Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't
I'm not asking for him to be arrested. I fully understand and support his rights.

That said, the local PD would not take a missing person report for one of their citizens. She lived there! And so does her father.

They could have surveilled him. That would not have been an infringement on his rights.

They could have taken him in, even if they had to turn around and release him if he lawyered up.

They didn't even have proof he was in the home AT ALL! At the very least, they should have insisted on that.
Didn't He secure a lawyer almost immediately? I. Pretty sure if they had taken him in it wouldn't have done any good at that point.. no body, no evidence, etc

Maybe they have. There is a reason they had their lawyer contact the police to say that Brian was missing. They could have just said nothing about that at all.

Perhaps. Let's say, he actually felt guilt over what happened. He knew what he was facing, couldn't live with himself, and decided to return home one more time to see his parents. Maybe they tried to talk him out of it, but failed to do so and decide to have a couple of normal days to just live their son as they knew him, and he heads out.

When he doesn't return, they know he's went through with his plan and report him missing. Why wouldn't they help look for him? I can't imagine just leaving him to the elements. And similarly, I can't imagine not knowing where he was and not pleading for him to come in through all means. I don't think I could be resigned to just leave it as it is.

Something obviously changed. Someone pointed out that it may be due to the FBI taking over…

It could just be that the Feds don’t trust that local LE did a thorough job of it in the Preserve. Local police departments are regularly insulted by the FBI in this way. However, since the feds generally have more and better tools, I can see them doing this, just to make sure that he is absolutely not in there.

SEP 21, 2021
Gabby Petito's boyfriend sought in Florida nature preserve - ABC News (go.com)
[...]

Police in North Port, Florida, said Tuesday morning that investigators have returned to the Carlton Reserve to look for Brian Laundrie, 23.

Investigators searched the 24,000-acre (9,712-hectare) Florida nature preserve over the weekend without success. They focused on the area after Laundrie’s parents told police he may have gone there.

On Monday, the FBI went to Laundrie's parents' home in North Port and removed several boxes and towed away a car neighbors said Laundrie's mother typically used.

[...]

Gabby Petito case: Search for Brian Laundrie resumes in Florida's Carlton Reserve - CBS News
[...]

Federal agents searched Laundrie's Florida home Monday for nearly eight hours, questioning his parents and collecting evidence that could tell them what happened to Petito. Search warrant documents obtained by CBS News authorized authorities to seize computers, flash drives and other electronics.

In the application for the search warrant, authorities wrote that text messages Petito sent to her mother appeared to show increasing tension between the couple as the trip progressed. The application did not include specific messages.

[...]

Police said Tuesday the search was resuming on the Venice side of the reserve.

If BL’s family is supporting his flight, why would they report him missing rather than maintain their silence? Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to wait for him to be named a suspect and then say “oh, by the way, we haven’t seen him?” They certainly opened themselves up more scrutiny and investigation by filing a missing persons report, imo.

Its clear that gabby wasnt using her phone from the 27th onwards, so it must of been BL. How can he then come home and carry on like nothing has happened? Or was it that he thought he would get away with it so just came home like normal? Her parents would still of put out a missing persons and he still would of been questioned? Maybe he was spending his last few days with his family bike rides etc because he knew he would have to go on the run once the family realised she was missing?

If BL’s family is supporting his flight, why would they report him missing rather than maintain their silence? Wouldn’t it make more sense for them to wait for him to be named a suspect and then say “oh, by the way, we haven’t seen him?” They certainly opened themselves up more scrutiny and investigation by filing a missing persons report, imo.
That’s what led me to believe that his parents really were fearful that he’d gone into the nature preserve to commit suicide.

Do we know if the Laundries have kayaks, is Brian one to kayak?

Yeah. I get theat there'd not likely be, say, and FBI reward. But, from the family... or some other so-called Petito group. Could be, I suppose.

That makes sense. Elaine Park's mother had a reward for any information that leads to her whereabouts, so I could see her family putting up some money for information leading up to where Brian may be since it's pretty clear he had a hand in Gabby's disappearance.

Gabby Petito: Brian Laundrie search resuming in Carlton Reserve as autopsy due Tuesday: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Carlton Reserve 'closed until further notice,' group says
The Friends of the Carlton Reserve, a nonprofit that describes itself as being "in support of one of Sarasota County's natural lands," said in a Facebook message that "staff has notified us that effective Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021, the Carlton Reserve is closed until further notice."

The search for Brian Laundrie in the Carlton Reserve has resumed after the FBI spent hours with his parents at their home in nearby North Port, Fla., on Monday.

….

New Carlton Reserve search begins for Brian Laundrie

Dozens of law enforcement vehicles from all around the state are at Carlton Reserve Monday, which is now blocked off at the entrance.

Search teams held a briefing at about 8:30 a.m. local time, according to Fox News’ Stephanie Pagones.

North Port police: Search resuming for Laundrie in Carlton Reserve
The North Port Police Department said in a tweet Tuesday that the search for Brian Laundrie -- the person of interest in the Gabby Petito investigation -- will start up again in the Carlton Reserve, a 25,000-acre reserve located roughly five miles from the family’s home.

"We join the FBI in asking for continued public assistance by sharing any information through the tip lines," the department added.

The search is resuming there after the North Port Police Department told Fox News on Monday that it "currently has no plans to conduct a major search of the Carlton Reserve today."

Authorities were looking for Laundrie in the reserve over the weekend, but as of Tuesday, his whereabouts remain unknown.

It gives them a way out when they’re accused of not helping and also opened the doors for them searching the parents house. Could have been a strategic move by either the parents or attorney having an ethical dilemma.
Moo ooma opinión etc

SEP 21, 2021
Autopsy of body believed to be Gabby Petito will answer big questions | WGXA
[...]

Following the autopsy, investigators will be able to 100% confirm the body belongs to Petito.

It will also give them a much better idea of the cause of death.

A makeshift cross was found in the Spread Creek Dispersed camping area where officials said they found the body that resembles Petito.

Investigators have not yet confirmed the cross marks the exact spot, however, our 2News crew in the area said there are signs of recent digging and paint marks.

[...]

Anyone else notice the indents below the stones - this means its been there a little longer than a day or two.

The texture of the sand also shows its rained recently as it gives that effect on stand - when was the last time it rained there?

I would say those stones have been there long enough to experience a heavy rain and the sand below them has been washed away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody