Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #27

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Where? I read multiple articles that stated such

It does not look "new" and multiple articles have said LE did not put it there. The sources are in this thread and others before it.

And IMO, it would be weird if they did make that cross. It's a religious symbol, and they are busy people, why would they do that? They are trained not to get personally involved in cases they are working. It would be strange if they stopped their work to make a cross out of rocks. That's a personal thing.

“Gary Rider, a friend of Gabby’s stepfather Jim Schmidt, said the pair had visited the site on Wednesday and that they had left some flowers next to the other cross.

“We did go – the small cross with flowers was made by Jim and myself,” Mr Rider told The Independent.

“That larger cross was not done by anyone connected with the search or recovery of Gabby.””

Gabby Petito: Stepfather lays flowers at site where YouTuber’s body was found
And there you have it when MSM don't agree.
Which do you believe?

Hence why I said “I know you don’t have to drink alcohol while at a bar.”
Choosing a bar over a coffee place or restaurant still strikes me as odd. JMO.
What’s odd about it? It doesn’t strike me as odd at all. There could have been several reasons why they chose that establishment. It was on Trip Advisor? Who knows? I don’t think where they stopped for lunch has any bearing on her ultimate demise. Unless I’m missing something. JMO

No way is it a joint dually-owned proposition, IMO.

Remember Brian telling people Gabby was back in the van working on content?

Plus her telling people he didn't believe in her dream of becoming a travel writer?

I'm almost positive that the channel was hers and hers alone.
I understand what you're saying. And I agree with the thought pattern. What I don't always understand is how the letter of the law may sometimes be twisted. (Kind of lime how so many here think that BL should have a stake of ownership in the van that doesn't belong to him.) He would seem to be the subject if much of the content on the YT channel. And I have absolutely no idea how the account was set up or what backup or recovery accounts or email addresses or phone numbers or home addresses may be associated with it. So I wouldn't even begin to say that I know how ownership or survivorship may be determined in the case where the initial owner is now deceased. I would just think that it may be wise to consult someone with some legal expertise before wading too deeply into what seems to be a good endeavor. (Apologies if I seem too cautious.)

I saw that one, i thought you meant the large cross wasn't done by LE

That's what the article says. Not done by LE per the step father.

“We did go – the small cross with flowers was made by Jim and myself,” Mr Rider told The Independent.

“That larger cross was not done by anyone connected with the search or recovery of Gabby.”

I agree, I think he was annoyed her phone was getting calls and just wanted them to stop. Not a thought about anything but his own convenience. When you don't believe you will ever be held accountable, you don't worry too much about making mistakes.

My thoughts are that while it is a clever acronym, it makes no sense as a message from Gabby to her mother. If she and her mom had a code that if she wrote STAN, it meant "send the authorities now," then her mother would have sent the authorities. Right then. Which would mean that her mother would need her location.
IMO the obvious is obvious. It was a ploy by BL to fake a text from Gabby as proof all was well, but he instinctively referred to her grandfather as Stan. He didn't call him grandpa like Gabby would, I presume.
He inadvertently alerted Gabby's mother that something was wrong, which was the opposite of his intent.

My thoughts are that while it is a clever acronym, it makes no sense as a message from Gabby to her mother. If she and her mom had a code that if she wrote STAN, it meant "send the authorities now," then her mother would have sent the authorities. Right then. Which would mean that her mother would need her location.
IMO the obvious is obvious. It was a ploy by BL to fake a text from Gabby as proof all was well, but he instinctively referred to her grandfather as Stan. He didn't call him grandpa like Gabby would, I presume.
He inadvertently alerted Gabby's mother that something was wrong, which was the opposite of his intent.
While you make a very good point about the acronym. It is possible that Gabby thought of it and may not have thought at the time about if her mom would understand it or not. Just like the closed fist she did when the cop first got to the van on 8/12

It doesn't confuse me.

I live in Manhattan and I've seen plenty of loud shouting matches on the subway where I couldn't tell you the inciting incident; because I couldn't hear them until they raised their voices, and thus have no idea what they were saying before they so did.

Maybe Brian was mouth-frothingly incoherent; or the bystander doesn't want to say because she doesn't know the full story. This doesn't mean she doesn't know 75% of the story.

I’m just trying to give a different perspective to this. We’ve seen in the past especially with Libby squires how people come up with a completely different chain of events. I remember in her case some poor guy helping search efforts was painted as a suspect by member of public in a very similar way, people on Facebook jumped on this like a rash.

Edit : this isn’t me stating Brian isn’t a suspect as he very CLEARLY is.

I’d personally want to see CCTV or matching statement from the waitress to believe how much of this was true. As someone mentioned previous he was apparently aggressive but not raising his voice - they even joked how this was even possible imagining someone having a quiet aggressive argument.

<modsnip>

I think that by the time of Moab she'd been made dependent on BL as the primary driver. I wouldn't be surprised if he'd belittled her driving in the past to the point that she was anxious about it.

It's an experience that I had when I was in a similar situation. Nothing I could do was right. I basically developed a fear of driving, even though I was perfectly capable of driving.

JMO, of course.

It speaks volumes about BL's demeanor, maybe it was just females that he was the worst with and he tried to be buddy buddy with other men. IMO
Either way, it was another chance for someone to step up and help Gabby and nobody did. It sucks.
I truly don't believe it would have made any difference, whether it be that, or the police call.

In every single case, the natural thing to do is look at how something could have been prevented; something that's easy with hindsight.

I don't think an arrest would have done that, as it would be separation for the same timespan as they ultimately got with the hotel.

I don't believe she would have pressed any charges, and life would go on.

I also don't think a deep conversation with the perfect person would have immediately changed anything.

That's what the article says. Not done by LE per the step father.
Multiple MSM sources seem to say different it appears. I have now seen it both ways. If it wasn't done by LE; i wonder if any LE should go back and dig under it to see if BL buried anything there

In this day and age, I don't think he can remain on the run for long, as LE trawl through footage along potential routes - and there is the whole question of what car or transportation he could be using?

Or he is on foot, in which case, he won't remain missing for long.

My 02c

No, no, no … the Bethune family is on YouTube called “Red, White and Bethune” …… Jessica Schultz aka Jessica Over Yonder is the single girl with a dog who also spotted the van ….. I’ve tried to clear all this up in several posts earlier this evening
Okay, people help. I did my research on Jessica OY and the Bethune Family. but I couldn’t find video that is of the van parked on the left shoulder that shows the van’s back door closing, proving that someone was in the van. Does anyone recall who filmed that. She broke down the film in slow motion to show that it wasn’t just a shadow but someone closing the door from the inside.

In this day and age, I don't think he can remain on the run for long, as LE trawl through footage along potential routes - and there is the whole question of what car or transportation he could be using?

Or he is on foot, in which case, he won't remain missing for long.

My 02c
If he's not in that preserve, then I absolutely agree. It's rare for a case to have this kind of national attention. Everyone is looking for this guy, to include people who don't normally follow regular news outlets.

Social media is playing a big part.

It does not look "new" and multiple articles have said LE did not put it there. The sources are in this thread and others before it.

And IMO, it would be weird if they did make that cross. It's a religious symbol, and they are busy people, why would they do that? They are trained not to get personally involved in cases they are working. It would be strange if they stopped their work to make a cross out of rocks. That's a personal thing.
I'm guessing LE could get written up, too, if they did that. Government employees can't show bias. They also have to observe "leave no trace" rules. So, I can't imagine LE doing something like that.
With all the potential looky loos, would LE even want to be marking a crime site for all to see? This just seems so unlikely. They don't need to mark it in vivo. These days, we have recordable GPS coordinates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member