Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I realize that. But what agency is renting from them to conduct a search. Point being, I don't think this is a LE (so-to-speak) search mission. I think it's simply some journalist of sorts poking around.

There are journalists up in the air. For example, WFLA was crossing fairly regularly to one of their team who was up in a chopper.
We'd probably find that many media organisations don't have their own helicopter.

How accurate are police scanner apps? I noticed when I was listening to Sarasota this morning there was a code listed underneath "active alerts" for Active Manhunt as of 7:03 am this morning.
Broadcasity is relaible if that is what you mean? Perhaps it is resuming their day.

There was a theory I read previously and totally agree with, basically stating Brian abandoned the van after GP’s murder and followed the river until being picked up on the 29th by youtuber. In the hopes that the van would be found, and his alibi would be he was hiking. In this occasion he followed the spread creek to the snake river. With this being said, I feel he is most comfortable following a river or creek. I would be searching near creeks and rivers for him. Not lakes and swampland. I also figure he can maneuver at a pace of around 10-15 miles per day, so this gives a search radius of 70-105 miles. If he were to head south, he would most likely run into more civilization so Imo he would be traveling north. I think he is between Alafia River state park and Colt creek state park.
@r_craig93 yes, I totally agree with this - what he did before gives us clues about what he might be doing now. The one thing I can't figure out is what is he doing for food. He may have left with a full pack and had one or more caches set up by his parents, in which case he could be just fine still. But eventually, he's going to run out. Of course, he could be doing the exact opposite too, and heading to say NYC or somewhere urban where he can blend in and survive easier.

i still wonder if the cops from the bodycam footage knew all a long Brian was the abuser

i mean if you think about it, they trapped Brian in a stationary place and gave Gabby the van ensuring her freedom to drive away if she wanted to

its probably not true but it keeps going round and round my head that if she had just taken the van and drove home that night she might still be here today :(

Right, but if there were blood on that log, or a bullet hole in it, they’d have taken it, or cut out the parts where the blood was. I’m looking at the photo and all I see is driftwood with holes in it. JMO

Agreed. So, seems more likely these paint marks were placed to mark where something was collected. There was also fluorescent tape used. Reporters who went into the area just after the area was cleared said the paint was still wet. Looking for the link to that information…

JMO.

ETA link stating paint was still wet:

Memorial with Stone Cross Spotted at Site Where Gabby Petito's Body Was Found

“The outlet reported that when it was first spotted, the orange paint on the dead trees was still wet. A pink ribbon was also seen tied to a dead tree near the makeshift cross.”

Last edited:
There are journalists up in the air. For example, WFLA was crossing fairly regularly to one of their team who was up in a chopper.
We'd probably find that many media organisations don't have their own helicopter.
Exactly. I think it's pre-mature to term N7073T as "the search". Unless, someone knows which agency is renting a private helicopter.

So I'm probably going to get dragged for this but I just had some thoughts that I wanted to get out there. This is going to sound nuts but I don't get a bad feeling from him. I haven't since day one. I know he killed her. Without a doubt. But I don't think it was premeditated. I don't get a Chris Watts feeling at all.b I think it was a fight that got WAY out of hand and it was an accident. My guess is it's probably going to be blunt Force trauma. I'm sure they spent just way too much time together one-on-one with no breaks. My guess is all of the sightings of him and the van from that point on was him either trying to set an alibi or him just trying to figure out what the hell to do next. In all reality he's still just a kid. And no offense to this generation but they definitely are not as self-reliant as older generations are. I'm wondering if he debated not going back when he flew to Florida for the storage unit but he didn't want to leave her out there all by herself? Just the thought that if he had sent one of her family members or one of his out there instead things would have been totally different. And I sure that his parents are helping cover it up which is not the right thing but can any of us honestly say that if our child was in that situation we wouldn't help also? I'm one of the most honest people you'd probably ever meet and I can't say for sure that I wouldn't. I'm willing to bet he's probably committed suicide and they just haven't found him yet. And I'm willing to bet that the reason the family all of a sudden is willing to help is because they suspect this too and their panicking. It's just a sad situation all around.

What I will say also about the police video is it is so chilling to me to see things like that because all I could think the whole time was this poor girl only had a few days or weeks left to live. It was just haunting me to watch. To watch him who seemed like such a nice guy on the video and her who just seemed like this young sweet kid. And just to wonder what happened next.

It's all just so sad for everybody. It just makes my heart hurt.

I do hope that he is out there alive still. If he made a mistake and killed her, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, then I would hope a second mom doesn't have to bury their child. Even if he did kill her no mom should have to do that.

I’ll agree only that it was likely not premeditated and was probably a fight that got out of hand after one too many of them.
But he is not a kid, he’s been an adult for several years, and instead of taking responsibility for what he IMO did, he instead ran home to mummy and daddy, leaving the woman he professed to love lying in the dirt for the insects.
That is not a mistake, it is not an accident. It is callous, self-serving and criminal. It’s only a matter of time before he’ll have to face the consequences of that.

I was just coming to post this! His gun, painted as an American flag, is pictured in this NY Post article:
Inside Brian Laundrie's bedroom as Gabby Petito's homicide confirmed

What I find chilling is that on the Nomadic Statik TikTok, there is a photo of Gabby posing with the same gun in 2020. It’s about 3/4 of the way through, immediately after a photo of BL in a brown shirt. It’s dark, but visible. I have a zoomed SS, but gather I am not allowed to post here. (Correct me if I’m wrong! I’m still learning.)
Nomadic Statik TikTok

It's probably pretty common for those who camp frequently to have a gun, but it's also worrisome when combined with a troubled relationship.

TY. I'm quite familiar with FlighAware and it's similar "competition". My inquiry was not about Flight Aware... It was about the agency using a private heli to conduct a official/formal search for Laundrie. What agency is using a Sky/Dallas heli? I think it's some private flight.

Could it be a TV station?

I don't understand why the helicopter is circling the same area, if there was a manhunt for me i would not be sticking around day after day with a chopper overhead. I would be on the move.

I definitely wouldn't help cover up something like this. I would of course as a parent do what I could to minimize the damage to my son or daughter in a case like this - hire a good lawyer, make sure they were safe and weren't going to harm themselves, etc. - but at the end of the day someone else is dead and if my son or daughter did it, they would have to face the consequences.
And facing the consequences might be better than being in the woods with alligators and no food or being on the run with no loving family support. Even if they got him out of the country, he will eventually run out of money. He’s only 23. He would want to return home. He is used to being taken care of by his parents.
If he is on the run, his parents sure didn’t give their son good advice. Does that surprise anyone?

Regarding bloodstains on the trees - wouldn't the police cut those places out and take them in for testing? I suppose they could have just swabbed, but I would think they would want the actual piece of wood for future testing and to make it available to the defense team (if it comes to that) to do their own independent testing?
Wouldn't spraying OVER a bloodstain corrupt the evidence even if it was swabbed before being sprayed?jmo

I have wondered if we haven't heard about or seen any camera footage is because the FBI is leading this case? I just can't imagine with all of the available security cameras that they don't have *some* form of information confirming that he went to the reserve. I know when local police (meaning, local to me) run an investigation all sorts of information gets leaked into the public, but maybe since the FBI is in charge, they are tighter-lipped?
Very much so.
Almost no information gets leaked in a FBI case.

There seems to be holes in the timeline between Salt Lake City and Spread Creek Dispersed Camping Area. I'm not confident (MOO) that the Happy Halloween Monarch/pumpkin instagram picture is from 2021. It seemed more consistent with pictures from a fall 2019 early 2020 road trip in similar areas.

We know GP checked out of the hotel in SLC with BL. There is then a FaceTime call with her mom that same day. (Do we know that call occurred inside Grand Tetons? was it on the way to Grand Tetons?). After that sightings are only of the van. Did anyone else see her at the Monarch mural? Did anyone see her buy the pumpkin? All of the sightings within Grand Teton are of the Van and BL alone.
Her mother said, Gabby stated she was in the Grand Teton park during their call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper