Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was struck, ( here in Australia , which has the death penalty for treason, only ) that someone very very silly murdered Gabby in Wyoming, a death penalty state. When he could have driven on a little bit to North Dakota and murdered her for 20 years in the clink.

I believe this is a federal case, and not Wyoming, it happened on federal land. I hear news people and John Walsh stating the Wyoming thing all the time and believe they are wrong.

Federal has a death penalty that is seldom used, and is currently paused. If it was Wyoming it would probably have been Murder 2 - not premeditated.

MOO

The Laundrie family attorney says Brian did not have a cell phone or wallet when he left the house Tuesday. When we asked him if Brian had a weapon -- he said "unknown." And he didn't respond when asked where the cell phone is now. Here is my convo tonight with Ashleigh Banfield.

https://twitter.com/BrianEntin/status/1441624944064991232?s=20

That’s exactly what I was thinking tonight (in Canada). This would never get on air here, for better or worse. I have no sympathy for BL but telling someone over & over on air to “kill yourself” strikes me as possibly problematic?! He also accused the parents’ lawyer of being corrupt (quote from vid: “he’s aiding & abetting”), which seemed to me to be a bit libellous, but things are way more liberal there. Also: could this potentially be a death penalty case—as he says?

If John Walsh said that numerous times on a TV show yeah it would be problematic for his reputation but I don't think it would get him in any kind of legal trouble. What was the reaction after he said that, on the show?

Yes this could be a death penalty case, theoretically. More likely prison for a very long time. There aren't very many federal executions in the US. Mostly for terrorism things, I think. IMO

Since it’s a *bit* on the quieter side tonight, I thought I’d ask something kind of random & not particularly new to the case, but which has been on my mind: does anyone else think it’s at all odd that Gabby (allegedly) posted an Instagram suite of pics captioned “Happy Halloween” in August? Holding a pumpkin. 2 months+ early? This seems like something that would have been prepped for her posting calendar in the near future.
I don’t find it odd imo.They were in Ogden Utah where the butterfly mural is and the backdrop lends itself to a Halloween-y orange & black theme which GP used beautifully with her outfit. And those little pumpkins have been in the markets here in Colorado for about a month now. I’ve never looked at her IG, but I know some are suspicious because they see charges in the use of hashtags and emojis. Idk.
Jmo

Monarch Mural in Ogden | The Salt Project

Where is Brian Laundrie? Here is where John Walsh says tips lead

CHICAGO (NewsNation Now) — After receiving about 500 tips from viewers, John Walsh, host of “In Pursuit With John Walsh” on the Investigation Discovery network, believes he has narrowed down the list of possible locations Brian Laundrie could be.

“We had at least three times more phone calls than we’ve had on any fugitive.” Walsh said.

In just three seasons of his show, Walsh has helped authorities capture 26 fugitives and locate eight missing children. He covered the Gabby Petito investigation on his show this week.

“We haven’t had this much attention since Elizabeth Smart,” Walsh said.

Walsh said the tips he has received lead him to three possible locations: Mexico, the Bahamas and the Appalachian Trail.

Walsh’s theory, which he said some of his tips also point to, is that Laundrie’s father or parents drove him Northwest over the Florida Panhandle toward Mexico.

C'mon...most of the smart people in this site could have named those places without the production costs. Is he really sophisticated enough to leave this country without being caught? Does he have a passport? If he was dumb enough to use it the LE community wouldn't be searching the camping area. Can a person from Florida cross the Rio Grande at the exact point at the precise time to avoid border patrol. I highly doubt it. If he is alive he will be found in the general vicinity of his hometown. Imo Moo

OCCAMS RAZOR is always in play to some degree.

I believe this is a federal case, and not Wyoming, it happened on federal land. I hear news people and John Walsh stating the Wyoming thing all the time and believe they are wrong.

Federal has a death penalty that is seldom used, and is currently paused. If it was Wyoming it would probably have been Murder 2 - not premeditated.

MOO

Right now the charges are federal and I believe they will remain federal, because the credit card fraud was federal, but I think it will remain federal as later charges are filed (regardless of the defendant) because the body was found deceased on federal land.

Federal crime. Less slack in the plea bargain line, if you ask me.

The credit card/unauthorized access charges: I think they’re going to use that to get the parents to talk. If they aided and abetted him running off they can take the fifth so the don’t incriminate themselves, but if they get pulled in front of a grand jury to answer questions about the unauthorized access, they can’t use the fifth there because they’re not guilty of using the cards/devices. Nothing to incriminate themselves about. They’d be compelled to answer questions and LE could get some info that way. Sneaky.

MOO
Are we sure this was on federal land? The border of the forest is just on the north side of Spread Creek. If by chance Gabby was killed just south of that border, i am not sure how they would go about this

This was really upsetting to me tonight. I’ve always loved watching him, but I don’t agree that we should be encouraging ANYONE to die by suicide. I tried to watch that clip with my fiancé and we both couldn’t stand it. He barely showed BL on his show last night and he sat and pat himself on the back about it and then encouraged a suicide. I don’t think I’ll be supporting his show anymore.
MOO

I've never been a huge fan of Walsh; what he accomplished was a different story. But yesterday hearing his comments, all I could think was "I hope he has a good lawyer". moo

If John Walsh said that numerous times on a TV show yeah it would be problematic for his reputation but I don't think it would get him in any kind of legal trouble. What was the reaction after he said that, on the show?

Yes this could be a death penalty case, theoretically. More likely prison for a very long time. There aren't very many federal executions in the US. Mostly for terrorism things, I think. IMO
He’s said “kill yourself” to BL on at least a couple of visits to her show this week—2 separate occasions that I’ve seen. As I say, I’m not concerned about BL per se, but I think this is very weird thing to do in a bunch of ways, not the least of which is it could deny the family any justice or closure. I can’t imagine he is speaking for them when he says this.

I’d be interested to see your take on the clip! The host did seem to cut him off, but that could have been just due to time limits, as he definitely got to say a LOT of things on his mind!!

But what if he is in a well-stocked cabin that they have set him up in? What if they are communicating back and forth with burner phones?

The odds of them just happening to have a well hidden cabin that nobody knows about is probably slim to none. I’m sure property records in every state have been searched for their names and their extended family’s names, and probably their closest friends names too.

MOO

It is the United States District Court for the District of Wyoming.

USA vs. Brian Christopher Laundrie.

Federal Court held in the State of Wyoming.

IMO, you are reaching there. How would it not be federal land if it was on a National Park?
Zoom in on the aerial maps and you'll see that the border of Bridger Teton National Forrest is on the north side of Spread Creek, Was more curious to see what anybody else thought about that if anyone has even noticed that

It is the United States District Court for the District of Wyoming.

USA vs. Brian Christopher Laundrie.

Federal Court held in the State of Wyoming.
Thanks for that heads up.. I appreciate it. Now I wonder if he planned to kill her in a National Park, on Federal land for that reason.. less prison time. !! would I be right in assuming then that any sentence he served ( assuming he declines to follow Walsh advice ) would be in a Federal Prison, like Leavenworth, say??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member