Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM

The 911 caller may have given a factually accurate account to the dispatcher. But we can't know that and the officers certainly couldn't count on that. (I'm not discounting unconscious effects on the officers memories in making my point here.)

But I'm sure LE encounters all kinds of reports from concerned citizens that turn out to be factually incorrect (and sometimes extremely so.) And sometimes "uninvolved" callers without "an agenda" turn out to have one after all. Simply because the 911 caller called in immediately after observing the incident doesn't mean he got it right.

I'm not saying his account was flawed but it could have been. For example, perhaps his beloved sister recently left an abusive relationship with a man. If so, the caller could be primed to see DV as always male-instigated. We know our biases prime what we see and how we interpret ambiguous situations. ("We see things not as they are; we see them as we are.") That's true for any of us although it's hoped proper training will make us more objective observers.

Definitely a tragic situation but given the statements GB and BL made and the physical evidence (admittedly scant) I can't imagine most officers would haul anyone off to jail based on a 911 call.
JMO

https://mobile.twitter.com/sara_ballou/status/1442212502993965059

Did someone here say that? That the officers should've ignored all other info and just arrest him?
I do think it would've been wise for the officers to take that report heavily into consideration when dealing with the couple.

No; but I have seen, and been, the person who said "how much weight are they supposed to give to the testimony of a person who called 911 but were not around to give an in-person testimony", and again, people just trample over my observation and carry on with their preferred party line.

again, I will say, while 911 calls certainly matter, I've seen enough domestic calls on "Cops" to know that people in the middle of a situation, have in fact called 911 on other people just to get them in trouble.

In my humble opinion, it looks like half an Italian hero sub, made for the FBI to show that they are cooperating. Which is to say, nobody knows what's in that wrapper but them, their attorney and the FBI. MOO

Heh. I like your spirit, lol.

No surviving Carlton Reserve

"Anything dead you find in the woods, you're gonna look up, you’re gonna see buzzards flying like crazy," he said. "No buzzards, no body is my theory. And I haven’t seen any buzzards flying."

Gruesome, but so true and in all the scenarios I've imagined, I've never thought about circling birds of prey.

At first I thought he got on the Florida Trail and went to the Appalachian Trail. Because he seems to fancy himself an outdoorsman. With winter coming on I don't know. I had recently looked at personally vacationing in Puerto Rico. You only need a US driver's license to enter. Puerto Rico also uses US dollars so no exchange to foreign currency. I looked at flying there,but is there a boat you can take? Can you leave the Florida Keys or Miami and go by boat?

No surviving Carlton Reserve

The Carlton Reserve is home to 13-foot alligators, panthers, black bears, wild boar and several lethal varieties of snakes. McEwen says that even if Laundrie could manage to fend off the park’s most terrifying predators, its insects alone could be enough to do him in.

Asked about the possibility Laundrie may have died trying to hide in the reserve, McEwen was certain Laundrie’s body would have been found by now.

"Anything dead you find in the woods, you're gonna look up, you’re gonna see buzzards flying like crazy," he said. "No buzzards, no body is my theory. And I haven’t seen any buzzards flying."
This is a great point - "No buzzards, no body." All of that aerial footage last week from helicopters, but no vultures circling around anywhere. Even if there were some vultures, that would be normal in such a wild place in Florida, and no guarantee it was for a human, but there were none to be seen.

While audio of the initial 9-1-1 call from a third party and bodycam footage of the subsequent traffic stop with Petito and Laundrie were previously made public, it was not clear what details Moab Police officers knew of before speaking with the couple on Aug. 12.

FOX 13 has now obtained recordings of the dispatch radio traffic, in which a dispatcher tells officers some details of the initial witness's report.

"RP [reporting party] states a male hit a female. Domestic. He got into a white Ford Transit van. Has a black ladder on the back. Florida plate," the dispatcher said.

In the police report of the traffic stop, a responding officer initially wrote that he believed "it was reported the male had been observed to have assaulted the female," but later wrote that "no one reported that the male struck the female."

The officer also described the incident "more accurately as a mental/emotional health ‘break’ than a domestic assault," and that "no significant injuries" were reported.
https://www.fox13now.com/news/local...-knew-laundrie-hit-petito-before-traffic-stop

Yeah. Trying not to contribute to it but we're stuck in the same place for too long periods..
Whole thing is a mind storm.
On the one hand we're being asked to watch a swamp for a long period of time based on the assumption that B was some kind of an athlete, a highly skilled outdoorsman.
That's hard to swallow.
We don't have a clue what they're thinking to be searching that swampland with such intensity or so many resources for a person who probably cannot sustain too much discomfort let alone swamp life..
So it's as though the crime invariably becomes re-enacted in the discussion groups..
It's almost as frazzled as G appeared to be..

So we get stuck and recreate the dynamic.. I've seen it loads of times but in big cases like Las Vegas or something..
And it's like the thread has a mind of it's own, catharsis almost immediately followed by disturbance..
And the re-hashing of the same old story that is only too well known the whole world through.

We just need some clues to focus on figuring where he might be NOW.
I'm personally stuck because I have no insight at all into his nature apart from the fact that he is an abuser.

I think he's living in an abandoned mall, abandoned house, an unused cabin, or in a hotel, probably in another country. I doubt he's in the swampy nature preserve at this point... maybe the first couple of days, not now. If the whole country thinks he's in the swamp they will lose sight of the need to keep looking for him elsewhere.

Can we expect a statement or press conference tomorrow from someone in charge of this search?
We do need some new ideas of where he might be.

3 red flags missed in the investigation hind site
HLN
AGRESSIVE BEHAVOIR at restaurant. BL came in 3-4 times according to witness
The police cam verbal abuse
BL LIES about not having a phone
DANGER TO SELF? Others? Yes, should be detained
Mistakes were made by expert
MANIPULATION

The phone thing is very interesting. If GP's friends interview is to be believed Brian was very controlling over GP and her electronic devices, perhaps he thought she was messaging another man or a friend that he didn't want her talking to.
Could certainly any one of those. He was just plain jealous, pure & simple, and he didn't understand one lick of what she was doing. That's why he belittled and denigrated what she was creating. She wasn't paying enuff attention to him. The busier she got with it, the angrier he got, IMO.

What I don't understand is BL appears to have gone missing before GP body was found. So is he really on the run without knowing if they will ever find her. Hardly! He will suicide rather than fess up. Just like Jeffery Eddelstone.
I think as soon as the NPPD showed up and towed the van late on the 11th, he knew the gig was up.
I have a hard time believing that he only left on Tuesday the 14th since the report of abandoned vehicle was 2pm that afternoon. IMO It would have HAD to have been parked there Monday or earlier. And since the ENTIRE narrative of that report was redacted, there is something incriminating there.
Gabby Petito case: North Port redacts records on Petito, Laundrie family

3 red flags missed in the investigation hind site
HLN
AGRESSIVE BEHAVOIR at restaurant. BL came in 3-4 times according to witness
The police cam verbal abuse
BL LIES about not having a phone
DANGER TO SELF? Others? Yes, should be detained
Mistakes were made by expert
MANIPULATION

Yeah, I think digital evidence is going to play a large role. I expect it to show that he did in fact send texts pretending to be Gabby, and he was no where near Wyoming when he sent them.

We also don't know how and where she was killed, which also may produce compelling forensic evidence.

The longer this goes on though, the more concerned I am that this all becomes a moot point. I just hope he's alive.

I have zero concerns over enough evidence to effectively prosecute him.

I have major concerns about ever finding him alive or not

I think he's living in an abandoned mall, abandoned house, an unused cabin, or in a hotel, probably in another country. I doubt he's in the swampy nature preserve at this point... maybe the first couple of days, not now. If the whole country thinks he's in the swamp they will lose sight of the need to keep looking for him elsewhere.

Can we expect a statement or press conference tomorrow from someone in charge of this search?
We do need some new ideas of where he might be.
when the FBI are involved in a case I have learned to never have an expectation of a news update.
Until the end.
and their trials are so streamlined they're like tiny ghosts that never existed.
Theydrive me nuts but they do tend to get the job done so I'm happy they're on it- for Gabby

At first I thought he got on the Florida Trail and went to the Appalachian Trail. Because he seems to fancy himself an outdoorsman. With winter coming on I don't know. I had recently looked at personally vacationing in Puerto Rico. You only need a US driver's license to enter. Puerto Rico also uses US dollars so no exchange to foreign currency. I looked at flying there,but is there a boat you can take? Can you leave the Florida Keys or Miami and go by boat?
It would be weeks before he got to the AT if he walked from North Port. Calculate roughly 100 miles per week for average, in shape, thru hiker. IMO BL is not in that kind of shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buck_317