Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some bad memory speculation here: the motel room was thought to be the less desirable alternative - like staying there wouldn't be very pleasant. And since she was the one having high anxiety, it may have been better for her to stay in the van.

i'd much rather stay in a hotel room with a bathroom, than a small van without one ;)

Hopethis is ok: Link to the Spotify playlist that used to be called "selfconsumption", now no title - playlist by Nomadic Statik | Spotify
That sure is interesting. I saw the profile photo on Spotify had changed as had the number of people he follows on Instagram. The latter could happen by others blocking him as well, so who knows. If he's active he is not going to be running for long!

What is it that suggests to you that she stayed in the hotel? Is there some documentation, witness statement, some kind of evidence?

There's nothing in the post to which you responded saying that she stayed in a hotel.

Haha.. Domino’s pizza guy has a delivery for their house.. cops stopped him and are trying to find out if they ordered pizza but no one is answering the door. Are they home????

You need to establish whether that account was entered late last night or early this morning and figure out the circumstances..

me and another user brought it up earlier on the last thread and they said they had thier computer open in the eve with the title there and it was gone the next time they checked which was a 14 hour difference. I saw it this morning at 11:00 GMT and it was gone by 19:00 GMT when I walked home from work so it’s in that window…

By putting him in a hotel and giving her the van, she would have been able to drive anywhere she wanted and take off to escape if she desired. Giving him the van, would just be putting him in control again.

JMO
They debated for a while on the MOAB stop about this..who was the agressor, citations, scratches etc. I think it all came down to what he had physically shown them and her saying she was the agressor. So in DV situations, there has to be one bad guy. The good guy gets protection. I also believe there was a 24 hour no contact order (text/phone/physical). They saw him as the victim and sadly it was a bad call. It still strikes me as odd that the 911 call they received was not mentioned or discussed. Did LE know or not know about the call before the traffic stop. I can't figure that one out.

You make a good point. Has anyone (other than his family) physically seen him in FL? It seems the last physical sighting of him was when the couple near the Tetons gave him a ride.

Do we know who drove the van back from Wyoming? Do we know if anyone can verify he returned to FL?

JMO

There appears to be a fundamental assumption running through all the reports that BL was at the family home between 1 & 14 September and left on 14 September “to go on a hike”. But there is no independently verified evidence reported to date that establishes he was actually there (eg a LEO who attended the family home confirming he or she saw BL). The lawyer appointed appears to be acting for the “family” as opposed to BL as an individual, so we dont know of that lawyer has ever seen/spoken to BL since he was retained.

I would be drilling down on this issue to verify important question(s) of when (and more fundamentally, if) BL returned to the Laundrie home in GP’s van and, assuming that can be verified, when he left.

Because obviously if the only evidence of BL’s return & departure (other than the toll recording) is the family’s say-so, that’s simply not reliable.

I never saw Christopher’s actual statement. What I heard was beard cop SAYING that was what Christopher said. And interestingly, the same cop is the one who seemed to have a dog in the fight with “crazy woman” problems. I want to hear from Christopher and from whoever made the released 911 call if they are two different people.

I am right there with you. Many people are making definitive statements of what happened just from viewing one body cam, hearing a portion of a 911 call and reading the officer reports. Did we even get an officer report from the female LE who was on the scene? I'd also like to see the Christopher statement. And is there any store video footage of teh encounter?

Was the time for this text or the snapchat given.

JMO the van really really bothers me the way it was parked... being OCD the position is not right.. Its pulled thru too far forward and the slide door of the van would be turned around to open to the creek so I could see the water...(this has caused friction with my hubby having to do several adjustments to get it just right for me....) then I pulling chairs rugs etc...making it homey. See how cold and closed up and so close to the road with only ONE pair of sandals.... feels off....

According to the campground map and the video, the van's location is between sites #5 (to the west) and #6/7 (to the east, at the road fork), and doesn't appear to be a designated/numbered campsite, just a spot one can pull or back into. So it's not a place to get too set up or homey, as a ranger coming by would tell them to move on.

Also, I don't think they used the rear side doors, just the back doors, due to how they set up their stuff in the back.

ETA: Coming up on the van in the video, it does look like a spot you could drive into, to the left of the trees along the road, but my impression is that the ground/slope/vegetation there wouldn't really permit that of a vehicle, and that it's most likely a back-in situation. I can't be certain, though.

ETA: missing word ("and")

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members