Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a Coast Guard base right on the Alabama/Mississippi line, so maybe that has something to do with those. Although, the Sheriff's Department or Mobile Police Department did say they were investigating all potential sightings.
I cannot begin to imagine that the United States Military would be activated for this matter. Now, THAT would be a story.

i live in california and go to mexico by car, we use our regular DL and birth cert. We dont even have a passport. But, u need one for flying.
You do need a passport to enter Canada. These days, you also need a Covid test completed within 72 hours. If he went to CVS or Walgreens for that test, I'm sure there would be a record of it. You also need to be double vaccinated so he would have to show his vaccination record.

I have no clue if this is related, but look at this air traffic close to the Alabama/Florida line.
AirNav RadarBox - Global Flight Tracking Intelligence | Live Flight Tracker and Airport Status

Edited to add: I've been watching this for a little bit now. They were more congested and have slowly started widening the circle, but the majority are circling. Best guess,
they're searching for something/someone.

Toth Heliport is nearby. You may be seeing student pilots, training, etc. I've seen nothing linking this area to any active search.

Toth Stagefield AHP Heliport - 24AL - Airport Guide

1/2
Here is the full statement:
The OCSO did its due diligence in response to this report and is wrapping up an extensive search that took place in this area to also include nearby farmlands and a search by drone.
No one - and nothing - of note was located.

2/2
There are no known possible past or current connections between Laundrie and anyone in this area at this time to follow up on.
In the meantime we will remain vigilant and if anything new of significance develops we will share.
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440404931836473345?s=21
https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440404931836473345?s=21

https://twitter.com/brianentin/status/1440405016292913152?s=21

I have a real concern that if BL is hiding and LE starts closing in on him, he might harm himself. I'm hoping he just gives up and let's the process start, but I don't know...

I've thought about this a lot. A trial might be too hard for Gabby's family. It wouldn't being her back. So, maybe whatever happens will be for the best.

I think the story goes he'd said where he was going to hike and when he hadn't returned they went looking and saw the car.
And who goes "hiking" in an area like that in FL with no cell phone? Wouldn't his parents have just kept in touch via cell? Hmm...

He'd need boiling water, though. And unless he has a stove and fuel (plus I really don't think he has any experience outdoors, except to brag), he'd have to carry a pot and build a fire. No way he's building a fire while he's being manhunted.
And food? He'll be either an animal attractant or an LE magnet.

And if he takes pre-packaged meals?
He'd need at least 3 of those freeze dried Mountain House meals a day, 21 for the week (and he's been gone for at least a week). Hahahaha! Those things are super bulky! And that still won't be enough food, really, so you've gotta take maybe nuts and Snickers and dried fruit. Then there's the problem with indigestion as you get used to eating those meals....

But maybe you only take 2 meals a day of Mountain House. That's still 14 packages!

Mountain House is, like, $7-$8 average a meal.

I suppose he could do Ramen instead, but imagine all that Ramen! lol.

Unless he had a water filter, he'd almost certainly have made himself sick on swamp water.

However, apart from the unlikelihood of all that.... This is a man who, when life got rough, went running home to momma in the car of a woman he killed. IMO there's not a snowball's chance in heck momma's boy is out there eating raw Mountain House in an alligator-infested swamp.

Can you leave food caches to pick up later? Yep, but in BL's case, they likely would have been sniffed out by LE.

Is it possible for experienced backpackers to go a week without re-supply? Big YES. Easily. Two, no problem, either, if you have a big pack. But "experience" is the operative word here. And it takes a LOT of planning not to over- or undersupply. You want a lot of calories for not a lot of weight and bulk. And you don't want containers like tuna cans.
There's been no sign that BL has any of this kind of experience, either, no matter what he's convinced his family of.

Food calculation rule of thumb when backpack planning: 2 lbs per person per day. But it should be optimized by common sense. You won't want to take 2 lbs of butter (nice dense calories) or 2 lbs of Ramen (carbohydrate fuel).

Great guide for campers, hikers and backpackers!
Really unrealistic for survivalists and someone running from the law.

He can go 21 days with no food what so ever if he’s found a secure hiding place and isn’t on the move. He’d be weak and miserable so add in Mayday or SOS bars (specifically designed to not attract animals) giving some 20,000 calories in a 2-3 lbs package. Add or include that to your 21 days. Then add fishing and forging. Which FL is a great forging place. Loads and loads to eat in the wilds. Someone could easily go 40+ days with only 2-3 lbs of emergency bars.

BL isn’t posh camping (lol at Mountain House!) . The guy is just trying to survive until the law stops looking and more options become available to him. That’s assuming he’s not out of the country already which is my thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1