Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Gabby would have EVER settled for THAT SPOT as a place to “camp”. There was nothig good about it…..

Why not? Open the back doors and you are looking at the sunset and spread creek. There's a babbling creek 20' from you which sounded pretty sweet to me in the video where the reporter walked over that area and then to the crime scene. Better than parking in a cracker barrel parking lot or a truck stop.

That's not how self defense works. You can only use the same amount of force used against you. So if someone shoves you, you can shove back to get them away. You cannot murder them.
I am glad that you mentioned that. Some men really do think that if a woman slaps them, they have every right to beat her up with fists.

IMO, the van ownership is important in that BL well knew who owned that van. Not him. And he took the van and drove back to Florida in HER van leaving her in Wyoming. Hard to believe that she’d give him permission to take that van and take it back to his parents’ place without her. That, to me, is an important piece of evidence, though circumstantial that BL knew that GP was NOT going to go after him about taking the van. She was dead.
He had a clear ride home!
Nobody was gonna stop him.

Just pure speculation.

I just saw John Walsh on FoxNews say that it was the parents who went to the Mustang (Not that I believe anything the parents say) and left a note to BL pleading with him to not hurt himself. I'm not sure if this is true, but it seems that Walsh has connections on the inside and he may have been given this information.

I know there's been quite a bit of speculation being thrown around but for the most part I think he's a reliable source, IMO

They're still behaving like he's in that area; I can only assume it's based on something substantial, and not merely because of his car being there, and what his family had to say.

The passage of time doesn't really diminish the odds of him being in that area (for me), but it greatly decreases the odds that they are looking for a living person.

That area is vast, unforgiving, filled with water, and is basically a searcher's nightmare. It would probably be easy to miss a body.

My hope continues to be that he is in fact alive and on the run, but I'm really not confident that's the case.

If they don't find him in the next couple days, then there's a decent chance we're talking about this years from now, and it becomes an enduring mystery.

There is that possibility. If, say, there actually was some sort of suicide note.... LE would not be telling us anything about it. That would explain the intensity of the search.

On the other hand, Given that I still believe there were other plans of escape that could be executed, and he is simply not in the Reserve.... a suicide note could be another decoy....

John Walsh is on CNN. He’s on a roll…not buying the parent’s story or that BL is where they are searching. That neighbors report about the three day trip has really set him off.

Here's what I'm not understanding: dog lady says the van is parked at Spread Creek on the 28th, but gone by the 29th. If we believe the tiktok story about him hitchhiking late day on the 29th, then where was the van?

Also, he wanted to go to Jackson, so what difference would it make if tiktok said they were going to Jackson Hole? Jackson is in the Jackson Hole valley, isn't it?

What time did dog lady see the van? I think going to Jackson Hole was an excuse to get closer to the van location and the he made up that whole story about going the wrong way.

Why not? Open the back doors and you are looking at the sunset and spread creek. There's a babbling creek 20' from you which sounded pretty sweet to me in the video where the reporter walked over that area and then to the crime scene. Better than parking in a cracker barrel parking lot or a truck stop.

I thought they were camping in a tent and not sleeping in the van.

OKAAAY,
BUT he was in possession of a van belonging to a missing person and it was an ongoing search... and her father had made a complaint...
What then?
They have it now.
Joe Murray, former cop and now an attorney, answered a question wanting to know if Laundrie could be picked up on some other charge (besides the murder of GP), purportedly to get him into custody. A proposed scenario included his driving GP's van. Murray said it would not be enough because the two of them (Gabby and Brian) were engaged, living together, and may have had an agreement to share the van, regardless of who the van was titled to. End of van discussion -- from me, anyway.

Yes, I'm having a hard time reconciling this as well as I believe in the 26th sighting of them in Victor asking about Yellowstone and the store person suggesting the West Gate. I really think they did go to Yellowstone at some point. I don't see why they'd go to Victor and not proceed to Yellowstone.
He's driving so he's in control. She has plans to meet her friend in Yellowstone but she can't meet her there if he doesn't take her there. He drives towards Spread creek, away from Yellowstone, over her objections. He does not want her to meet up with her friend.

@KristinThorne

A funeral home on Long Island tells us Gabby’s funeral is set for Sunday. The lawyer for the Petito Family tells me, “As of now, there is no set plans until Gabby’s father brings her home. I will let you know when that decision is made.”

We better hope to God they have a strong forensic case. If the evidence is primarily circumstantial and his attorney chooses the right jury, he could walk. We've seen it before. I'm afraid he will try to excuse his behavior as the trauma of a 23-year-old who accidentally killed his girlfriend in self-defense. (Remember, the cops gave him the free hotel room.) If they can make that case, the bizarre timelines, and camping trips and parents and swamp-hiding may not matter.
I’ve seen people not even get charged when the. evidence was so circumstantial. Because DA knows can’t win the case, or highly unlikely. Seen such cases also result in loss for the state Also, I’ve seen such cases lose on appeal when there is too much circumstantial evidence.

That BL is a young man without a whole lot of sense or experience, that I do not believe he planned to murder Gabby, he likely left evidence. That he was able to hold off search for Gabby and not be questioned for so long is, however, on his side. He also has had plenty of time to clear out incriminating things that might have been in that van where they were living all of this time. He’s had professional advice that has warded off a lot of inquiries So we will see. I’m sure LE has a lot more than we know here.

people have stated over and over again that he didn’t work and was living off her. We know they both worked at Public and the juice bar. We know his parents let them live in their home- assumption is to save money so they could travel. Sounds like both BL and GP were in the same boat when it came to finances and living with parents.

i can say those things as what seem to be facts of the case (i don’t know they didn’t have to pay living expenses while there) and ALSO think he is guilty of killing her. Wild how that works.

I really truly believe, the more their friends and aquaintances speak out---we will see that they were hard-working to save money for this big trip, and living comfortably with the parents so they could save their money...

I just saw John Walsh on FoxNews say that it was the parents who went to the Mustang (Not that I believe anything the parents say) and left a note to BL pleading with him to not hurt himself. I'm not sure if this is true, but it seems that Walsh has connections on the inside and he may have been given this information.

I know there's been quite a bit of speculation being thrown around but for the most part I think he's a reliable source, IMO
And yet, I've read today that John Walsh said that he personally doesn't think that Brian Laundrie is suicidal. He think that the parents helped him escape somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crainkd