Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Police commander ........ "We are not wasting our time out here. We are doing our due diligence to find Brian in an area that intelligence has led us that he could possibly be in - and it's upon us to make sure we search this area as best as we can, as massive as it is, with the resources that we have, to try to find Brian."

To add some more from this video interview with the police commander ...

".. we have air units, we have drones, we have the swamp buggies, air boats, multiple law enforcement agencies, we have ATVs, we have UTVs, and we have officers on foot as well"

" ... there are many, many more resources we're deploying in here other than the search efforts that we're seeing here today. We have investigative means, we have other technology, agencies are issuing search warrants for data - whether it be social media or some other investigative means - and then we do the search"

Last edited:
GP's shoes might have been by the van because GP ran barefoot to escape from BL. Then he ran after her, caught up, and killed her. On the spot where she was found. It will be interesting what the autopsy says in regard to whether she had shoes on.

IMO It's unlikely they had a fire. They weren't in a legal camping spot, and they'd attract attention.

If the couple was relying on a fire for cooking (I have no idea), this would likely cause conflict (because it's so much work, and you might have to wait around) and entice them to rely on restaurants for meals.

Pro tip: use a gas stove for camping.
The spot she was found in is beautiful. I have serious consideration that she wanted to get some photos for her vanlife vlog there. I think, legal or not, it is a perfect camping location: flat, available shade, trees to put up a hammock, nearby water, not too far from the van but away from other campers...

If it's true there was a firepit near her body, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

I’ve always thought he’s been in the house the whole time. In the crawl space when the feds came in. That’s why the parents keep all the lights off all the time.

seriously just my opinion.

Jmho.
I had mentioned something about that on one of the threads. About how it would be easy to conceal movements with the lights staying off..

I think the scanner was from somewhere else, I mean everyone has seen him, spoke to him etc it's insane lol! was a report of gunshots but tbh if the police are there 24/7 could they not have radioed through?
Around here we have ShotSpotter, which alerts and pinpoints LE when shots are fired, but I also live outside a major city, so it probably isn't standard everywhere. Also, I would think if shots were in that neighborhood, EVERYONE would call.

I’m really beginning to think BL is not in the reserve.

I think local LE is handling most of this search because obviously intel led them there, and they will give it their due diligence.

Meanwhile, while the world (along with the parents) are watching this search play out, the FEDS and FBI are searching somewhere completely different. BL probably thinks he’s got everyone fooled, but not for long. They’re coming for him.
At least, I hope!! MOO

Around here we have ShotSpotter, which alerts and pinpoints LE when shots are fired, but I also live outside a major city, so it probably isn't standard everywhere. Also, I would think if shots were in that neighborhood, EVERYONE would call.
Am in Scotland UK so all this is new to me but I am learning slowly lol!

If NO shots were heard or fired. Wouldn't the officers in cars outside of the house been first to say, "confirm no gunshots were heard?"

Thread #34....a moment to say *THANK YOU* to our volunteer Mods for keeping this discussion on track. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As for BL, I really do hope he is brought in without incident. This is a dangerous time for all concerned.

Amateur opinion and speculation

The spot she was found in is beautiful. I have serious consideration that she wanted to get some photos for her vanlife vlog there. I think, legal or not, it is a perfect camping location: flat, available shade, trees to put up a hammock, nearby water, not too far from the van but away from other campers...

If it's true there was a firepit near her body, it wouldn't surprise me one bit.
I said the exact same thing!

In that area it would be illegal to be camping there.

But more importantly it is grizzly bear country and bears like to investigate smells, even if you are just cooking top ramen noodles

I’m really beginning to think BL is not in the reserve.

I think local LE is handling most of this search because obviously intel led them there, and they will give it their due diligence.

Meanwhile, while the world (along with the parents) are watching this search play out, the FEDS and FBI are searching somewhere completely different. BL probably thinks he’s got everyone fooled, but not for long. They’re coming for him.
At least, I hope!! MOO

It is hard to imagine the expense they are going to, in the reserve, to search there for Brian - if they don't think he is in there. Would they not just send in a few search teams and cut the expense down to minimal, if they really think BL is somewhere else?

After listening to the police commander, I think they have a hot lead. And by doing this interview, the commander is basically saying "we know you are in here Brian, we are not giving up, so come out of your hiding place with your hands up."

And/or they might also be hoping that this interview spurs some 'chatter' that they can hone in on, with their investigative techniques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay