Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - Sarasota Sheriff back on the ground at Venice; Channel 9 heli returning to Tampa Bay. 2 - Has there been commentary on what stuff Petito & Laundrie brought with them or acquired along the way... specifically, did they have bear spray? (It's a very common thing for campers, hikers, vanlifers, overlanders, and the like to carry... and it could surely incapacitate a human.)

I wonder why he wanted her phone so badly? What could have been on that phone that caused him to react such a way and why is it currently missing?

I don’t think it was anything in particular on the phone, it was the phone itself and what it represented. That phone was Gabby’s connection to people other than BL.

MOO: I believe BL drove off and left her at least once. I don’t buy the story that he went to Florida to clean out the storage unit. I believe he left her without anything but her phone and she had to get her parents to get her food and a hotel for a few days. I believe that she was resourceful enough to do that upset him because she wasn’t punished enough by this. I think he hated life in that van and saw her time in a hotel as a reprieve. So this time, he wanted to drive off and leave her without her cell phone or her belongings to really teach her a lesson. So he was going to take that phone to do it. When she fought back, he attacked her in public. MOO.

ETA: got the two events flip flopped, phone fight was before the hotel stay. But the point remains, he wanted to remove her access to other people.

Last edited:
Gabby Petito: Cops zero in again on Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES

LIVE Updates

Gabby Petito’s parents to issue statement after her body returns to New York, uncle says

Gabby Petito’s uncle, Steve, tells Fox News on Wednesday that her parents will be issuing a statement when her body arrives home from Wyoming.

The development comes as the Teton County coroner tells Fox News’ Jeremy Copas that the 22-year-old's remains are still in his possession as forensic testing remains ongoing, including microscopic and toxicology examinations.

The coroner said the test results could be coming back in the next few days or weeks.

However, Petito’s body will not be given back to her family until the FBI allows it, the coroner added.

….

Gabby’s uncle calls law firm representing Laundrie ‘disgusting'

Steve Petito is speaking out on Instagram Wednesday against the law firm representing Brian Laundrie’s family, saying “we don’t require nor want your empathy” and “by you trying to show compassion here at this moment is beyond disgusting.”

Petito made the comments in reaction to a statement Laundrie family attorney Steven Bertoloni gave to Fox News yesterday, in which the lawyer said “May Gabby Rest in Peace.”

“As far as the law is concerned this law firm may be immune due to attorney/client privilege,” Steve Petito wrote.

“But in the eyes of the public you are as guilty and complicit with this massive cover-up and stalling tactic,” he added, without elaborating.

Dogs being deployed in Carlton Reserve search for Brian Laundrie

The North Port Police Department has released images of dogs being deployed this morning as the resumed effort to locate Brian Laundrie within the Carlton Reserve enters its second day.

Authorities first searched the sprawling, rugged terrain for Laundrie over the weekend before pausing on Monday and resuming yesterday.

A coroner on Tuesday ruled Gabby Petito's death as a homicide, while Laundrie -- whose current whereabouts are unknown -- remains a person of interest.

Carlton Reserve group says 8 to 10 trail cameras are currently inside area

The Friends of the Carlton Reserve, a nonprofit that describes itself as being "in support of one of Sarasota County's natural lands," tells Fox News' Stephanie Pagones that it has 8 to 10 trail cameras currently deployed in the area to "monitor wildlife.

"The locations of the cameras are kept secure and are not used for security purposes," the group wrote in an email. "Until recently we kept a continuous database that accumulated over 17,000 still images whose data were entered to include date, time, location, species, and other information relevant to the tally."

The group would not comment on whether they have provided any material captured by the cameras to law enforcement. Investigators are searching the Carlton Reserve for Brian Laundrie.

Brian Laundrie search resumes this morning

A rainbow forms over the Carlton Reserve in Florida where authorities continue to search for Brian Laundrie on Wednesday.

Sarasota Police: Brian Laundrie is still on the run

The Sarasota Police Department, in a tweet, said Wednesday morning that "despite rumors, #BrianLaundrie is NOT IN THE CUSTODY of our agency at this time."

Gabby Petito’s hometown mourns her death

Residents in Petito’s hometown of Blue Point, N.Y., reportedly lit candles in front of their homes Tuesday night to pay tribute to the 22-year-old who was confirmed dead yesterday after her body was found earlier this week in Wyoming.

Snipped by me -
Brian Laundrie search resumes this morning

A rainbow forms over the Carlton Reserve in Florida where authorities continue to search for Brian Laundrie on Wednesday.

How amazing would this be to find him today? This made me think of the media story aboout how the rainbow appeared after the Coroner took Gabby's body away. How her family described her as "love, light and rainbows" that everyone saw that WY rainbow as a sign from her. I would love to think that this one was too. "Today is the day guys, bring him in. Here he is!" #JusticeforGabby
MOO

This is on my mind this morning .
I cannot get over how quickly a deceased person was found , mainly with very little leads ,and in such a vast area, compared to a 'live' person that LE supposedly knew his where about as stated in their press conference. HOW CAN THAT BE ?? Mind boggling to me!!! Rest in Peace ,Gabby. No more hurt for you. May justice prevail !!
I believe it is due to the youtube video giving them pretty much the exact location where they found her. They had already narrowed it down but that video helped to zero it in.

Those that think perhaps the FBI knows he is in the reserve and not alive... How would they know that?

I don't think this but they may have seen him on the game cameras and picked up a heat source but no longer pick up any heat source and presumably have it surrounded? I don't know how they would be sure but they may believe they had evidence of him inside when they started the search and no evidence of him leaving.

It seems like an extreme response to me based only on his lying parents. So I think they have to have something to corroborate the parents' story.

One of Brian Laundrie’s ‘inner circle’ could be helping him, says former FBI agent

"A former FBI agent has said it’s possible that Brian Laundrie – the missing fiancé of van-life blogger Gabby Petito, whose death has been ruled a homicide – is receiving help to stay on the run."
100%. He is out there and his parents know where. He is not in that swamp. I really hope his parents are held accountable for not only the assistance they provided their killer son but also for the risk they’re putting LE in while they’re out searching for their son in such a treacherous place, most likely with their guidance.
BL is a horrible individual, and his parents are right up there with him.

Why would LE leave the rocks / wood still at the scene with the paint on? I’m guessing as they would have swabbed/extracted the evidence they needed, maybe. Hoping an expert here can advise.

It really does look like blood splatter from how it’s spread out, which could mean a weapon was used. I think this would also be backed up by the TikTok lift sighting, as if BL had used his hands, I believe they would have noticed marks on his hands.

So this could be where she was murdered. Or it could be where she was carried to and these are blood drops. The thing casting doubt it happened in the Van is that they would have found evidence in it and I think the FBI would have taken over sooner and there may have been a change in messaging to the press and public.

JMO as I have time to think and speculate whilst the threads are closed!

Would you please provide some context to what are you talking about? You don't have a link or even reference a prior post. What blood splatter?

You know the parents could save a (little) face here by getting on TV and pleading for BL to turn himself in. I know if it was my son, I would be flipped out with everyone searching for him. I would be out there trying to find him first out of fear for his safety.
Another reason why I think he is dead.

Edit.. I'm arguing both sides alive or dead

Last edited:
Could someone remind me why a few days ago, there were rumors circulating, that he was in Puerto Rico? What was the basis of that?

Someone here suggtested Cuba. That was my immediate thought, when he was declared missing. Someone with little money but a need to avoid LE, someone located in FL no less, would consider Cuba as a destination, though I don't think the government there would be amenable to harboring fugitives from the US. The poster said, some of the coastal areas are populated only by small villages, but I imagine word would travel like wildfire, that a foreigner had appeared in their midst.

Puerto Rico is still the US for LE purposes, so not a solution to someone trying to avoid accountability for a crime. But who knows, maybe he's not bright enough to figure that out. But the Puerto Rico theory seems like it never got any traction, especially not from LE.

This guy has at least 30 pounds on him compared to BL, probably more. BL is extremely skinny.

I assume he mostly lived on granola, fruit, yogurt, chocolate, coupled with being on the road for a month, I don’t think they cooked. He could have bulked up in the 2weeks (?) he was home in order to disguise himself, that is if he fled that Tuesday.

The conversation between BL and the police officer while BL was being driven to the motel keeps coming to my mind. They were talking about Sequoia National Park in CA and all the surrounding areas. I don't see how BL could possibly be there without being detected, but it's something that I took note of and wanted to share.

I doubt he is in Sequoia. There are active wildfires in Sequoia and Kings Canyon.

i think they are giving him more credit then he deserves, first of all no not without alot of supplies he cant live in their for months, if all he had was that little backpack i doubt he has made it the 7 days that his parents say he has been in there already, i really and truley dont believe he is in there, at least not alive!
As I posted a while ago, it is possible that during the time he was at his parents home, he could have been stashing food and supplies and putting them in the trunk of the mustang which was (probably) in the garage. No one would have seen him do that. Then, when he left for his "little" hike at carlton, looking equipped for a day hike, he may have caused no suspicion. When he arrived at Carlton, he unloaded the stashed stuff and a bigger pack for a much longer "hike" than a day one. Still, if that is what he did, I doubt that he could've survived THIS long in the swamp.....just a thought......jmo

It doesn’t look like they traveled to CA on this trip and most, if not all, of the states from FL to WY allow open carry aka traveling with a firearm as long as it’s not concealed. Not that everyone follows the law though.

RSBM
Also, if they had a gun with them (which there is no evidence to support at this time) I have a feeling that they wouldn't have been aware of the laws pertaining to interstate transportation of a firearm. From what has been made public, it seems that Gabby did most of the logistical planning for the trip (i.e., finding campsites and planning the stops) and I doubt she would have been familiar with these laws. Brian might be more aware of gun laws if he/his parents owned a firearm but from what I can tell he seems to have played a supporting role for the entire trip and that the majority of the planning fell on Gabby's shoulders. MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1