Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with the original question that it could be informative to know what Gabby was doing during those six days.
I can't say for sure, but I've seen comments saying she was editing the Van Life video &/or working on her website. This makes potential sense to me as it can be super time consuming to edit video &/or build a website. Plus, the Van Life video was posted August 19 to YouTube (i.e., during the period he was apparently away).

I keep thinking about her saying to the police, "he doesn't think I can do it." Maybe while he was away she wanted to show what she could do.

JMO!

In terms of exes, he might not have any? I know plenty of 23 year olds who didn't have past relationships, or even a first relationship at that age. I don't find that too strange. I think a lot of people here are misjudging what it's like to be 23 years old - and I'm not necessarily sympathising with BL here - but I've seen a lot of comments calling him 'extraordinarily immature for a 23 year old' and so on. Maybe my part of the world is different, but it's really not unusual to have only had one relationship at that age where I'm from. I think a lot of 23 year olds are 'immature' - that's just a fact of the matter imo. Maybe it's different in the US, but I don't expect a 23 year old to 'have their life sorted out' or have a great deal of experience in terms of work, relationships, or indeed, life. You're just out of university/college at that age, if you went. If you don't, you may have even less life experience. It's young.

And they were high school sweethearts, which means most of their socializing was between themselves, especially considering he was possessive and didn't want her to go out without him.

I would be exactly the same, 'their cat goes out around 6 am, he leaves for work about 8ish, sometimes they don't shut off their porch light'. . . . . .. Maybe i'm old in saying this but where is MRS KRAVITZ in this neighborhood.
LOL I'm quite the observer but I don't gossip about the neighbors, just watch them..lol

Yep that period of time is somewhat blank in my timeline and has been

I’m wondering if her Van was parked inside the garage so as not to bring attention to it? Their driveway was pretty full with 2 vehicles and the camper.
This van is owned by GP, correct? Florida plates? Was the Laundrie parents address on her DL? I’m surprised LE didn’t take the opportunity to arrest BL on the spot for stealing her van.

Brian Laundrie 'living in hell' if he's at Sarasota County's Carlton Reserve

Alligators, black bears, clouds of gnawing insects. Two different types of rattlesnakes. Coyotes, bobcats and panthers. Everything is wet, almost nothing is edible, and safe drinking water is nowhere to be found.

If Brian Laundrie actually is deep in the Florida wilderness, a survival expert in Sarasota said that by now, he's either dead or in very bad shape.

“If he's down there in the Carlton Reserve, he's living in hell,” local survival expert Mark Burrow said.

Burrow said if authorities haven't found evidence yet that Laundrie was in Carlton Reserve, that means he probably never was. By now, police should have seen either tracks leading to him or signs that he was eaten.

With heavy rain in recent days, starting a fire will be nearly impossible. It's also the wrong season for foraging edible plants, Burrow said.

He said Laundrie may be able to scavenge leftovers from a predator's kill. There also are freshwater clams and snails he could collect. Fishing is another possibility.

“People have been making a big deal of the alligators and the snakes,” Burrow said. “But it's dehydration that's the real danger.”

For at least one to two months out of the year Mabry Carlton Reserve closes due to flooding on many trails. Now, if his car was parked in the parking lot the reserve must have at least been open at the time. What bugs me is not so much the closure due to flooding but the fact BL's supposed escape into this particular reserve has disrupted routines of the regular reserve patrons and SCORR riders.

Yes, regulars can go to any of the nearby parks like Deer Prairie Creek, Jelks, Sleeping Turtles North...I had to do that once myself.

I forgot which thread I mentioned this, 5 or 6 years ago we were planning on doing Mabry Carlton only to find the parking lot empty except for two police cars parked there!

My hinky meter went off and I was like "Let's go to Deer Prairie Creek instead" to my husband.

All of a sudden, my feeling is, "I guess I would not want to live there after all", regardless if BL is in fact really in reserve boundaries or not.

Most of the reports use adjectives like "explosive," and "aggressive" but fail to include the bit that he was reportedly NOT yelling. I'd love to see an "explosive and aggressive" argument that didn't involve yelling. Sounds like a comedy bit, to be honest.
It’s hard to know what to believe now. Everything will come out though.

Add this point I don’t think it is breaking the law as BL has not been charged with anything.
This is such a gray area. I mean, the FBI has asked for information about him. So where would you stand legally if you were sheltering him? It sure seems to me it would be a legal issue but Im not an attorney.

Most of the reports use adjectives like "explosive," and "aggressive" but fail to include the bit that he was reportedly NOT yelling. I'd love to see an "explosive and aggressive" argument that didn't involve yelling. Sounds like a comedy bit, to be honest.
Well, it said not "screaming", which is a step way up from yelling.

Just something to consider...
I've looked through all the photos of Brian's possessions and artwork.
He was particularly obsessed with noilculture based in South Korea.
Besides 'dark' art, they also have specialized tattoos that only last 1-2 weeks but more importantly a tattoo marker. I wonder if Brian did his tattoo himself. Tattoo artists - do the tattoos appear legit?

Freehand Tattoo Marker

Would LE conduct a large scale search in a very specific area without compelling evidence or testimony that Brian could be there?

Who's the lead on this search, the local police? There's been a lot of criticism in their handling of Brian and their role in this case. It'd be foolish of them to gear up like jungle commandos for the sake of trying to sway public opinion.

So there must be something we don't know (and isn't there always) that's justified the scope of this search. It seems kind of Keystone Cops to me, but who knows.

The thing about the camper and the parents possibly heading out on a trip with Brian is, if that's true, then LE is way off course. He's going to be in the woods where he's most at home and sheltering somewhere known to him. I don't think he would choose Florida. He's more of an Appalachian Trails guy.

I'm stepping back and am going to focus on prayer for everyone involved in this case. No news or social media during a much needed one week fast.

You're all great sleuths. I am grateful for the balance I'm seeing in these discussions.

I think they're following up on the last known lead, as LE does. But I don't think anyone is truly optimistic.

Couple thoughts. You may not agree.

I think we’re giving way to much weight that the parents helped him escape from this camping story from the neighbor. They would have to know they’d be on camera somewhere driving him to airport or other places based on theories here.

Let’s say he didn’t do it. The other thought and this goes to Brian’s mindset. His IG says “brainwashed” by the media in the description. He clearly has strong views on things and potentially knew the media would convict him before a trial which makes what he’s doing now not at all odd to him, but to us. He clearly trusts no one.
Well the FBI would like to speak with him and he'd do well to show up for them if he gets the message.

3 people went camping in that? It’s barely big enough for 2. I think this is when they took the opportunity to talk about his escape plan, scope places out and drop off days worth of supplies.
IMO
Pretty sure that IF someone/s were either aware of something really bad they needed to discuss (or cover), or just wanted to get away for a couple days, they would gave no big ie squeezing 3 people into a space built for two. That would not be a time for demanding Ritz Carton levels of space or luxury.

I doubt if anybody saw him after the media descended.
That would not be unusual.

From what I can tell, the media didn't really descend to their house until the evening of September 14. Brian Entin recorded his first livestream that night and he's been there pretty much as early as anyone. By that point, the Mustang and Brian (we now know) were already gone.

If anyone can show me a throng of media outside his house before that point in time, that'd be great because we'd have a better understanding how he escaped or if he escaped on that Tuesday.

Of interest... The footage at the beginning of their video on Youtube appears to be taken at the Bonneville Salt Flats. It's a couple hour drive from Salt Lake. Is there any record of them travelling in Salt Lake previously?
They might have gone through SLC on their previous trip, but drone footage shows their van, which means it had to have been recorded this trip (but before Aug 19, when the video was posted on YouTube). Sometime after leaving Moab (Aug 13?) and before getting to SLC/Fairfield Inn (Aug 19?) would make most sense with their route (MAP).

Attachments

• saltflats.jpg
    saltflats.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 40
  • map8.jpg
    map8.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics