Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it so interesting that Cassie is actually answering questions.

Guessing that Cassie and Gabby were friends -- I'm sure Gabby tried her best to get to know Cassie -- she was gonna be her sister-in-law, and I'd bet that Gabby was thrilled with that, and probably Cassie, too. And from all I've read here, BL's parents kept Cassie well out of this recent BL business.

I wasn't disagreeing. With one backpack he would be carrying many things other than food, that was what my amount of food was based on. If he was in that swamp by now he would have trench foot, crotch rot, likely dysentery and many other things. he is in a ranch house or a boat cabin somewhere.
Gotcha. Understood. I have no idea where the guy is. That swamp place... I highly doubt it. But wherever he is, he's gotta eat. If he's layin' low, he'd need fewer calories, so the food thing becomes more possible. Would be interesting to see his pack from when he was allegedly living for an extended period of time on the trail.

I know I keep repeating this but.. Brian needs to man up and come out of hiding. He wanted to be such a man when he was slapping Gabby around. He wanted to be such a man when he POSSIBLY killed her or did something that lead to her death.. BE A MAN AND COME OUT OF HIDING AND DEAL WITH THE CONSEQUENCES. You’re making it harder on yourself! (All MOO and all that jazz).

IMO I think people are looking way too into the books etc, lots of people like those books and Gabby did too. If you check out BL's shop he was into other things too like The Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Totoro (japanese anime). And his shop was 5 stars, not bad quality

Guessing that Cassie and Gabby were friends -- I'm sure Gabby tried her best to get to know Cassie -- she was gonna be her sister-in-law, and I'd bet that Gabby was thrilled with that, and probably Cassie, too. And from all I've read here, BL's parents kept Cassie well out of this recent BL business.

She said that her kids totally loved her.

Whoops. Can tell I'm new. Here's my post but with a link to the article:

Another Woman Claims She Had Strange Encounter with Hitchhiking Brian Laundrie: Report

Norma Jean mentions that Brian picked up her bible when it slid off the dashboard... Could LE/FBI have been able to dust the book for his prints to corroborate her story? Or is "dusting for fingerprints" not as easy as Hollywood makes it seem (I'm guessing that's the case)?

Touché, though I feel the onus would be on the prosecution to prove, beyond all reasonable doubt, that BL murdered GP.

I think it's going to be a tough task, unless forensic evidence is unearthed that cannot be disputed. Again though, with DNA, the defence could simply claim they were a couple, in a relationship, living in a tiny space together so it's natural that DNA will be found..

JMO

MOO

Here’s one problem with elaborate ODDI stories. (Other Dude Did It.) Although BL has a right to not testify in court, his lawyer will not be under oath, and cannot testify for him. Therefore, if he doesn’t speak, the jury has no reason to believe the story. And if he does speak, he will, in my opinion, get torn apart by the prosecutor. (In a manner of speaking, of course.)

MOO

When LE fills out an Incident Report they check the box next to Incident when it’s non criminal ( missing persons, property disputes etc)
Otherwise it’s known as an Offense.

ETA source. This is Ohio but I’m sure it’s the same in Florida.

https://ocjs.ohio.gov/oibrs/Forms/UIR_Training.pdf
In my area, every incoming call, stop, visit, etc is labelled an "Incident". Then it's further characterized from there.

We could update the poll to have an option for ‘no longer alive’. If the poll is asking where BL’d BODY is, then I think it’s in the reserve, and he’s dead. There is an awful lot of money, energy and time being spent trying to find someone who some people say is a big outdoorsman who is cunningly eluding the authorities. I beg to differ. I don’t think he’s very bright, he doesn’t have any money or assistance, and he’s a coward who likely offed himself the Tuesday he walked into the reserve.
Maybe narcissist. I find it was VERY bold to go home without her. Acting as though he was above being found out. He didn’t plan on a YouTuber passing by with cameras…

No one is claiming her father was there. Simply that the "incident" on the 10th and twice on the 11th involved him. There was an "incident" on the 10th, I have no idea why it is so heavily redacted...but it COULD, only could, be the reason the family obtained an attorney and didn't respond to texts/calls. Just a possibility to explain why....no idea if it is pertinent or not. MOO

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you are implying that maybe JP did something to 'provoke' the Laundries into seeking counsel on the 10th. Which I believe is based on an incorrect assumption.

The public service incident was recorded as JP making contact with the NPPD. It in no way indicates that JP made any sort of contact with the Laundries themselves nor that the Laundries initiated the incident report. Quite the opposite.

In fact, the Petitos, the Schmidts and the NPPD have repeatedly said they were unable to make contact with the Laundries. Unable to get them to even pick up the phone. Which does not support your theory, IMO.

Plus Gabby clearly loved Cassie's kids and they had great affection for her, they called her "Aunt Gabby" and she sent them those sweet, elaborate, hand-drawn postcards from her road trip. If there's one sure way to make a mother love you, it's by being good to her kids.

I've wondered if he has Life Straws. I have friends that keep them in their backpacks when they go hiking. One Life Straw can filter something like 700 gallons of water.
Thank you. That’s what I was trying to remember. Life Straws. Thank you!
I cannot understand why the feds cannot find him- Is he a freakin' genius, outsmarting an entire FBI? looks like it---who knows where he is----Are his parents helping him while he is on the run? and if so, you would think the Feds would have them under surveillance and have their phones tapped ----I just don't understand this.
I have thought a lot about who could be helping him. Not his parents because they are too closely watched. No friends have come forward but I do have one idea. An online somebody he might have connected with playing video games or something like that. One of those guys that live in their parents basement and act all kinds of weird. They would think BL survival a game. MOO

MOO

Here’s one problem with elaborate ODDI stories. (Other Dude Did It.) Although BL has a right to not testify in court, his lawyer will not be under oath, and cannot testify for him. Therefore, if he doesn’t speak, the jury has no reason to believe the story. And if he does speak, he will, in my opinion, get torn apart by the prosecutor. (In a manner of speaking, of course.)

MOO
I think advances with touch DNA, would prove it was him, IF they have documented DNA samples of his.
*more reliable than dusting for finger prints...
MOO

I am wondering what a 'public service' incident is? It sounds like simply GP's dad expressed to LE that he was concerned about his daughter's whereabouts in conjunction with not being able to contact BL's family.

Its a wellness check. You call the police, let them know the situation, in this case Gabbys dad was concerned about her, hasn't heard from her. The police go to the house to see if they physically see her to see if she's ok.
I've had to do this with my own daughter.

IMO I think people are looking way too into the books etc, lots of people like those books and Gabby did too. If you check out BL's shop he was into other things too like The Lord of the Rings, Hobbit, Totoro (japanese anime). And his shop was 5 stars, not bad quality
ITA- and all of us here, interested in true crime. An interest is far different than a preoccupation or fixation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howellsy