Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the way this seems to be trending, I think a murder prosecution is going to become a moot point. If so, it's going to be really disappointing.
I think the odds of him being dead are much higher than him being alive and on the run.

I agree now (and didn't think so before) with two exceptions
If he's hiding out with someone somewhere (ie; in their home with their assistance)
OR he managed to make it out of the country

I just looked at the Red, White and Bethune video again. Something always seemed strange and I finally know what. Why is the van visible on the return drive outside of the driver's window, shouldn't it appear on the passenger side instead? Or did it get moved?

They only had a camera recording for one of the times they passed the vehicle. On that pass, the van was on their left. Not sure why that would be weird.

i seems like his is just tryng to split hairs.....its a murder case, someone took someone elses life, its not for us to now what kinda tactic they are gonna come up with at court to try to get out of this or explain it away, fit of rage, self defense, accidental.....thats all up to a defense but right now its murder!!!!
No it isn't. I'm just trying to stick to the facts of the case we have so far. If you think it's murder then that's your opinion not a fact.

Considering the way this seems to be trending, I think a murder prosecution is going to become a moot point. If so, it's going to be really disappointing.

I think the odds of him being dead are much higher than him being alive and on the run.
Do you think FBI/LE believe he’s deceased in the nature reserve, and that’s the reason they keep on with the searches?

Agreed, it looked like he was happy mowing lawns and riding bikes until right around the time the parked van video was released - then he skedaddled but fast.

I think BL really underestimated the far reach of cameras and power of social media. He may have even gotten away with being a suspect if he had left the van where it was and walked for help, claiming GP had driven away and he had no clue as to her location and that he was left stranded.
Except for those pesky tiktokers…once he realized he may have been seen any notion of a clean getaway probably triggered paranoia and a flight response.

Yes it does, it's the unlawful killing of one person by another. I am confused by why you don't think it is.

Homicide simply means that the death was caused by another person. There are lawful (or justifiable) homicides. (I do not believe that applies here, however.) The investigation into the cause of death elaborates on whether the homicide was justifiable or not.

It's Gabby's home...figure after she was found they would HAVE to visit HER home. I get that it is easy to conflate that with his parents, but it was her home. It is completely logical and understandable that they would need to check it out, separate from anything related to his parents' actions. But we most certainly do not yet know. As far as I am aware, the warrant or request for that visit is yet to be released.
Whew! The FBI doesn't fool around -- going in & around with weapons drawn & ready. If this didn't alarm his parents, what would?
Don't they know that they would act in kind if/when they found their son???

Again, he has to pay for data use and calls/texts. And keep it charged. How is he doing this if he’s out in the wilderness?

Good question! hmmm...prepaid phone cards?
He would need the ability to charge it.

Means of death: Homicide.

Homicide does not equal murder in this case (yet).

(Reposting this first part from yesterday)

MANNER OF DEATH is classified by coroners in one of six ways. I found HERE some definitions that helped clarify the differences -
  • Natural= Death due solely to natural disease.
  • Accident= An unexpected or unforeseen death due to injury.
  • Suicide= Death resulting from intentional self-inflicted act.
  • Homicide= Death as a result of a volitional act committed by another person (e.g. injury, poisoning).
  • Undetermined= Manner of death used when the information pointing to one manner of death is no more compelling than another.
  • Pending investigation

Putting together pieces from a couple different sources, (and please feel free to correct me if I've missed anything important!) the different TYPES OF HOMICIDE include:
  • murder
    • first degree / aggravated - homicide committed with premeditation and deliberation. Even though an intention to kill is not necessary, first-degree murder implies that the defendant had “an element of coolness, of calm reflection.”
    • second degree - an intentional killing that is not premeditated or planned, but is committed by a person having a depraved heart or mind, such as killing in the heat of the moment or a killing that results from an intent to cause serious bodily harm. In both situations, the killer is not intending to kill his victim, but he knows that death is a likely outcome of his actions.
  • manslaughter - instances where the accused did not plan the crime nor did he or she intend for the victim to die because of his or her actions. Manslaughter charges usually arise out of accidental circumstances where a person died because of criminally negligent or reckless conduct. It can also refer to an unintentional killing through the commission of a crime other than a felony

• justifiable homicide - killing in self-defense during an unprovoked, unlawful attack

So yes, while this has legally been declared a homicide, it has not yet been declared murder.

They only had a camera recording for one of the times they passed the vehicle. On that pass, the van was on their left. Not sure why that would be weird.

No, they showed the van twice? For the second pass, the van appears to be on the other side.

Correct. We on Long Island know what he looks like and are always keeping an eye out just in case

This is not the area for someone on the run to hide, I don't know why folks think that would even be an option for this guy. Not only would civilians be on high alert, but there's a lot of security cameras, facial recognition, etc.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JeremyHarrisTV/status/1440714458821632008

You are wrong. Family confirmed that investigators made the cross where Gabby's remains were recovered. Everyone thinks the pop up canopy LE put up and tree area near the road is where she was but anyone watching lives knew that wasn't the case.
She was right in the spot where the cross now is as family has confirmed.
Does anyone familiar with that area know how much the water level in the creek fluctuates or if it rained in the weeks before the 26th?

I'm wondering if the body was actually placed in the water and by the time it was found the water level had gone down.

Curious why you think he is suicidal?
I think he will attempt to hide.
I get the distinct impression that they know he's there. If he's there, then it's an absolutely miserable place to hide out (mosquitos, heat, humidity, alligators, lack of food by now).

I just think a living person would have turned up by now.

I think he went there, uncertain of what his next move was. I wouldn't be surprised if he ultimately decided to end it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214