Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things that stood out to me on the police report (
https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438202349395267584/photo/1
https://twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1)

He was going to leave her alone, in an unfamiliar place thousands of miles from home with no family or friends, taking with him a vehicle that legally belonged to her... In those circumstances, what 22-year-old young woman wouldn't be freaking out out?

DID ANYONE ASK IF *SHE* FELT SAFE?

This sounds like gaslighting, IMO. It's her fault because she has mental health issues and she's acting irrational when NO ONE is addressing the fact that her fiancé just nearly STOLE her vehicle and left her all by herself in the middle of nowhere.

I totally agree. I had an abusive boyfriend who was like that. Every fight was my fault due to me being a hysterical female who needed help, blah blah blah... total gaslighting. (My personal experience that I've heard other women talk about too). This is a DV tactic. It's a remedy to get off the hook themselves, blame the woman, portray her as hysterical, manic, whatever. It's also potentially notable to read the police report that way also, as written by two male police officers who saw the woman acting irrationally, and the man trying to "calm" her, while telling the police she has "X" disorder, far worse than him. Mr. POI sounds like an abusive boyfriend to me. I've been there, seen it up close. IMO of course.

Do you have a link from MSM that states this? If so, can you provide it? Thanks.

Brian left Gabby in the Fairfield Inn in Salt Lake City and flew back home to Florida from August 17 to the 23 to help his father empty out a storage unit where he and Gabby had their things.

According to Schmidt, Brian's father offered to let them keep their belongings at his house so they wouldn't have to pay for the storage unit.

Last text message missing 'van-life woman' Gabby Petitio sent to her mother is revealed | Daily Mail Online

Personally, I don't think LE will find any evidence that he flew home and then back. If they do, I'll be very surprised. I think he drove home before anyone but his parents knew and the moving of her thing occurred at that time. JMO
that is a very interesting thought - would put him miles away from her - someone gave that information to the family though - who? They aren't talking - I think the 8/25 or whatever date it ends up being "proof of life" phone call will be very important here.
JMO

It was GP’s word against BL’s people have reported him as controlling and narcissistic she could have said it was her fault in order for him not to go off on her by making him mad later if she said it was really him.

Chris the witness who called to report said it looked like BL was the aggressor
I haven't seen anything that shows him being controlling and narcissistic, I think people are just using their own personal opinions based on the situation. From all other accounts, people are surprised at what's happened. There haven't been too many people who spoke out, but the ones who have didn't say anything bad or negative about Brian.

I also recall the statement saying Christopher doesn't know what he saw but "feared the worst." Does anyone have his full statement? It wasn't included in the original 4 pages.

Has anyone been able to view the body camera evidence yet? Just curious.
No, it hasn't been released to the public yet. News sources are working to get it, however, with the sheriff denying the request for release of the 911 call, who knows if they will approve the request for the body cam footage.

Maybe they didn't make up the day after the fight and it got worse. He decided to fly home and then they made up and he went back out there. Then another fight happened. Still wondering if there was a round trip ticket purchased or a one way both ways.

Well, there's no airport in Moab that has direct flights to FL (or, actually, to anywhere except Denver...one would have to take a shuttle to Grand Junction - or just go to Salt Lake City).

Since they appear to have gone to Ogden together and then on to Salt Lake City, unless we hear otherwise, it makes no sense for him to take a shuttle to SLC (where he flies back to) from Moab.

At any rate, one or both of them had a long drive to get to SLC for either of them to be in a hotel there (she's getting food sent to her room from her father during the power outage on the 20-21st) or get a plane there. Really unlikely she drove by herself and he waited for a bus.

Moab is in the middle of nowhere, with 5000 residents...

How to Get to Moab Utah

There's only one grocery store in downtown (the Co-op, near where Gabby and BL were arguing) and then there's another similar sized (less nice) store on the highway, a few blocks away. Everyone who lives there pretty much knows everyone else. Predominately younger people out and about, day and night.

The person you're responding to is, I think, continuing to try to link GB's disappearance to the murder of two women (last seen at 8:30 pm in a bar in downtown Moab, before departing in a silver SUV to drive to their established campsite, some 15-16 miles away).

No one has placed either Gabby or BL at the bar. Instead, we have Gabby in the van and LE giving a hotel room (via Safe Haven) to BL - no mention of BL going to a bar (that's entirely speculation of people on this thread).

AFAIK. If someone has MSM or GM/BL SM to show BL at that same bar...I would appreciate it being mentioned again.

Weren't they arguing outside of where one of the victims worked? It should be in the police report.

But I doubt that he’d take an Uber to go murder a couple of strangers. Has that ever been done?

Ha. He'd have to call one down from SLC, IMO. And no, can't think of any murderers of two people (strangers) where they used an uber to go out into the desert 15 miles, to a place without an address...

Ofcourse "he can",but if your hiring a lawyer for the best advice,you tend to follow the advice thats given to you as they are more knowledgable then you and you trust them.
As far as her meeting someone else ,that's just my own assumption from reading all the facts around the case.
I am not a lawyer but I don't believe a lawyer would prevent all communication and drag this out if there was an easier way out of the situation. If BL knows she simply left with someone else and then that seems like a much easier conversation to have and a much more efficient way remove the focus from BL.

Personally, I don't think LE will find any evidence that he flew home and then back. If they do, I'll be very surprised. I think he drove home before anyone but his parents knew and the moving of her thing occurred at that time. JMO
This is an interesting thought. Are you thinking that BL just told GP that's where he was going while she waited at the hotel in SLC (and GP then passed that story on to her mom?)?

Where else would he have been?

I'm very pleased LE are asserting some pressure on BL. his silence and his parents support in this is a disgrace. Gabby's mum said how much his mum cared about Gabby. How is their position decent or defensible?

I wonder whether the rather restrained statements from Gabby's family during this have been because they were aware of the police incident - understanding that there were anxiety and mental health issues involved - as far as they knew the relationship was complex and not black and white (and not instagram pretty).

Given BL's silence I wonder what Gabby's mum and dad knew about his return to Florida, the storage moves etc (surely a cover and breather for their domestic tensions). And what do his parents know? What has he told them?

I'm not familiar with US law - but I have some severe worries about him being lawyered up. If he takes the 5th and refuses to cooperate at all will LE be able to make any progress at all? Can LE get his phone records and tracking without having any direct evidence of a crime - apart from him clearly being a POI? Will they be able to get the phone tracking evidence without evidence of probable cause? Will they be able to question his parents? Help me out US lawyers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest