Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only evidence there is that Brian was controlling of Gabbie's life is an "internet friend" she met a few times from a dating app called Bumble, who may not even be a reliable source IMO. If my girlfriend had a dating app on her phone we would get in an argument/fight too. That's not cool at all and honestly makes me think Gabbie was possibly cheating on Brian or considering it. Who else was she talking to on Bumble, you know?

Bumble is not just just a dating app, it’s a friending app, a place to find new friends in your local area, and from videos and posts I’ve seen they were indeed real life friends who spent a lot of time together and had a lot of fun. Bumble is just how they met after GP moved from NY to Florida and was obviously looking for new local friends. It has a specific section for finding friends… not romantic dates. Literally no reason a partner should get upset about it.

Yeah it's so weird. She met her friend Rose off Bumble who is the one who claimed Brian was controlling. I just question who else was she talking to on such a dating app and why Brian would be okay with her being on such an app? or was he not okay with it which made him become controlling over what she's doing on her phone? I can kinda understand why she would use such an app if they were looking for a friend while travelling to these remote areas to hang out with but that's also very risky.

Bumble has a friend finder app (called Bumble BFF) that’s completely different than their dating app.

the MSM articles specify that - Gabby Petito's best friend claims Brian Laundrie was jealous and controlling | Daily Mail Online

I agree. Gabby was not afraid of her fiance. There was an article posted upthread about the female officer who spoke with Gabby on August 12. The officer had not uploaded her body-cam footage at the time of the article.

The officer advised Gabby that she was in a "toxic" relationship, that she deserved a better future, and, that despite this advice, Gabby was still very attracted to her fiance.

She was not afraid of him, she was attracted to him even when he was psychologically and physically abusive towards her.

I believe you can be attracted to someone… and still afraid of them on some level… They are not mutually exclusive.

I believed I was in love with my ex, who I later realized was a narcissist… but he had a seething white hot silent anger that truly scared me… but I still stayed with him as that wasn’t always him…

He made sure I felt like I NEEDED him in my life… and he had stealthily distanced me from my family and friends so that I was more and more under his control and under his spell… He could be very charming and sweet when it suited him.

I believe she was likely in relatively decent shape (considering the passage of time), because of how quickly she was identified (preliminary).

Also by how fast her body was removed by the coroner, and how quickly the scene was processed.

The location itself strikes me as more of a dumpsite, just based on where the van was apparently parked, and where her body was located in relation to that.

I think it's possible what happened, happened in the van itself.

I’m not so sure on the location that she was found being a “dump site”. 200 yards may not seem like a lot but, dragging/carrying anything over 20 lbs across wet, rubbly terrain for that length is not easy and the creek itself is (or appears to be) relatively exposed (as in no trees, scrub, hide places).

IMO…They were not in the van. I don’t know why or how they were on the other side of the creek…maybe looking for IG shots…potential campsites…maybe one or both just stormed off after an argument…but I think they were both out of the van.

I agree. Gabby was not afraid of her fiance. There was an article posted upthread about the female officer who spoke with Gabby on August 12. The officer had not uploaded her body-cam footage at the time of the article.

The officer advised Gabby that she was in a "toxic" relationship, that she deserved a better future, and, that despite this advice, Gabby was still very attracted to her fiance.

She was not afraid of him, she was attracted to him even when he was psychologically and physically abusive towards her.

I believe the thing she was afraid of the most was having her dream trip ended by the DV incident. IMO she needed him to continue her van life dream and probably loved him deeply so she stuck up for him. When I watched the body cam footage I saw a woman desperate to carry on with their journey. I also saw what i would refer to as a very manipulative man. I have no doubt that he convinced her she was "crazy". Hell, he was even trying to convince the cops of that as soon as he had the chance. Any problems she thought she had were likely exploited by him and thrown back in her face. The bodycam footage was difficult to watch and I hope people do learn from it.

BTW, this is my first post here. I really like what y'all do here but try to remember we are all on the same side. :)

The only evidence there is that Brian was controlling of Gabbie's life is an "internet friend" she met a few times from a dating app called Bumble, who may not even be a reliable source IMO. If my girlfriend had a dating app on her phone we would get in an argument/fight too. That's not cool at all and honestly makes me think Gabbie was possibly cheating on Brian or considering it. Who else was she talking to on Bumble, you know?
She used Bumble BFF, which is a service to find friend exclusively.

they met on the bumble bff...bff...as in best friends forever...not the dating portion of the app.

Can’t find a video but here’s the news story.

FBI concludes search of Brian Laundrie's home; removes evidence and tows away car

Guthrie says he found it strange how Laundrie acted like nothing happened when he returned home.

"It's very strange," says Guthrie. "Since he came back on the 1st it was like a normal day. Mother and son took a bike ride together around the neighborhood. Helped his father do some repairs around the garage."
So BL’s been seen at home by a neighbor. Interesting

I believe she was likely in relatively decent shape (considering the passage of time), because of how quickly she was identified (preliminary).

Also by how fast her body was removed by the coroner, and how quickly the scene was processed.

The location itself strikes me as more of a dumpsite, just based on where the van was apparently parked, and where her body was located in relation to that.

I think it's possible what happened, happened in the van itself.

I'm curious about their "van life." For comparison, Esther Dingley, her partner and five dogs lived an organized "van life" for six years in the Swiss Alps and Pyrenees. They didn't sleep in a tent beside the van, their clothes were put away and they slept in the van except when mountain hiking.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the van? I'm curious whether there's a 6 ft stretch where they could sleep in the van if their things were organized. How tall is he?

This matters in terms of understanding whether she was accidentally murdered next to the campsite - manslaughter, or whether she was strangled, perhaps in the van to avoid being seen by passing campsite traffic?

Doesn't van-life mean having a bed in a van?

Yes, that wasn't long at all. I'm guessing she was largely intact. I also think she was dumped there, as opposed to actually being murdered there.

I am no crime scene expert, but if she was dumped there wouldn't it take longer to try to determine where the dumper came from. To backtrack to the murder scene. I know its been weeks, but I would hope they wouldn't just write it off. Maybe they have some evidence that something happened in the van to negate the need to search. Although, while I would think crossing that creek bed would be fun in the daylight, it would be pretty miserable to do it carrying a body at night (assuming no one would be stupid enough to carry a body across 500' of creekbed in broad daylight on a busy weekend.)

How long do you think it might take to process a suicide site if means of death were obvious?

Well , I suppose they will release the autopsy report at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme