Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! Fox News is reporting "Investigation into Moab Police handling of DV stop"
IMOO So now Police , in addition to everything else, must be responsible for Mental Health conditions leading to Domestic Abuse??
I think it's more of an investigation into how the call proceeded. There was some misunderstandings because the agency that responded to the call were not aware of the details surrounding the initial 911 call. Because they didn't have that information, they had to go off the statements of an eyewitness and mistakenly concluded that Gabby was the aggressor. Had they known the details of the 911 call (that Brian had been witnessed slapping and hitting Gabby repeatedly) the situation may have been handled differently. I don't see this as a blame game, but more of a making sure this kind of incident is less likely to happen again.

I think Gabby's family wants to make sure Gabby does not get lost in this. It's their daughter and her life will be celebrated this weekend at her visitation.
Her family is really remarkable. I feel so bad for them. And I understand that this is about Gabby but she deserves justice and that means finding BL. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW! Fox News is reporting "Investigation into Moab Police handling of DV stop"
IMOO So now Police , in addition to everything else, must be responsible for Mental Health conditions leading to Domestic Abuse??

The police in Moab could have done a better job. When one of them commiserates with the man about “crazy females” and what they are capable of, it’s time for some retraining. Obviously, the real victim is Gabby, not BL. He was never in danger of being murdered by her, but turns out, she was the one in mortal danger. The police have a difficult job to do, but they appear to have not done their best that day. IMO

I think it's more of an investigation into how the call proceeded. There was some misunderstandings because the agency that responded to the call were not aware of the details surrounding the initial 911 call. Because they didn't have that information, they had to go off the statements of an eyewitness and mistakenly concluded that Gabby was the aggressor. Had they known the details of the 911 call (that Brian had been witnessed slapping and hitting Gabby repeatedly) the situation may have been handled differently. I don't see this as a blame game, but more of a making sure this kind of incident is less likely to happen again.
I do not think these officers were trained for domestic violence. Her arms had to be really red if we could see from the pic they were red like someone had ahold of them tight! He was so cool acting also! You could tell she was scared! So many signs.

I think BL will be caught and sooner than later. It's not like he is a trained special forces operative who did a decades worth of tours in Afghanistan and other hot spots. He's not a survivalist.

I also don't believe his parents are involved to the extent most people think. These people own / sell property and have some kind of juice franchise.

We are not talking about Whitey Bulger. They are not a well established criminal organization with the intelligence, connections or resources to fund an extended run from LE.

No one will ever be able to convince me that the three of them were able to collectively devise a master plan while covering up a murder.

I do however, believe that BL's father knows enough about real estate to have stashed him somewhere with enough supplies to last a while (re the "camping" rip")

That is quite a bit of help, though, if he really did help his son to that extent.

Here's a couple random questions that are probably common knowledge but I have missed:

1) Do we know what wireless company her cell phone was through (Verizon, T Mobile, etc.)?

2) Did she take her pictures and videos with her phone, or other device?

The police in Moab could have done a better job. When one of them commiserates with the man about “crazy females” and what they are capable of, it’s time for some retraining. Obviously, the teal victim is Gabby, not BL. He was never in danger of being murdered by her, but turns out, she was the one in mortal danger. The police have a difficult job to do, but they appear to have not done their best that day. IMO

Isn't it strange that the police officers that did the stop said something like: we could be judged someday by everybody that watches this video...

as if they kinda knew in their subconscious that something wasn't right...

anybody remember that?

A former Utah police chief has come to the defense of the Moab police officers who responded to a mid-August 911 call involving Gabby Petito and Brian Laundrie, amid news of a probe into the way the incident was handled, according to a local report.
Former Moab police chief weighs in on Petito-Laundrie incident
Good defense of the officers by the former police chief.

Some members of the public seem to be forgetting that crystal balls are not standard police issued equipment and that having perhaps a self centered, abrasive personality is not a criminal offense.

The suspect was said by a witness to have slapped his wife several times (parking lot witnesses to any number of things never exaggerate or spin things, or...... can they?).

I can imagine, however, that with say, no visible injuries and the actual victim saying she was ok and not wanting to make the incident a police matter, there was little the police could do.

Last edited:
The police in Moab could have done a better job. When one of them commiserates with the man about “crazy females” and what they are capable of, it’s time for some retraining.

IDK - I think saying something like that ("crazy females") could elicit a response from the guy that would shed more light on the actual situation - which is what they were trying to sort out. Who was the aggressor; what was really going on between them, etc.

Surely there is a lot that we don't know. They have to have some type of confirmation that he is in the reserve. I can't imagine all the money/time spent searching. Wish we knew what it is.
hey are searching it so that they can move on to other things, they want to be certain that he Laundries cant say later on, we told yall he went in those woods and committed suicide and yall didnt even look so thats the reason for this search IMO , they want this rumor and this area off the docket for he future manhut!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
froggy4