Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM. There is a difference from being treated hostilely than how that officer treated Brian. Was it necessary to tell Brian about his experience with his toxic ex wife? Was it necessary to laugh when Brian called Gabby crazy.
They should be impersonal and definitely never bring their own personal experiences into that situation.
I don't know why that is so difficult for some people to understand.
Yeah, this wasn't the interrogation room where you make comradery with the suspect. It was investigation in the field and no need to try bonding. No emotion or affirmation towards him in a DV call would make BL more nervous and react more raw in the moment. Hopefully they learn from this.

I can't speak unilaterally or for all, but I'm almost positive it's been said that the person making the original 911 call of Brian slapping Gabby, had in fact flown the coop by the time the police showed up.

If that is true, the officers did not in fact 'ignore' it. They noted it in their report. How much weight are they supposed to give to it if the original "maker" of the complaint isn't currently around to be queried? People have lied on "domestics" before to get other people in trouble.
Every time I have to call 911 on a drunk driver or car wreck they always ask my phone number. I wouldn't expect someone to hang around for the whole 1 1/2 to be questioned on his 911 call. But,I would expect it not to be noted that all reporters agreed when clearly they did not. And I would expect a phone call to be made to follow up if clarification was needed.

Brian is not in the reserve. There is almost 0 possibility that he showed up with the van, without Gabby, and his parents thought everything was fine. The attorney was already onboard and they were ignoring Gabby’s family before it became an actual missing persons case. The reserve was a diversion, nothing else. BL did not off himself. If he is responsible for GP’s death, (I would assume at this point h3 is) then suicide is not a usual trait of the type. I would venture a guess, he is either still relatively close to home, or he has made his way to a familiar place. I would be checking small islands near the fl coast close to his last known whereabouts. Not named islands, but sand bars with trees, and vegetation. I grew up on the San Jacinto river. Spent my childhood building forts and fishing off these types of islands. I’d be checking into missing boats, or boats belonging to family. Checking local gas stations and grocery stores to see if any of them were spotted filling gas cans, or buying large quantities of bottled water. If not there, it definitely somewhere he’s familiar with.
Those are all good suggestions. I would also add to check other vacant homes that he has access to, such as other homes owned by family members, not that any of them have been sleuthed .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay