Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The facts of his silence and running off are indications of consciousness of guilt. He knows that he is responsible for Gabby's death and the absolute misery he has inflicted on not only her family, but, his own. He has ruined a lot of lives. He either killed himself, or he is just trying to survive until he is nailed.
I agree, but I was replying about the parents.

Ive been having a look at the bodycam video from when they was pulled over. Just before gabby rolls down the video is she making the sign for help from abuse? I watched it over a few times and im still trying to work out if thats what shes doing or not and i cant clearly see from the window reflection? Anyone else see this?
I’m not sure what that sign is but IMO, I don’t think so. If that were the case I think she would have said something when separated from him.

Only reason I could see in him going back to FL before killings himself would be to say goodbye to Mommy and Daddy.

I thought the exact same thing.

Although, if he has gone and committed suicide and his parents somehow knew this was his plan (twisted as it may be) then his parents have nothing to lose now - why would they still be holding out on LE?

THIS makes me think he's still alive.

Has this information been shared here? One of the police officers at the scene when GP & BL were questioned after being stopped as a result of the DV 911 report, said she told GP, that the relationship between her and her bf looked "toxic", and that she should consider leaving the relationship.

The officer states, that she had her bodycam going the whole time (1-1/2 hrs.), but has never watched it. She said, when she heard they'd found a body likely to be Gabby's in the park, she wished she could have done more to convince Gabby to leave the relationship, but that the officers present had done the best they could at the time.
i-can-still-hear-her-voice-arches-park-ranger-warned-gabby-petito-relationship-seemed-toxic-brian

Just as a point of clarification JP Gabby's Dad doesn't live in North Port. And he had a lawyer
long before they knew he was even home. MOO
You're right. He lives in Vero Beach. I knew that he had moved there to be closer to her so thought it was in North Port.

Maybe he ASSUMED Stan was a guy she was texting and didn't know it was her Grandpa?
Maybe this started the fight? :(
Poor grandpa he just wanted to check on his grandaughter.

I'm behind...does anyone have her 'actual phone' physically.....(the weapon of destruction that she threw at BL?)
I have to wonder who her 'emergency contact ICE' person was on her phone. I butt dial my ICE person all the time. . . . was it stan? unusal but who knows. Overall i think BL took her phone whether he even changed pass code, etc for control. Even if it was face ID/fingerprint, if she was killed those are readily available and then he just switches both to him.

I don't understand why searchers are risking their own lives by traipsing through the swamp filled with gators and snakes. With the recent heavy rains those critters are on the move. We really don't need to lose any more good people over BL.

I suspect that the mustang was in the garage all the time that he was home and the van was parked behind it until it was towed away. That may be why we never saw the mustang until Wednesday of last week. He may have stashed supplies in the trunk. Then, reportedly drove the mustang to the park where his parents scooped it up late Tuesday or early Wednesday. Also, if it is true that an empty gun case was found in the mustang by LE after it had been returned to the driveway, his parents certainly saw it and knew that he had the gun. They may not have known that until after they picked up the mustang from the park...but then they worried that he was suicidal yet waited til Friday to invite LE to speak with them. JMO
If there was a gun accessible, I'm certain he would have taken it. A gun could serve as protection from predators, hunting, and if LE catches up to him, a means to fight or end his life. He's very dangerous, I think, because he's desperate.

Self Consumption...
How about self-absorbtion?
Definition: preoccupation with one's own emotions, interests, or situation.
A better song title for Brian.

I did actually wonder to myself a couple of days ago if he meant “self contemplation” and got it wrong.

If he’s found dead, or never found at all (rare), I don’t believe there will ever be full closure. We won’t know exactly what happened in Teton. Supporters of GP will claim certain things—namely he killed her. Supporters of BL might say … oh, he was depressed because they broke up and decided to go their separate ways on the trip and just see each other later back in FL. Or, there was a big fight, and he left her in the park, but she was alive (is that a crime?). Or, lots of other scenarios. Ugh.

I agree. At this point, IMO, his case has echoes of Bryer Schmegelsky and Kam McLeod hiding out in Canada's northern wilderness before being found dead in an apparent suicide pact. I don't see them finding BL alive, but there's always a chance I guess.

<modsnip>

Here's hoping today provides some answers, and some respite, for GP's family. And a BIG shout-out to the mods who have kept this runaway train of a thread on the tracks!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
If he's killed Gabby (he probably did), how can a man twice his size and claim to love his lady turn into a senseless monster?

Chris Watts killed his entire family and claimed to love them. Same could be said for others who killed a loved one. Sociopaths are somethin' else, for lack of better words.

If he’s found dead, or never found at all (rare), I don’t believe there will ever be full closure. We won’t know exactly what happened in Teton. Supporters of GP will claim certain things—namely he killed her. Supporters of BL might say … oh, he was depressed because they broke up and decided to go their separate ways on the trip and just see each other later back in FL. Or, there was a big fight, and he left her in the park, but she was alive (is that a crime?). Or, lots of other scenarios. Ugh.

If they had a big fight and he stole her van and left her there, yes, it’s a crime…grand theft auto, for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustMe196503