Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #26

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know the dates Gabby and Brian were in Moab?
AFAIK the only confirmed dates would be Aug 9th through 13th? August 9th because she posted about Delicate arch hike on a monday and 13th because they spent the night of the 12th. There are pics from Canyonlands (which is basically Moab from July 30th though).

This is from the article you mentioned. The Manager hasn't confirmed it was them.

.....Angelo said it did not appear that Laundrie was on drugs, and he was "not screaming." But he was behaving aggressively with the restaurant staff, a waitress, a hostess and the manager – all women......

A manager at the restaurant told Fox News that the business is "super busy during summer" and couldn’t recall the incident.....

Brian Laundrie argued in Wyoming restaurant hours before Gabby Petito vanished: eyewitnesses
Thanks. Like I said, IMO they are a pretty generic looking young couple but not stand outs. I think the lady who reported the incident said her boyfriend woke up in the middle of the night "screaming" that he had figured out who BL was.

Last edited:
IF i had just done something really bad and had complete anxiety or stress, I would want to sit alone and rock in a closet with hangers and ruminate and retrace every step i'd taken in the last 3 weeks, not have to engage in any type of interaction, except the madness of my own mind. I don't think he cared about 'last good byes' or anything sentimental at all. But that's JMO.
Love the image of rocking in a closet. True that.
Perhaps he needed to come home and let Mommy and Daddy provide guidance also known as a Get Out of Jail Free card.

I originally thought killing her took more than one day, if that's what happened, because of his movements and actions from the 27th to the 29th. Especially since he was spotted driving so slowly and "acting weird" by eye witnesses.

I saw the crime scene photos last night of the log marked "16" by LE and that definitely looks like drops of blood on that log. One below the 16, and two above it. So now I"m not so sure it took a long time to kill her, whoever did it. There are a lot of marks on pieces of wood and rock so potentially, maybe a lot of blood and evidence. The autopsy results will probably tell us a lot about what happened.

I'm also at the point where I think BL probably offed himself. He probably has no future outside of jail, where ever he may be hiding, and that might have sunk in for him. It would not be such a tragedy if he did, IMO. Save the taxpayers a lot of money paying for a long trial and his life in jail. They can still find out a lot from the autopsy, from evidence at the scene, and more witness accounts will probably come out.

IMO

IMO, they wouldn't leave any type of blood evidence like that at the scene. It may be something else, like marking paint. Can you post a link to the log pic/pics?

Very good observation. They are victims so I guess questioning their behavior has been deemed inappropriate. But I, too, have thought about this and want an answer.

All I can think of is maybe some other crisis or serious life situation came up at the same time? It is odd. BL haD extra time to make plans/escape due to the reporting delay, which is very unfortunate.

GB's family says they were stonewalled by his family but I don't think we know if the 1st week in Sept. they were in touch and then the stonewalling started.

Just my speculation & opinions.
I think the parents may have done (or lack of it) because of the last text they received from GP saying there was no service in Yosemite (fake text or not). Plus, I will speculate that they were in the process of letting go of the reigns so she could her own decisions and follow her own direction in life without the parental tether. As a mom myself, I needed to learn to be less of a Momma Bear and certainly remember that not so long ago, I was Hurting my kids' ability to Fly on their own. They did fly and they are good, I just love when they reach out now for advice.

Labor day was 9/6 this year. So Labor Day weekend 9/4 - 9/6

That would make sense. It was the following Saturday, the 11th when LE showed up to seize the van and were at the same time handed the attorney info.

September 11
After not being able to get in touch with her, Ms Petito's family, who lives in New York, reported her missing on Saturday evening to the Suffolk County, New York, Police Department.

North Port authorities went to Mr Laundrie's home on Saturday night asking to speak to him and his family but "we were essentially handed the information for their attorney," Josh Taylor, the police spokesperson, said.

A timeline of missing 22-year-old Gabby Petito's case (9news.com.au)

I don't know where they camped the night of the 25th, anyone know? But he was seen pulling into that particular spot by the lady with dog on the 26th, no Gabby in sight. Then seen again (the van, door opening/closing) on the 27th, and again on the 28th by dog lady. So I'd like to know where they were the night of the 25th. I haven't been paying too much attention lately, maybe it's been posted. So far I doubt they camped there before the 26th.
Hi @NuttMegg. Per @oviedo's timeline on page 1 (of this and other threads) is this:
AUG 25 - Couple spots van at 5pm at Jenny Lake - alerts LE 9/17 they saw it

Last edited:
So, no employees or anyone else remembers the incident. This witnesses coming out of the woodwork must be considered suspect considering the lack of corroboration.
It's been reported differently in other reports though. Can't seem to find them. I suppose its possible they were removed because not true, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AussyDog