Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #25

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
First time poster but very quickly turning addict here.

If the story of packing up that camper shell are true and they were gone for 2 to 3 days... he could be stashed up with a lot of food and supplies somewhere within a 1 to 1.5 day drive. Or could have paid cash for a beat up car off the record to keep driving. All the reports of neighbors seeing him seem to have been in the first few days after the 9/1 return. Sounds like this trip was the weekend of the 10th.

Mobile is about an 8.5 hour drive and there was talk of some spottings around there, even if the homeless guy that was found dead in Tillmans Corner wasn't him.

Houston is about a 15 hour drive, Nashville 11 1/2 hours, DC 14 1/2 hours. Lots of remote places they could have driven to that weekend and no one I believe has verified he's been in Florida since other than the parents saying he went hiking Tuesday the 14th.

I really hope that as soon as I hit post the reload shows BL was found in that swamp.

FOX NEWS w/ Margaret MacCallum at 3:08 ET - Interview with neighbors who moved across the street from Brian, Gabby and his parents in June but did not/ do not “know” them: Neighbor said they saw the son and parents stock with supplies, a newly bought camper which fits down into the bed of a pickup truck and hangs over the cab. Then the 3 of them went on a “couple or 3 day trip together”… which the neighbors said they thoughts was odd for a son that age to go away with his parents in a tiny camper such as that. This was a few weeks ago after Brian returned from trip with Gabby, according to neighbors.
The camper is a pop up. Here’s a pic of how they look.

Attachments

• 15339A71-248B-4CCA-B670-B5B5384E33CF.jpeg
    15339A71-248B-4CCA-B670-B5B5384E33CF.jpeg
    40.6 KB · Views: 111
My guess is that he said this in an attempt to avoid them being separated. MOO

I agree but at the time it charges were being discussed. The women's shelter could not take her because she was considered the aggressor. The officer was even explaining HER court appearance to HIM? What? The officer called and the shelter paid for the room. Then 4-5 days later he flies home and BL & GP foot the bill for her to stay in a hotel for a week? Her dad ordered her UberEats during this time so she could eat because she lost WiFi. This is the week (almost entire time) between the body cam footage and her death so it feels really important.

Why are their friends, her friends, his friends not speaking up. At 22, 23, you may not tell your parents everything but you'd tell your friends. Also, with all the fights, disagreements did Gabby ever tell her parents? Did she call and tell anyone about the Moab police incident?
Yes. Her mother turned over several texts about the relationship souring to the FBI. Can't find source but story was this AM.

In reading the story "A manager at the restaurant told Fox News that the business is "super busy during summer" and couldn’t recall the incident.". It couldn't have been that big a deal if it only happened a couple of weeks ago. MOO

Found it:

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses

So now we see more of a timeline for BL's slow decompensation (a technical term for the loss of a rational, decision-making mind). Acting out in a restaurant is not cool. It's not normal. It was noticed (the person who noticed is an instagrammer and professional photographer).

I suspect that after the August 12, he went back home for what developmental psychologists call "refueling" by his parents. He got himself together (but not completely, he was probably slowly losing it throughout the trip).

I am now waiting for the parents to take off in that camper van...

Is there anybody left after watching Nina Celie Angelo's spliced video who still thinks Brian Laundrie is this nice, calm, quiet guy? Having had the displeasure of knowing a malignant narcissist and a psychopath, both males, I think after seeing portions of the MOAB police body cam footage and now Nina's story about the Jackson, WY restaurant between 1-2 PM on August 27, it's a lot easier to piece this together. MOO

So, I was out driving listening to The Story with Martha MacCallum. She was interviewing a neighbor of the Laundries. Did anyone see it before I put out false information? It was really important..

ETA it was today and the information has not been reported before.

His parents had to have known about these conditions—why wait even one minute to report him missing when they ‘discovered’ the Mustang?

Exactly. They had to either know he was safe, or know that his legal situation was as perilous as the gators, rattlesnakes and swarming skeeters to have allowed an overnight to pass if the last communication was he was going for a hike. IMO.

I hope he is safe in an accomplice’s home, perhaps a snowbird friend of the family.

Wherever he is, I hope that everyone who contributed to Gabby’s death and who contributed to delaying justice faces justice.

An unplanned trip to PLAN something?
Possibly thought LE was watching the house(too bad they weren’t )Love to pull all Walmart videos around where they camped or passed along the way. Hmm. You know, cash purchases for survival stuff.

I’m just glad the neighbors shared this nugget!
After all FBI has asked everyone who has any info to contact them.

MOO
Or a trip to get rid of evidence?

So BL flies to FL to move their stuff into storage from Aug. 17 - Aug. 23, then someone sees BL driving around Spread Creek camping area alone, being weird, on Aug. 26th, then GP and BL are together at a restaurant in Jackson around 1-2pm on Aug. 27, BL now acting agitated, then the van is seen parked randomly back at the campground by 6pm on the 27th and gone by the 29th. Is this correct?

Are we sure BL is not a drug user?

And if it was as bad as they now say why didn’t the restaurant call police to report it?
Incidents like that happen all the time in restaurants, maybe the only one finally connecting the couple to the case was the girl who reported it recently. The harassed hostess probably remembers, but may not have been following the case to connect it. jmo

this WY restaurant story is nothing much IMO other than narrowing the date of homicide down more.

they couldn't hear what was being discussed, said he wasn't screaming, and said all the workers were women (most servers/hostess are female).

also shows how BL parents basically finance him. seems like an expensive place for 2 ppl that are unemployed.

Hi everyone. I haven’t been in Websleuths for so long. So apologies if this isn’t the correct spot to post this or if it has been answered already. Where was Gabby’s body found in relation to that YouTube dash cam video of the van at the side of the road? Does anyone know?

I think it's about 600 feet away...her weight has been reported as 100-110 pounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member