probably don't need this advice. But if you are a little fiery this can help. I end up deleting more than I post some days!

The only problem with this is, as an intelligent person in my own right I absolutely know when a person's response is meant to function as a (rude gesture) to my recently voiced point of view; and it's more annoying to me than not, because then I have to sit there saying (and believe me, I do), "Does this person think they're being coy? Is this accidental or intentional passive-aggressive calling me out, de facto saying "sorry, you're an idiot" without having the guts to say it to my face directly? Because that's really annoying and not cool if so, dude/ette."

JMO, of course.

It would be where the crime occurred. So if they determine it happened in Bridger-Teton or Grand Teton, it would be the United States Attorney for the District of Wyoming. The Feds have jurisdiction over crimes that happen in the National Parks located within Wyoming.
The Feds might also have jurisdiction of a crime in the National Forest? That's also Federal land.

It would never be ok to not tell a family what you know. What has been done to her parents is shameful. Just because you have a child with issues, does not make it ok to torture someone else.

maybe they know nothing ... maybe a lawyer advised them not to communicate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fake_facer_addict