Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #33

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip> I’m trying to figure out if BL and GP made a fire to cook some dinner and planned to sleep in the camper that night since it was down to about 60 degrees in the evening and 40 at night.

If he killed her the evening of the 27th, which I doubt, because in the van video where the door closes, it looks like her shoes are there, I think she was alone and that’s why she hid. Smart girl to not let strangers know you’re by yourself. She might have also been worried about talking to any one since he was so possessive.

Also, since BL drops off the map on the 28th, maybe he was psyching her out by staying away on the 27th evening but watching her from afar and he made the fire. Then he returns later that night, she’s furious, he kills her and takes off hiking/hitching rides before coming back for the van.

This is all speculation on my part. Thanks for reading.

<modsnip>
Interesting and different theory! Thank you for sharing!

I apologize if I came off brash. I know that you put a lot of work into that first page, and attempt to set the tone for the rest of the thread by laying out a timeline of facts. It does not go unnoticed, even by people like me who have been here since 2017!
No worries - I never know when a case is going to take off and get this level of attention and then I always wish I had more time to perfect it - but this did make me think about something today as I saw the footage about the Orlando visit today - I didn’t see grief like I saw on Gabbys mom at the presser ….. I think he’s alive and they know it
JMO
Brian Laundrie's parents shadowed by undercover agents on 150-mile trek to meet attorney
Gabby Petito's mom believes missing roadtripper is 'going to come home'

Our minds are fascinating , so much decision making done reflexively. I saw a deadly accident , i talked to cops- was deposed ( now i know why people left)
, 2.5 years later- i was on the stand - they read part of my witness statement , wow.. I realized my brain had already changed details - dang!, the brain is amazing and perceptions are filtered through the lense of conscious life experience ,choices- perspective that we don’t even know we make , subconscious mind - there are 3 sides to the story - yours/ mine and what really happened - which is better known as the “ the truth” - our sides are a conflagration of it all, right - for example moo here - I’ve made my mind up about this kid BL - i know i have and i come here to read because I have thought “ i knew” before and then i have found people here who really Did hit the nail on the head and i say to myself “ I could have sworn…” . Glad we don’t all agree!

This reminds me of a quote in a long ago Magnum PI episide:

"A person makes a thousand decisions a day.
Some you think about...
Most you don't.

And then, there are the ones you agonize over."

IDK. I think GP held him together. I don't know that he would be capable of functioning on his own.

Amateur opinion and speculation
He could well be with somebody or a group or organisation could be providing him with a safe house.
It's hard to know at this stage... we're focusing on DV but for all we know it could have been a carefully planned murder.
Maybe she knew too much about an extra-curricular activity he enjoyed that was not lawful?
Maybe it was a ritual killing?
There's a whole lot of possibilities we have never considered.
I think he was quite cunning, could switch it on and off too easily for LE for him not to be.
One moment apparently raging, the next smiling at the 'boys'..
Just don't know enough about him...and I have a feeling if the information is online it is under an alias and very carefully concealed...something secret?
'Cos otherwise they would have got him by now if he's not dead.

what other streets or buildings are near where his vehicle was located?

Did anyone else pick up on the fact that at 14.35 in the video, BL says,

"I don't have my phone on me..I don't have my..I don't really.. I don't have a phone, so if she goes off without me, I'm on my own!"

Why would he claim he doesn't have his own phone when he does?

He was projecting. He tries to take her phone from her and locks her out of her van and then spins it that he feared that she would do what he had just done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member