Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Where do you think BL is right now?

• Mexico

Votes: 50 7.1%
  • Cuba

Votes: 12 1.7%
  • Canada

Votes: 20 2.8%
  • Carlton Reserve, FL

Votes: 98 13.8%
  • Somewhere else in FL

Votes: 166 23.4%
  • New York

Votes: 24 3.4%
  • Somewhere else in the US

Votes: 306 43.2%
  • Somewhere else in the world

Votes: 32 4.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
SOS, Datrex and Mayday bars would be my go-to option if you are really looking for survival food. If you had 3 lbs of these (15,000 calories) and the wilderness you could survive for well over a month IMO
For sure. Someone asked about cooking, so I was pointing out one way you wouldn't have to. There are countless ways to get by out there without much bulk, no heat, etc. I think the whole idea that he couldn't fit what he needed to survive in that pack can probably be put to bed.

I wondered about this too, as Gabby sits at the right side where the sun comes through the window.
If BL had grabbed her whilst in the van, it would more likely be her left arm as that would be closest to him? MOO
Not sunburn. In the video, you can clearly see fingers in the imprint.

edited for misspelling

We've had the 911 call and incident reports which states he was slapping/hitting her outside of the van. Pushed and shoved her outside of the van. No reason to believe he only had access to the left side of her body.

I might have missed this but is it known how long between the witness calls were made and them being stopped?

That sounds promising. Something tells me they won't be able to confirm the so called three day "camping" trip with mom and dad. IMO.

While there doesn’t appear to be a GPS antenna on the Mustang, there DOES appear to be one on the red truck (left rear roof). They need to impound that thing yesterday.

I don't think that's sunburn, but YMMV:

View attachment 314643

Other injury marks - left cheek, top of right hand:

View attachment 314644

View attachment 314645

All JMO.

I agree-he physically abused her, regularly. My guess is that she had this “mission” she wanted to undertake, and needed a companion (BL), whom she loved, but was starting to emotionally detach from, for a few reasons. She didn’t want to tell her family that he was abusing her, emotionally and physically, because of what her dad and stepfather might do; and thought she could manage it and him for the duration of the trip. The trip, in my opinion was also a way to get out of the Laundrie house-stress between Mr and Mrs, and I believe that BL and his parents eroded her self confidence on a regular basis, for BL’s sake. That poor girl did not know what she was in for when she moved in with them.

Snipped by me.

If he has a Lifestraw he'd be okay for water (though it would not taste at all good.) But there's no way he could have carried enough food with him in that backpack to last for weeks, along with the other gear he'd need to survive out there.
IIRC The Lifestraw won't last indefinitely. It's a filter. Filters have to get replaced. He might have a Sawyer mini filter, but that would also have to get replaced. He'd have to near a spring or a brook.
I really don't think BL has outdoor skills that would do anything at all for a long stay in the woods. Food is not going to last very long, even if he managed to cache some successfully away from bears and mice. He'd have to have some kind of shelter, either a tent, or an axe and a tarp.

IMO he's in someone's cabin. Hopefully, the search for the parent's restaurant visits will narrow down the location. The FBI have been very vocal and overt about how they're tracking the parents (at least a selection of the tools they're using). Paranoia! I know I would feel freaked out at how I couldn't escape.

Not while in the van, but when he was slapping her and they were running on the sidewalk. Catch her by the arm and slap her.
But BL is right handed if they were fighting face 2 face he would grab her left arm. And marks would be on the left arm.

Perhaps, to prevent this from becoming more of a circus than it already is.

I don't know about that, but I'd be really interested of someone knew or could tell under what code police provide these types of services to the public.
It was also said by Gabby's Godmother in this interview that BL flew to FL and back.
"I can't remember if she was picking him up the next day, or the day after that, from the airport"
So IMO based on that, she had full use of the van while he was gone and even dropped off/picked up from the airport.
Missing woman's family frustrated with missing puzzle piece

Very good! Thank you. Another mention. This is good because it puts the trip into a more reasonable time frame, being back maybe by the 21st, which someone said they saw him with her.

They said it was to move stuff out of the storage unit, and I can't imagine how that saved anyone money for Gabby to have to get a hotel and he a plane ticket, round trip just to save money on a storage unit. But okay.

It is just a theory. My only basis for it, and I have stretch to find one (devil's advocate is never popular, but is important), is that we don't have access to what that report includes since it is so heavily redacted-strange to me, and we don't know the dates that Gabby's family has claimed to establish contact. It may have been over the course of weeks, OR it all could have been on the 10th when folks decided something wasn't right. I have no idea, it was just a theory that I can't rule out just yet. I would like to rule this out.
We do know the dates, her mother has been quoted in many articles that they tried to make contact on the 10th. They stated it was not unusual to go several days without speaking with Gabby. Her mother stated when they received no response she felt something was wrong and went to LE on the 10th, police "blew her off” but on the 11th they filed the missing person report and went that same day to confiscate the van. Why ignore this?

The mother of a missing woman says her frantic messages to her daughter’s boyfriend and family have been ignored.
Gabby Petito’s mother Nicole Schmidt said on September 10 she contacted her daughter’s boyfriend Brian and mother Roberta Laundrie to try and get hold of her 22-year-old daughter, but she had been ignored.

Nicole says she hasn’t heard from Gabby since August 25 and has had no response from Brian and Roberta.

It's a nine hour drive from his home to the very southern end of the Appalachian Trail (northern Georgia). Someone would have had to driven him there, and then back (presuming it was family). They'd be on camera somewhere I think.
The AT is too highly trafficked (in general) for me to think it would be a wise decision. Also, he would be headed North in fall, which isn't wise either. There are plenty of less trafficked long distance trails with more attached wilderness that would be a better choice, IMHO.

IMO - Yes, the families first trip was plenty of time to go there and drop off him or supplies. Can't say for certain he ever came back after, unless there is proof he was home after the camping trip?

Speaking of the supposed camping trip. Has anyone else seen that camper? Does it even accomodate 3 people sleeping?

Yes, in police talk, but when this 'incident' with her father was reported, way back in the beginning, people (myself included) thought that the had been to the house, saw the van and demanded that they tell him where she was.
I think this initial assumption, which turned out to be incorrect, was why/how the word "debunked" came to be associated with this incident. The phone call by GP's dad and attempted wellness check by NPPD actually happened but GP's dad did not go to or even near the Laundrie home. MOO

IMO - Yes, the families first trip was plenty of time to go there and drop off him or supplies. Can't say for certain he ever came back after, unless there is proof he was home after the camping trip?

Speaking of the supposed camping trip. Has anyone else seen that camper? Does it even accomodate 3 people sleeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tad72