Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the end, IMO this will be an important link in the story.

The cost of the trip would probably pay for a storage unit for a year.

What did GP do during this week? It doesn't look like there were posts on social media. I would think that if they were really producing a social media story of the trip, this would be part of it. A setback in schedule, that was made into the story.

Was this a cool off time for BL? Did he come back to Utah with anger? What did he do, other than the storage this week?

If I had to come back to clean a storage, and my wife or spouse was stranded in a hotel. I can't see it being a week. The cell phone records would tell a lot. Where they talking, etc?
I think that that may have been the first time he took the van and stranded her and that is why she was so scared he would do it again.

Maybe a dumb question. How can they rule it a homicide but not determine how? If you don’t see a cause of death how do you know it was homicide? Or could it be multiple injuries and have to determine which killed her? Confused!

IMO… physical exam showed signs of homicide/struggled/injuries/broken bones not consistent with self injury. She was 100% healthy 22 yr old female so no heart attack, etc. So the ne t step is toxicology to see if she had anything in her system at time of death and further lab tests to confirm initial findings.

When BL flew back to FL and left her in a hotel in SLC, where was the van and/or van keys? Meaning did he drive it to airport or leave it with her? But if it was with her, did she have the keys?[/QUOTE

I’m curious about this, too. I highly doubt Brian flew home on Aug 17 to organize a storage container. Why did he really leave Gabby in UT? This was 5 days after the DV/MH incident in Moab. Where was Gabby for the week he was gone? Why did he come back? 3 days after his return he’s seen alone at a campsite per witness Schultz.

Coroner expected to release autopsy report for body believed to be Gabby Petito

A coroner in Wyoming is expected to release preliminary results of an autopsy for a body believed to be Gabby Petito, a 22-year-old who was reported missing after her fiancé returned home from a cross-country road trip without her.

Brent Blue, the Teton County Coroner, told CBS News the autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday. Blue said autopsies usually take one to two hours, but if microscopic data is needed, it may take longer and it is unlikely to be fully completed today.

When the autopsy is
What are your opinions why his parents haven't gone on TV asking for him to come home? It seems LE often uses family members to make emotional pleas in situations like this.
imo because he is guilty . Plain and simple.

Wouldn't they be able to see those injuries immediately? Hyoid or trauma to skull would be pretty obvious I would think.
Yeah they can see the injuries like that right away and rule likely homicide, but to conclusively prove what the actual cause of death is takes longer. They can see these things happened, but then they need to test other things to prove that those injuries are actually what caused the death.

Maybe a dumb question. How can they rule it a homicide but not determine how? If you don’t see a cause of death how do you know it was homicide? Or could it be multiple injuries and have to determine which killed her? Confused!
Official autopsy reports including toxicology can take 6 weeks. I think they of course know but are choosing to keep it private. I am wondering if it's a legal thing for upcoming evidence or just being kind. I don't feel like I need to know how. . . I'd like to know why.

Like most here, I believe BL killed GP, sadly, ending a very toxic relationship. My perceptions, like others, are guided by my life experiences. But part of what I like on WS is to separate my personal biases from the interpretation of the facts, especially an odd set.

All IMO.

The behavior of BL's family is what forces me to keep reconsidering what may have happened in Wyoming. Why would they be so oblivious to the obvious conclusion that their son likely killed GP and ran home? What did he tell them to make them think this is OK?

Option 1. Could BL have gone on a Snake River hike for a few days as he told the Tiktok user who gave him a ride on 8/29, to get some space between he and GP and let her blog? Was it GP alone in the van on 8/27 when the back door closed as the camper passed?

... in this scenario, what if when BL returns to the van on 8/29 there is no sign of GP? Could she have been attacked or abducted by someone, killed and left where she was found? In this scenario, BL would not know where she was, panic, call Mom, and go home.

... that sounds crazy because anyone in their right mind at that point would call LE, right? So maybe BL looked for GP, found her dead, and panicked because he might be accused of killing her. He calls Mom, she calls attorney who advises he do nothing and hightail home.

Option 2. What if after another one of their toxic 'fights' GP takes off from the van, parked where we saw it on the dashcam 8/27. She leaves to go for a walk to be alone - in a state of despair, crying and confused. In this case, it might be BL who is in the van (sandals on ground match, right) when the door closes between 6-6:30pm.

... in this scenario, what if GP doesn't come back that night, and BL starts to get worried? He goes looking for her the next day, and finds her in the creek bed where LE found her. She has committed suicide. He panics, calls Mom, she calls attorney who advises he hightail home. All this under the guise of making sure he doesn't get blamed.

So as off the wall as this may sound, perhaps the BL family doesn't think he did anything wrong, at least of any great importance, 'He didn't kill Gabby, they may think... but he sure will be blamed for her death... so we'll welcome him home and help him hide for a while'.

I don't like what I just wrote either, so please no tomatoes. I am just trying to respect the art of sleuthing by turning over the limited data we have, like a rubric square. o_O
I think the homicide rules out the suicide.

Something that has been swirling around in my mind today is the possibility that perhaps rather than actively assisting him in hiding/running; Brian's parents were also being terrorized by him, as Gabby likely was (All my opinion, of course).

IF the signs of DV/etc are what they appear to be and IF this was directed at Gabby long-term while they lived at his parents home, then one possible reason they may not have spoken up (then, or now) may be that his parents also knew him to be aggressive/violent/manipulative/unpredictable (insert terms of choice) and may have also been victims.

This is all speculation, of course, and this could be concurrent with love/desire to protect their son, but it has been one possible explanation (NOT justification, IMO!) for why they have been quiet/aiding him/acting like everything was fine for so long. They may also be fearful of where he is or what he might do. Just a thought - and may be all wishful thinking in a way, I just don't to believe they are *all* monsters.

there can be obvious signs of homicide (strangulation, dismemberment - sorry not to be graphic) - further testing would be needed to prove what was the exact cause of death but there can be obvious signals of homicide
I don't think it would be part of the autopsy, but if the remains had been buried (and not apparently by an animal), that might also contribute to a determination of homicide.

JMO

I’m absolutely blown away that you have a moment to step out and get a gallon of milk while your son is on the run for murdering his young fiancé who until recently literally lived under your roof? Wow. Wow. Wow. These parents should have been taken in for questioning days ago! Now they’re having cookies and milk?! MOO IMO
I thought the exact same thing!!! Obviously they probably don't have friends to call or people dropping off casseroles. Maybe that's what BL really did 'run out for milk', like the old adage of the dead beat dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarlaK