Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been posted, but here is the dispatch audio from the 911 call.

Transcript:
"RP states a male hit a female. Domestic. He got into a white Ford transit van, has a black ladder on the back..."

THEY KNEW HE HIT HER.
This is why I cannot figure out how Brian was permitted to burble on at that road side official stop. He launched straight into her problems, and the male coppers stood round nodding, didn't one of the coppers sympathise with Brian, his own wife apparently suffering from some similar problem, ? I was gobsmacked by the fact that they even knocked knuckles with him at the end, what the actual (*#$@>!!! was that all about??

I am suggesting that the presentation that the Laundrie's are currently displaying has all the hallmarks of people who have no questions, and require no answers AT ALL. They have all the answers to their own satisfaction, and the questions they may have had have faded like the summer rain. They don't want any public help in finding their son. They don't want any enquiry set up to ascertain the whereabouts of him or his part in the disappearance and murder of Gabby Petito, they have not cooperated with law enforcement, or with Miss Petito's family on any matter whatsoever.

It is rational to therefore conclude, they know where he is, and they know why he is where he is, and they know he isn't moving from where they placed him.

in my opinion, based on their abnormal behavior, considering their circumstances..
Surely LE/FBI had to conclude all of this, too. So why is the swamp search going on and on and on?…

Based upon everything he has posted on Instagram, I think he is in the woods. Maybe not this one that has been being searched, but I think he is in the woods. There was the posting back a bit of the helicopter footage, and I do believe that was him, but the woods are his comfort zone. He and Gabby described themselves as expert hikers, he feels at home in the woods.As far as the plastic bottle, on one of the instagrams, it has him going barefoot to pull a water bottle out of a creek. I think he may be on the spectrum, because certain things really bother him, that wouldn’t bother someone who was not. His lack of emotions, just driving home after he is a POI for killing his fiancé, yet finally realizing he could be a POI, he went to where he wood feel at home.
IMO BL is not an experienced outdoorsperson. He's a wannabe.
In general, I don't trust the term "expert hiker", especially when it is proclaimed by family or friends. Invariably, when there's a missing hiker sleuthed on WS, the hiker will be described as "experienced". Looking briefly over their situation and history, they never seem to be.
IMO unfortunately in this case, there is hype about BL being a "skilled outdoorsman", when that's his self-presentation. It may well mislead a search.
Let's keep in mind that, far from heading into the wild blue yonder, BL drove home to momma, and he seems to have needed parental support to (maybe) take to the outdoors. I have a feeling he's in someone's cabin.
Looking at the calendar, when would BL even have learned any outdoor skills? He graduated from HS maybe 3 years ago? Then he worked at Piggly Wiggly, correct? And in their 2 weeks annual vacation (or whatever meager amount it is), he's turning himself into a "skilled outdoorsman"? Ummmmmm, no.

I don't know anyone who's an experienced hiker call themselves an "expert hiker". I' not sure they'd call themselves "experienced", either, now that I think of it. I'd never call myself that. IME they're more likely to say they've had many experiences.

Yes, same video and it had a rock ring around it, ashes, chunks of burned wood and agree that it wasn’t a huge pit fire but it was a small campfire. Also, there was a large, long downed and dead log across from it with burned marks on it. As if the end had been in the fire as well.
I must not have seen the full video :) thanks for letting me know!

I did some research tonight on primitive or dispersed camping sites within a 10 mile radius of BL’s home and given his ability to get a head start, I believe he could be camping somewhere very close to home but remote enough that he’s able to wait it out until someone eventually spots him—someone who really wants to find him.

I suspect he is in a very frenetic state. He wants to escape reality but has nowhere to escape to, no one to help him, and no ability to get continued supplies. He is probably debating every second at this point whether to venture to where people are to get food and supplies or whether he should starve in the forest instead. He is probably incredibly dissociative and erratic at this point. It must be absolute hell to be inside his mind.

I believe Roberta knows where he is and I believe she will never betray the trust of her son. She is probably losing her own grip on reality. They obviously have no way to contact him at this point because the FBI would know instantly.

The dynamics of this family are probably deeply fascinating and disturbing. At this point, I cannot tell who is protecting who.

(obviously all IMO)
I get the opposite sense.
I think he's enjoying his notoriety, writing up his manifesto and probably planning his next crime..
He could well be 'going big' for all we know.
The Ego tho.
If he's capable of killing probably the only one that ever 'loved' him/ showed him love or whatever, what is he capable of doing to a stranger?
Has he access to weapons?

I don’t understand what their end game is here. He can’t stay out in the wilderness forever and will eventually be found. What is the point of all of this? Even if he was to successfully escape and leave the country or whatever, is he really ready to never see family or return hone again? It’s ridiculous. A young woman has been killed and it feels a lot like they’re playing pointless games.

I did some research tonight on primitive or dispersed camping sites within a 10 mile radius of BL’s home and given his ability to get a head start, I believe he could be camping somewhere very close to home but remote enough that he’s able to wait it out until someone eventually spots him—someone who really wants to find him.

I suspect he is in a very frenetic state. He wants to escape reality but has nowhere to escape to, no one to help him, and no ability to get continued supplies. He is probably debating every second at this point whether to venture to where people are to get food and supplies or whether he should starve in the forest instead. He is probably incredibly dissociative and erratic at this point. It must be absolute hell to be inside his mind.

I believe Roberta knows where he is and I believe she will never betray the trust of her son. She is probably losing her own grip on reality. They obviously have no way to contact him at this point because the FBI would know instantly.

The dynamics of this family are probably deeply fascinating and disturbing. At this point, I cannot tell who is protecting who.

(obviously all IMO)
But what if he is in a well-stocked cabin that they have set him up in? What if they are communicating back and forth with burner phones?

IMO BL is not an experienced outdoorsperson. He's a wannabe.
In general, I don't trust the term "expert hiker", especially when it is proclaimed by family or friends. Invariably, when there's a missing hiker sleuthed on WS, the hiker will be described as "experienced". Looking briefly over their situation and history, they never seem to be.
IMO unfortunately in this case, there is hype about BL being a "skilled outdoorsman", when that's his self-presentation. It may well mislead a search.
Let's keep in mind that, far from heading into the wild blue yonder, BL drove home to momma, and he seems to have needed parental support to (maybe) take to the outdoors. I have a feeling he's in someone's cabin.

I don't know anyone who's an experienced hiker call themselves an "expert hiker". I' not sure they'd call themselves "experienced", either, now that I think of it. I'd never call myself that. IME they're more likely to say they've had many experiences.
Yes this! I have a degree in outdoor Ed. I have guided. I ran outdoor Ed trips with young adults and youth. I wouldn't call myself an expert, nor do I see any signs of outdoorsmanship in BL. That has been bothering me!!

Is there ANY way it could be done? Is it within the realm of possibility?

Maybe the Army Corps of Engineers
Because, first, a coffer dam or something like it would have to be put in place to block all water coming in to that space, then excess water pumped out, then the appropriate type of concrete for the job in that environment would need to be brought in. That would be a costly job requiring specialized equipment and personnel.

I don’t understand what their end game is here. He can’t stay out in the wilderness forever and will eventually be found. What is the point of all of this? Even if he was to successfully escape and leave the country or whatever, is he really ready to never see family or return hone again? It’s ridiculous. A young woman has been killed and it feels a lot like they’re playing pointless games.
It does seem odd that they would have to go on like this forever. I guess they all panicked.

I find that really surprising. I am widely traveled and have never entered any country anywhere without presenting my passport, although I have never been on a cruise.
I’ve been an avid cruiser for 20+ years - in the US as someone mentioned upthread - a closed loop cruise does not require a passport as of my last 2020 cruise. I cruise RCCL to the Bahamas at least once a year sometimes twice - BL would need ID and a court issued birth certificate that matched to successfully cruise plus whatever Covid requirements - I’m now thinking a cruise as a get away is not possible unless he has connections to fake documents - wonder what internet searches the FBI has found ?
Jmo

Check out this link to view pictures of the crime scene. Almost looks like alot of bullet holes. Weird it's all over the place.
Harrowing photos show trees and rocks around Gabby Petito's death site marked by FBI | Daily Mail Online

I agree some of those look like bullet holes. Could be insect borers or some other natural phenomenon too. Seems like if they were all bullet holes someone would have heard something and investigated the day/night it happened, or reported it. Sound seems to carry a longer ways when you are in a quiet place camping. No traffic noise, etc. A shooting gun would really stick out as an abnormal noise in a quiet campground. IMO
I wonder what that dark mark on that rock is.

Anybody know anything about the main type of law their lawyer practices and who his other clients may be? I read that they are old friends, so relationship goes back to when they lived in NY. Surprising that they haven't retained a lawyer with FEDeral criminal practice, but then, maybe they have. jmo
He's one of those all purpose type lawyers.
We discussed him briefly in the past few days. I didn't retain the information though his name is public and he will have a website..
Other clients might be worth looking at okay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l