Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #20

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The whole calling grandpa Stan thing… Are we thinking he was texting pretending to be her? Why would HE say Stan if that was the case?

GP's mom lives in New York but GP/BL have spent the past two years at least in Florida. It's unclear when they started dating (even though they went to high school together) but if the grandpa also lives in New York, it's possible BL doesn't actually have much experience with him to know their relationship?

True, but if she was strangled there may be neck bones broken or signs of trauma to her head/face.
I did not stay strangled I said suffocated - there is a big difference. You did not read.

plenty of people have been killed by suffocation and the killer has never been caught. Believe it. but not in this case (Brown bears don't carry around human pillow cases or plastic bags to suffocate people with - though the lawyers in the Markel case for example would try that one on- they are so desperate :-)) )

KG.

Indeed it will interesting, but I wonder how narrowed-down the TOD will be. Her little body was been out there for several days, IMO. Low heat and low humidity would help preserve it. I do think TOD is going to be important, so I feel sure the M.E. will try to narrow it down as much as possible.
I'm hopeful they will release at least some details from the autopsy -- and soon -- but we'll have to wait and see on that one, too.

I'm not expecting too many answers from the autopsy, TBH. She's been outdoors for weeks. Besides decomposition, there are animals. This is a national park full of critters that eat other critters. I think BL or whoever killed her was counting on that. Not to be blunt, but I don't think she was intact when she was found. I don't know how they could get time of death from a body that's been out in the elements for weeks. They might not even be able to determine whether it was a homicide or something else. I guess we wait and see.

if there's one thing an attorney loves more than money.... its free face time. he only called it off cause the FBI made it clear they had some info that probably would have made his clients "we are so sorry and know nothing" pleas look realt bad. Basicallt the BS that was gonna be sold at the press conference was shut down by the FBI and whatever they decided to share with him....
Quite a lot, I'd imagine, including the fact that they withheld support in a missing person case and the missing person showed up dead subsequently.
For all we know, she didn't die immediately either.. Time possibly was of the essence... he was complicit.. etc IMO

So a complete stranger picks up her phone and texts her mom about Stan, her grandfather?

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your point.

Is it possible "Stan" was an autocorrect? The message barely even makes sense without more context. Unless BL was out of his mind (maybe he was), I can't imagine texting about "Stan" as a way to cover my tracks.

There are almost always markers in an abuser's past. BL is 37 years old and I haven't seen one report from his past (ex girlfriend, or a friend of an ex for example) saying he was abusive. Like, not even someone trying to get their 5 minutes. If he was in his early 20's, maybe, but a legitimate domestic abuser doesn't make it to age 37 with no past.
Errmmm........... he is in his early twenties. In fact, he is 23 years old. Where did you get 37 from? I would be surprised if he even had a girlfriend before Gabby.

I have known quite a few, but all started young. In my daughters graduating class there was a largish social group of about 12 of them. Not all boys, but of those 12, 2 have suicided, one is schizophrenic and will not stay on his meds, and 3 went on to harder drugs and are in and out of jail. We lived in a very affluent area and these kids went to good schools.

Maybe the problem is with the parents/family life, not pot. The best schools have the best heroin.

Couldn't agree more. Too many posts contain misinformation which one could easily verify if they did their due diligence (for example, listening to the police bodycam video)
The whole thing about the whether Brian has a "phone" or not. He clearly has a phone. However, one can have a phone but not use the "cellular" service and only operate it to store information, contacts or use it for messaging or making calls when connected to WiFi. Basically, operating like a now extinct product - the IPod Touch. Probably desiring to save money or not wanting to be a "slave" to the internet and social media.

I actually stayed at Colter Bay last time I was out there. If you're ok with accomodations that fall between camping & staying at a hotel, I highly recommend the tent camp there (definitely make a reservation). The tents are canvas & large and have beds, a wood stove & a few ledges for stowing stuff inside, plus a BBQ & picnic table outside on your own mini patio. :)

Thank you that sounds so wonderful but we have an RV and it’s my home on wheels when on the road.

If he was pretending to be her, I'm sure he didn't mean to type Stan.

He may not have meant to, but he almost certainly did. He wasn't thinking clearly at that point.

Whoever sent that text knew Gabby well enough to send a text supposedly about her grandfather to her mother. A stranger wouldn't have known who was related to whom.

It really is. I’ve traveled extensively across America and I’m ready to head back that way in the Spring. If I’m in Spread Creek I’ll make sure to leave a cross for Gabby.

I hope that is what most people will go there for, but I fear its going to end up to be a "must do" Instagram spot like the Chris McCandless bus picture, but much more assessible. (before anyone says it, I know the bus has been moved and there is now a replica somewhere right on the highway where you can get a similar picture taken)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buzzerd