Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't strike me as odd in any way.

Don't lots of people go to TGI Friday's, or Applebees, or similar, with lots of children in the party at times? These are all technically part-bar.

Sometimes the best restaurant in town, and/or with the best/only vegan food options, are restaurants attached to bars. In some communities, it's the only place that's open at a certain time.

Plus, less competing noises (the later it is, the less likely it is that cars and human cries of glee from people on the sidewalk, are going to be a factor that ears have to rule out along the way; because eventually people go to bed and take themselves out of the equation).

The millions of varied things people have said about this call probably have my head aching at this point, lol; but still, I thought we were pretty clear as to why Gabby's mother thought it was odd, "She never called him Stan."

I was assuming that Gabby's mother's unspoken continuation of the statement was, "She never called him Stan... but Brian certainly might'."

Lastly, I thought Gabby's mother in fact said her father's name IS "Stan"; thus using it as an acronym for an emergency situation would, IMO, be super weird.
Gabby's grandfather is named Stan, doesn't mean that Gabby didn't try to use it to signal help especially if BL was watching/controlling what she was sending and who she was sending it to

No.

Family spokesman for #GabbyPetito confirms to
@CBSNews
this cross was made by investigators at the site where she was found dead
https://twitter.com/Dannielle_Garci/status/1440747124300271625?s=20
That is the original cross.

This is the newer cross
Gabby Petito: Dive teams arrive at Carlton Reserve in search for Brian Laundrie: LIVE UPDATES

“Gary Rider, a friend of Gabby’s stepfather Jim Schmidt, said the pair had visited the site on Wednesday and that they had left some flowers next to the other cross.

“We did go – the small cross with flowers was made by Jim and myself,” Mr Rider told The Independent.

“That larger cross was not done by anyone connected with the search or recovery of Gabby.””

Gabby Petito: Stepfather lays flowers at site where YouTuber’s body was found

He walked out, he walked back into the restaurant probably four more times.”

Thanks, Nina Celie Angelo goes on in the instagram stories to state she's now been cyberbullied now and called an attention-seeker and of fabricating or exaggerating the events. That means she will probably be critiqued further (years on the net will prove it true lol)!
I have seen people disparaging her looks, overuse of an IG filter, the 'like' usage, 'hyperbolic' manner, and swearing. *sigh* This probably means that if she's interviewed by media again, she will be more cautious in tone and manner, which may not lead to as 'fresh' a recollection.

If the FBI etc is doing a good job they will conduct full interviews with the staff, other patrons, and this couple, to help with the timeline/trial...

Reading this version of events does raise eyebrows in terms of what is truthful or not.

The things that concern me is the fact she states she was so close yet her story has an enormous amount of holes. This isn’t an official interview but she remembers the fact he comes in and out four times - remembers he was aggressive and shouting but doesn’t mention anything about what was said or the overal context behind the event.

Even if she was conveniently in the toilet beforehand and came out to see it unfolding - an argument like that you can work it out pretty fast. Even if he had time to come in and out 4 times and even when she came in to appologise.

Ive witnessed things like this in the past and understood pretty quick from a few seconds of hearing a raised voice.

Online cyber bullying is going to be common place sadly as a lot of people online don’t know how to express their concerns properly and resort to attack someone. I personally would like to see this as a constructive time to ask questions about her statement to the media.

like others said - she needs to be sat down and asked in a calmer manner (which I fully understand police would have done). Her story is extremely weak for me and can easily paint a picture to fit an agenda.

Although sadly here a young girl is dead and the police body cameras clearly shows something was seriously wrong at the event afterwards.

Yep. Originally I thought he was going into the preserve to kill himself. But that was what his parents wanted us all to believe. It was a ruse, imo. They packed a bag for their little golden boy and dropped him off somewhere safe.

Hopefully the Federal Marshall Fugitive Task Force is sussing him out as we speak.

It will be very interesting how this all shakes out IMO

I don't expect him to remain "missing" for long.

Reading this version of events does raise eyebrows in terms of what is truthful or not.

The things that concern me is the fact she states she was so close yet her story has an enormous amount of holes. This isn’t an official interview but she remembers the fact he comes in and out four times - remembers he was aggressive and shouting but doesn’t mention anything about what was said or the overal context behind the event.

Even if she was conveniently in the toilet beforehand and came out to see it unfolding - an argument like that you can work it out pretty fast. Even if he had time to come in and out 4 times and even when she came in to appologise.

Ive witnessed things like this in the past and understood pretty quick from a few seconds of hearing a raised voice.

Online cyber bullying is going to be common place sadly as a lot of people online don’t know how to express their concerns properly and resort to attack someone. I personally would like to see this as a constructive time to ask questions about her statement to the media.

like others said - she needs to be sat down and asked in a calmer manner (which I fully understand police would have done). Her story is extremely weak for me and can easily paint a picture to fit an agenda.

Although sadly here a young girl is dead and the police body cameras clearly shows something was seriously wrong at the event afterwards.
Even IF her story has holes in it, it does not mean that the basis of what that woman told cops is factual.

I've seen some people claim that STAN could have meant "send the authorities now" Anybody have thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that while it is a clever acronym, it makes no sense as a message from Gabby to her mother. If she and her mom had a code that if she wrote STAN, it meant "send the authorities now," then her mother would have sent the authorities. Right then. Which would mean that her mother would need her location.
IMO the obvious is obvious. It was a ploy by BL to fake a text from Gabby as proof all was well, but he instinctively referred to her grandfather as Stan. He didn't call him grandpa like Gabby would, I presume.
He inadvertently alerted Gabby's mother that something was wrong, which was the opposite of his intent.

I camped illegally on the AT several times when it was getting dark and I felt I wouldn’t make it to camp. Me, 2-person tent, hanging bear bag, and my 80-lb pit bull. Nobody passing by bothered us. JME.
[We're discussing whether others would notice and/or care....]
Me, too. But when I did it on the banks of the Potomac along the C&O canal, I turned off my headlamp immediately, lest LE patrol boats on the river spotted me. I didn't use my stove, either. It was pitch black. Good thing I couldn't see a worth a darn, either, since I got mini crawdads and sand in, like, everything.
But I believe those numbered dispersed areas in the National Forest in a busy area like the Tetons would be patrolled, especially since there's a stay limit. And, as we've seen in this case, people notice! Largely, I'd guess, because there so few spots, and they've carefully looked at every single one of them. People check other campers out for safety reasons, too.
IME AT hikers are more relaxed about the idea of plonking pretty much anywhere for the night.

Last edited:
I've seen some people claim that STAN could have meant "send the authorities now" Anybody have thoughts on this?

My thoughts are that while it is a clever acronym, it makes no sense as a message from Gabby to her mother. If she and her mom had a code that if she wrote STAN, it meant "send the authorities now," then her mother would have sent the authorities. Right then. Which would mean that her mother would need her location.
IMO the obvious is obvious. It was a ploy by BL to fake a text from Gabby as proof all was well, but he instinctively referred to her grandfather as Stan. He didn't call him grandpa like Gabby would, I presume.
He inadvertently alerted Gabby's mother that something was wrong, which was the opposite of his intent.

Yeah, "going back in four times" to yell at the waitress, etc., certainly doesn't make me think that Brian was in any way compos mentis.

In fact, it seems a lot more like Brian was capable of such towering rages that no one could calm him down. :(

To feel the need to double back four times in order to keep 'having the last word'... he's had "five last words" by that time.
It's not normal to do that once, let alone 4 times. That's really concerning, and explains a lot.

Can't keep up ...

She didn’t say she had never driven the van…she said he usually drives the van. There are photos and video of her driving the van.

mo

BBM. Where is the link to support that claim?

The 911 call report includes something about Gabby not wanting to drive her own van.

I wonder why Gabby bought a van that she seems reluctant to drive, and ... was I seeing straight about Brian's parents purchasing a new van for a September long weekend outing?

Gabby bought a travel van for fun with Brian? His parents bought a van after she was murdered, but before she was reported missing 16 days later? They went on a long weekend outing knowing something was amiss between their son and their 2 year tenant - his girlfriend?

More importantly, why did she ask her father to buy her a van that she didn't want to drive?

Where was Brian on the night of August 12/13? Was he in the Moab area?

It's not normal to do that once, let alone 4 times. That's really concerning, and explains a lot.
It speaks volumes about BL's demeanor, maybe it was just females that he was the worst with and he tried to be buddy buddy with other men. IMO
Either way, it was another chance for someone to step up and help Gabby and nobody did. It sucks.

It doesn't confuse me.

I live in Manhattan and I've seen plenty of loud shouting matches on the subway where I couldn't tell you the inciting incident; because I couldn't hear them until they raised their voices, and thus have no idea what they were saying before they so did.

Maybe Brian was mouth-frothingly incoherent; or the bystander doesn't want to say because she doesn't know the full story. This doesn't mean she doesn't know 75% of the story.

I know where was he that week Aug 17 -23..
Just don't buy the storage unit excuse
so she is in the hotel....and he is off doing what?

Jail? I checked SLC
Hiking?
GP sick? Maybe she was feeling ill and needed a/c
Flight? Maybe parent made him..so only a one way ticket?

baffled...

I don't know where he was, but considering that Gabby told the police she was overwhelmed and had been doing all that working, I'm thinking that she was really behind on videos and posting. It would seem like to me, they might have decided to slow the trip down, stay at the hotel for a week, and she could work on her videos in a nice place with internet and security. And he'd maybe go home to check on things? During that time frame, two long videos get posted on tiktok. I don't know about anywhere else. They were posted 8/20. Before that, they hadn't posted in like a month on tiktok. I think they'd done better, putting up some pics on instagram.

I wish we knew what they told her parents because they didn't seem alarmed by any of it or by her being alone for a week out there. At least no one has said that in interviews. You'd think someone would be like, "And he stranded her for a week on her own to deal with storage!" But no one has said that. If he left my daughter alone like that, I'd be telling reporters.

But then again, why did the uncle have that written down if it didn't happen? I'd love to hear what the hotel had to say about it.

Can't keep up ...

BBM. Where is the link to support that claim?

The 911 call report includes something about Gabby not wanting to drive her own van.

I wonder why Gabby bought a van that she seems reluctant to drive, and ... was I seeing straight about Brian's parents purchasing a new van for a September long weekend outing?

Gabby bought a travel van for fun with Brian? His parents bought a van after she was murdered, but before she was reported missing 16 days later? They went on a long weekend outing knowing something was amiss between their son and their 2 year tenant - his girlfriend?

More importantly, why did she ask her father to buy her a van that she didn't want to drive?

Where was Brian on the night of August 12/13? Was he in the Moab area?
About Gabby's van: it could easily have been BL that convinced her to be uncomfortable driving it, as for the van BL's parents got, it could have been a way to transport stuff for BL to go on the run or into hiding somewhere

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214