Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #37

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not experienced at dispatch recordings at all. I know someone on here said they were former dispatch the other night. If you are reading, please correct me.

I wanted to get a transcription of the entire dispatch recording on here. Well, we don't know if it is the entire call but it is what was released on the article today. Here is my transcription. There are a few things I am unsure of, the numbers at the end specifically.

Gabby Petito case: Dispatch recordings show Utah police were told male struck female

Male Dispatcher - 1053 Attempt to locate. Continuing attempt to locate time-lapse of about probably 40 sec. RP states a male hit a female. Domestic. He got into a white Ford transit van. Has a black ladder on the back, Florida plate of Quebec fox tango golf zero three. The van turned right onto main street from Moonflower Market and headed north onto Main Street. 1638.

Responding officer - (unintelligible maybe 228) I am at Moonflower.

Female voice - (dispatcher?) 1641

Responding officer - uh 228? , Do have a phone number for the RP, maybe just a landline, and a location where our victim is at.

Male Dispatcher -Uh, phone number is (redacted) names (redacted) I am not sure (break) that, but the female who got hit, they both, the male and the female, both got into the van and headed north.

Responding Officer - 58 229?

ETA - Adding a Youtube video of a transcription from Fox 13 Tampa

I’m a dispatcher, albeit in Australia. The numbers are codes that mean different things, for example 10-4 most often means “heard and understood” (where I am we say “Roger”). You would need a list of that specific counties dispatch codes in order to interpret. What a particular code means in NY won’t have the same meaning as in Georgia, for example, they could mean completely opposite things.

MOO: This potential scenario keeps running through my mind, related to the aftermath of the TexMex: "Brian, That was the last straw. I can't have you keep making a scene at the restaurants and other places we go. That's going to ruin my blog and YouTube business if someone posts a video of you doing that. If told you that before and you keep doing it. I'm done with this; this relationship, this trip, this whole mess. Let's pack up in the morning and head back to Florida." That would likely have triggered a huge episode and response from BL.
Exactly... my feelings too... he was too raw with rage at the Merry Piglet and if GP said anything at all to him... well we know the rest.

Exactly... my feelings too... he was too raw with rage at the Merry Piglet and if GP said anything at all to him... well we know the rest.

Does anyone know what the fight was actually about at the MP restaurant? like was it over payment, a menu item being incorrect, did BL and GP walk in fighting and he took it on the staff, and so on??

What we know about Gabby Petito's final days - CNN

Aug 12 incident:
•someone drove by a couple with a white van with a Florida license plate and called 911 to report they saw "the gentleman was slapping the girl."
•a witness on site wrote in a sworn statement the two were "talking aggressively at each other and something seemed off."
•another witness, Chris, said it appeared the two were arguing over control of Petito's phone, and said he saw the young woman at one point "punching (Laundrie) in the arm and/or face and trying to get into the van."
•"Why do you have to be so mean," Chris wrote he heard Petito say to Laundrie, although Chris added that he couldn't be sure whether the comment was meant to be taken seriously.
•A National Park Service ranger who also responded to the call spent about an hour and a half with Petito and warned her that her relationship with Laundrie had markings of a "toxic" one

Horrifying. We can and MUST do better training police officers and all types of security personnel in dv/emotional responses/ and any type of mental health concerns. We need to be extra cautious and safe rather than sorry. I was a young girl just like Gabby once. Could have been me or any one of a number of young females heartbreakingly enough. Happens way too often. MOO.

Anything could have been taken from the house. I don't think it is very important what they took. I think the real story is they needed the DNA. I wonder if they asked the parents to give up their DNA?

Collecting the DNA of a missing person is standard procedure.

National Missing Person Program

Relatives of a missing person may voluntarily provide DNA samples. These samples are known as Family Reference Samples. Law enforcement agencies, involved in an active missing person case (case in which a missing person report has been filed), are encouraged to collect Family Reference Samples from two or more close biological relatives of the missing person and obtain a consent form signed by the contributing relative to document that the DNA samples were given voluntarily.

CODIS and NDIS Fact Sheet — FBI

What we know about Gabby Petito's final days - CNN

Aug 12 incident:
•someone drove by a couple with a white van with a Florida license plate and called 911 to report they saw "the gentleman was slapping the girl."
•a witness on site wrote in a sworn statement the two were "talking aggressively at each other and something seemed off."
•another witness, Chris, said it appeared the two were arguing over control of Petito's phone, and said he saw the young woman at one point "punching (Laundrie) in the arm and/or face and trying to get into the van."
•"Why do you have to be so mean," Chris wrote he heard Petito say to Laundrie, although Chris added that he couldn't be sure whether the comment was meant to be taken seriously.
•A National Park Service ranger who also responded to the call spent about an hour and a half with Petito and warned her that her relationship with Laundrie had markings of a "toxic" one

The phone thing is very interesting. If GP's friends interview is to be believed Brian was very controlling over GP and her electronic devices, perhaps he thought she was messaging another man or a friend that he didn't want her talking to.

I am not the thread police :) but giving a tip…. I have learned that as fast as these posts are going, most often someone else has answered. So, It might be helpful to consider that, and not rehash old stuff over and over again. Or, just check first. That makes the assumption everyone here likes to dig for new info like me. :)

Or just start reading the most recent posts first and work backwards.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what the fight was actually about at the MP restaurant? like was it over payment, a menu item being incorrect, did BL and GP walk in fighting and he took it on the staff, and so on??

Witness Says Gabby and Brian Fought at Restaurant Days Before Disappearance

Gabby & Brian had 'huge fight at restaurant before she was last seen'

While she said she couldn't hear what words were being exchanged between Laundrie and the woman, she believed the spat was either over the bill or about money.

At Merry Piglets Mexican Grill, Gabby Petito was last seen alive. - Techno Trenz

Angelo wаs unsure whаt cаused the аltercаtion between Petito, Lаundrie, аnd the Merry Piglets stаff. She аssumed Lаundrie wаs irritаted by the bill. Angelo did witness Lаundrie аcting “аggressively” towаrd multiple femаle employees аt Merry Piglets, including а server, hostess, аnd mаnаger, аccording to а Fox News report.

At this point I'm just hoping they find him at all... :\

Same here, as in, "I'll take what I can get. Whatever. I just want it soon." I want it done and solved. If he is found dead, fine, but I still want proof (or confirmation, since I'm 99.999% sure he did it). But to have to wait a year or two for the trial -- the testimony, the autopsy report, etc., and cameras everywhere, etc....
I just want her mom, dad (what a hero of a man), and step dad to be able to put this to bed asap. That sweet, talented, and abused young woman.

Last edited:
Hearing Gabby say "juice bar" to the police officer reveals just how young she was. She had saved up money, showed a real propensity to produce above average videos suggesting a potential career in producing similar things, and had a real bright affect.

She also was dating / in love with a total dud who was draining / feeding on her positive outlook. Brain was probably quite jealous of Gabby's bright future, and quite frightened that probably sooner or later she would determine that that bright future would be brighter without him.

BL was a dud, but not an idiot. If you see that the best thing in your life is passing you by, you try to destroy that person's bright path - at least a sociopath would. So he likely on an incremental basis just cut her down day by day / hour by hour (e.g., her little blog project").

The sad thing is that there were probably 2 potential results for the GB trip with BL: 1) she realizes he is not a viable future path for her, or 2) BL realizes that she is starting to realize he ain't the one - and did what he could to prevent that outcome.

She was probably starting to figure this out...sadly, he probably figured it out before she did...
She was his "meal ticket" and he was so insecure and afraid, that he did whatever it took to keep her in his bubble. I think his anger / frustration / lack of ability to control her took over, and that is why she is dead. JMO

I had to have the "You are not his meal ticket and he is not allowed to ride your coat tails." talk with my youngest. She's applying to vet schools. He is a dud. I think he's Mr. Right Now, definitely not Mr. Right. But she doesn't see it. I don't see any DV going on but you know I'm always on the look out for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734