Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m finally caught up.
I think something happened the 25 between Ogden and GTNP. I think they need to focus the search in between those areas.
I know there is doubt about the sunflower pic in Ogden but there was one day when it rained and the sky was all blue and clear. I’ll see if I can pinpoint the actual date.

This is a pic I took on the 25th at about 5pm. The peak in the background is Mt. Ogden.

Attachments

• aug25.jpg
    aug25.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 93
Maybe they didn't make up the day after the fight and it got worse. He decided to fly home and then they made up and he went back out there. Then another fight happened. Still wondering if there was a round trip ticket purchased or a one way both ways.
Wondering if Gabby knew he went to FL? Why would she be okay with him going home to move HER things? Why would she trust him to do that if they were fighting?
If you care for someone (even after you break-up), why would you leave them ALONE, in a strange place knowing she has mental health issues?

Maybe she begged him to.come back!

Iv.lived thru this exact same thing the last 3 years.of.my sons life!!
He andnhis.wife.lived.this same existance!
Toxic relationship!
She was arrested.for DV!!
Later.my son wanted out of the.relationship. everytime.she threatened would.harm.herself if he left he went back!
Then she got arrested.again for.fighting and tried to kill herself!
We had her baker acted.and got.my son out of there!
What happened to this beautiful.couple!
It was a nightmare! To.look.at them they were.beautiful!
I think spending.24 hours.a day together all year lomg.is.very unhealthy. Nothing g to even talk.about!
No one to.miss!
Sad!
I'm on the fence here!
Only because what.i.reading here i.lived already!
Sad!
Again. Gabby is the victim.

All his attorney needed to say is that his client has told LE everything he knows about Gabby's last whereabouts/plans. The way he phrases it continues to make BL appear like the world's worst rat. What gives?

E_WgdKRVgAAlTlr

1:04 PM · Sep 15, 2021

He can't say that because his client has not spoken with LE nor has he shared "everything he knows" with anyone in her family. He won't even come to the door. Unfortunately he's hiding from her desperate family and there's a reason.

I'm sorry to repeat this but I'd really like to understand how far US LE can go without BL's cooperation. Can anyone with legal experience advise?

I'm not familiar with US law - but I have some severe worries about him being lawyered up. If he takes the 5th and refuses to cooperate at all will LE be able to make any progress at all? Can LE get his phone records and tracking without having any direct evidence of a crime - apart from him clearly being a POI? Will they be able to get the phone tracking evidence without evidence of probable cause? Will they be able to question his parents? Help me out US lawyers!
You can be summoned to testify in court and plead that on advice of counsel you are exercising your right to remain silent. You can't be forced to talk. I don't know how easy that will be, this is three people who may know something about where Gabby was last located.

I think they'll be able to show the need for a warrant for phone records.

Here is what is usually read:

• You have the right to remain silent.
  • Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law.
  • You have the right to an attorney.
  • If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you.
And he is exercising every single one of those rights for sure... I'm not saying I am happy he isn't talking by any means, but it's definitely smart if he thinks there is any remote possibility of him being tried for wrongdoing towards GP. MOO.

https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1

See the first paragraph, by Officer Eric Pratt, near the bottom. He says that although neither Gabby or her boyfriend wish to be separated, (for the night, I assume,) that’s what Officer Robbins requires, “in lieu of making a case against Gabbie for domestic assault.” He then continues with an explanation of why he doesn’t think that that is necessary.
They were first called because Brian was hitting Gabby, as per the beginning of the report.

It doesn’t make sense to me either. I wonder (total speculation) if he told his parents about the police incident and they told him to get himself home right away to get some distance. That would make more sense as to why he was gone for a week. Time to cool off and then decide to go back and get GP.

The excuse of moving things in and/or out of storage doesn’t make sense economically. It also doesn’t take that long to move things from one place to the other.

The bottom line to me is - moving items stored 2500 miles away doesn’t constitute an emergency but almost getting arrested in a DV incident just might in the eyes of concerned parents.

IMO
this just doesn't sound logical... leaving Salt Lake City to move storage items...like the next day on the 13th.... getting to airport getting tickets etc... when you can just hire two men and a truck.... but make more sense it did happen when he returned with the van ... cause it seems to me his parents knew at this point.... she was not coming back home to her things

I can't help but compare BL's actions to Esther Dingley's partner's actions. They were a British couple living a similar lifestyle, but not as young. Esther was solo hiking in the Pyrenees and went missing. He searched extensively, opened himself to all kinds of scrutiny, although he was miles away at the time, and was open and honest with LE from several countries. He was the one, in fact, who found her body. She had fallen during her hike.

Spain - Esther Dingley, from UK, missing in the Pyrenees, November 2020

I'm sorry to repeat this but I'd really like to understand how far US LE can go without BL's cooperation. Can anyone with legal experience advise?

I'm not familiar with US law - but I have some severe worries about him being lawyered up. If he takes the 5th and refuses to cooperate at all will LE be able to make any progress at all? Can LE get his phone records and tracking without having any direct evidence of a crime - apart from him clearly being a POI? Will they be able to get the phone tracking evidence without evidence of probable cause? Will they be able to question his parents? Help me out US lawyers!

LE will still move forward with their investigation, albeit slower that they'd prefer. They'll still collect evidence from the van, phone records, bank records, security footage, etc. IF there is enough probable cause evidence, then they can still charge him without a body, or his cooperation. The charges would likely be lesser charges in order to secure a conviction, but I'd seriously wager that the DA would want TONS of circumstantial evidence before formally charging.

On a separate note, I'd be willing to bet that his lack of cooperation could be detrimental BL. IF she was alive when he left, if he knowingly left her in a dangerous mental state that ultimately led to her hypothetical death, it's not a far stretch to convince a Jury that his actions after leaving played a part, and he could face civil and federal charges as a result.

Things that stood out to me on the police report (
https://mobile.twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438202349395267584/photo/1
https://twitter.com/kkuizon/status/1438207512684212229/photo/1)

He was going to leave her alone, in an unfamiliar place thousands of miles from home with no family or friends, taking with him a vehicle that legally belonged to her... In those circumstances, what 22-year-old young woman wouldn't be freaking out out?

DID ANYONE ASK IF *SHE* FELT SAFE?

This sounds like gaslighting, IMO. It's her fault because she has mental health issues and she's acting irrational when NO ONE is addressing the fact that her fiancé just nearly STOLE her vehicle and left her all by herself in the middle of nowhere.
Reading these reports bothered me a lot. The boyfriend is totally controlling the dialogue here and has painted Gabby as having a mental problem. LE just took him at his word and with the exception of making them stay in separate places, did nothing to find out just WHY were they fighting over the phone in the first place. Since she was so distraught LE decided to speak with the male and then just mark it up to exactly what he had to say. I've been in a situation like this and was treated the very same way and it resulted in my children being kidnapped by their father, because he could control the narrative. This really bothers me. JMO

I'm very pleased LE are asserting some pressure on BL. his silence and his parents support in this is a disgrace. Gabby's mum said how much his mum cared about Gabby. How is their position decent or defensible?

I wonder whether the rather restrained statements from Gabby's family during this have been because they were aware of the police incident - understanding that there were anxiety and mental health issues involved - as far as they knew the relationship was complex and not black and white (and not instagram pretty).

Given BL's silence I wonder what Gabby's mum and dad knew about his return to Florida, the storage moves etc (surely a cover and breather for their domestic tensions). And what do his parents know? What has he told them?

would be nice if the phone plan was Gabby's

What position would someone be in if you were told after the fact of a crime, like death, and you didn't tell authorities?

Also I am assuming that until a crime has been discovered anyone that may know something doesn't have to speak. How does this work?

If the state has enough evidence that he has harmed or killed Gabby, they can arrest him. He may never talk. He doesn't have to. There was only circumstantial evidence in many murder cases. Scott Peterson is one example.

Does anyone think it's possible that she could literally be ANYWHERE in the US? Could they have headed back to Florida together upon leaving the hotel on the 24th? Could a fight have happened somewhere along the way? What a nightmare this must be for her parents.

Another good example of young men never talking to authorities is the Lauren Spierer case. She has never been found. Lauren Spierer went missing 10 years ago today | WBIW

Maybe he actually has no idea where she is- she took off in the middle of the night and after a day or so he drove home.
This is certainly a possible circumstance, and one where a lawyer would probably tell him not to speak to police given the uncertainty of what came of her after leaving. Lawyer is gonna tell you to clam up if you did it, and if you have no idea what's going on. I suspect if he didn't "do it," and he knew where she was (or at least knew where she headed off to), his lawyer *might* share that. But I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
grandma great