Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gabby Petito and her boyfriend kept lists of campgrounds they wanted to visit around Grand Teton National Park
The couple appeared to keep lists of campgrounds across several states, including Idaho, Wyoming, and Utah, on an app called Dyrt. Dyrt is a social media network for campers where people share campground reviews, photos and camping tips.
The couple had a list on their Dyrt account called "CRATERS TO TETON" that includes three campsites spread throughout southeastern Idaho, ending near the border of Wyoming by the Caribou-Targhee National Forest.
A private investigator told Insider that since Laundrie has refused to speak to police and retained a lawyer, they believe he may have left her behind somewhere in Grand Teton National Park. Experts also suggested authorities look within one mile of Laundrie's home for a body, although police have said they have no evidence of a crime.

Is it confirmed that GP made it to WY ?
How is it confirmed?

She might have, perhaps on the advice of one of the people at the Co-Op

But she does not appear to have been harmed nor does she mention anything in subsequent calls to her mom. And after traveling w BL, arrives in SLC to apparently stay several days. He purportedly flies to FL and back and they then resume their trip.
No, GP doesn’t seem to have been harmed, but two other women were.

We don’t know when GP & BL ended up leaving Moab. It’s not beyond the realms of possibility to consider that if GP had found a nice cheap spot, with friendly folk to camp nearby on the 12th, they’d perhaps stay there until the end of the weekend before heading off on Monday 15th, in time for BL to get his flight to FL on the Tuesday.

And this is where concerns about sloppy police work come in. One officer observes marks on her face, but the one writing up the report excludes that info.
Yes, they were doing her a service, but they were also doing him a service by not filling out the story, and asking why she had marks on her face, and asking why he refused to give her the keys to her car.

To a certain extent, you could say "hindsight is 20/20", where--knowing how things turned out, we can look back and say, police should have done this or that, or questioned them more, etc. But if one officer observed they both had marks on them, how could it be so cut-and-dried as to say she was the aggressor beyond doubt?

There are collateral consequences to every arrest. Even if the charges are dropped, you have to petition to have the record annulled or it will come up on every background check you ever do for the rest of your life.

If you are convicted of DV, many states prohibit you from owning a gun. Even if it's just a DV misdemeanor. If you are convicted of a DV felony, you're a felon. You can't vote. You couldn't get a job as manager at a McDonalds. It is a life-changing issue.

So while DV is so serious and I fully support (and represent) DV victims, LE does and should use discretion before arresting someone when it is not clear that there is serious abuse happening.

The LEO who separated Gabby and Brian knew this. He knew if he arrested Gabby it could change her life. We can argue now over if this was the right decision - to just try to defuse the situation and let them both walk away - but I think it's unfair to pretend like this was a light decision and LE somehow failed by erring on the side of not putting a young woman in jail.

Aug 26 is the Day..........Grand Teton National Park to Yellowstone is 31 miles
Yellowstone is a milestone worth noting.....Gabby should/would have noted that arrival. Which should have been on the
26th........

Aug 30 text would mean 2 days in Yellowstone........You need service to text and if the "No service text" went out a brief
update could have went out especially if there has been no communication in 3 days.

There are a few cell towers.

Aug 26 is the hole in the timeline.......

Inobu
Her icloud account, when they get access, will have all the images she took. They will find out when she stopped taking pictures and where she was and wasn't. She is a social media star- she took pictures of everything.

The FBI will build the timeline and there is no way out for the BF.

Edited just now: as will the accounts of the 2 deceased women nearby. If they are connected, there are likely pictures.

Last edited:
I missed that. (the bolded one) Can you elaborate on that statement or point me somewhere to read it. Thank you.
Dagnabbit I can’t find it. But a few days ago, in MSM, reporters were shouting questions to BL’s parents & the mom said “what happened in wy happened in wy”. And that’s all she would say. It didn’t stand out to me at the time, but it sure does now! And I know I’m remembering correctly (though can’t find link now) because a reporter at today’s press conference asked about it. If you listen to the PC vid, you’ll hear it. GP IS IN WY!!! Imo, mho, moo.

Well, if this guy's capable of double murder and perhaps murdering his girlfriend, then there is no way he doesn't have some kind of history. I would think he would have had issues relating to anger at the very least. imo.

I still don't see double murder on the side, but the coincidences are interesting. imo.

CONFIRMED:

My source tells me Kylen Schulte was working at Moonflower Coop on Aug. 12.

She was not working at the time of the dispute between Brian Laundrie and Gabrielle Petito. She got off work about an hour an a half before.

No surveillance video available at the store.

23CFD457-EC47-45CE-8F75-4824D9E22970.jpeg 8FAEA3B4-A8C6-4D99-8E63-F329D41F5408.jpeg

https://twitter.com/morganwolfeksl/status/1438592571446464513?s=21

I really don't think that BL has anything to do with the murder of the two other ladies. It was said a man was stalking them for days and that would mean that Gabby would have had to be a part of that. No way would he have been out of her sight that often stalking other women without her knowing.

I"m trying to understand their silence - I am sure they have been told to make no statements or talk to the press but the problem I have had all along is their non-responsiveness to Gabby's mothers' contact in the very beginning - why would they say nothing? how would they know not to respond? My guess is they called a lawyer September 1 they may have known through family/friends to ask their advice which turned out to be something like "say nothing - not even that their son has possession of her daughter's Van. " - and here we are.
JMO

I mean I think their silence is to protect their son. But his story may be something like - she left me in the desert and I don't know where she is and I'm scared they're going to blame me.

If BL tells his parents he doesn't know where Gabby is, how do BL's parents respond to Gabby's parents? If they say they don't know, Gabby's parents will just keep asking.

Scott Peterson's family is still defending him. Suzanne Morphew's daughters are supporting Barry. People will believe what they want to believe in order to survive. It's not right but it's not rare either.

I was wondering the same thing, mainly because in the body cam footage the officer states there were two witnesses to the incident, but the only one identified was Christopher. I would like to know who the other witness was and whether they also called police to report it.
With the release of the hour plus video of Gabby and the POI's interaction with LE, one has to wonder why the 911 call has not been released.

Initially (like yesterday), I thought the murder of the two newlywed women was just a weird coincidence but after learning that the couple spent hours at the cafe associated with Moonflower, the location where their fight started that resulted in the 911 call.

Maybe the public has not been informed of the 2nd witness because the witness was the murdered woman who worked at the Moonflower?

IF they were going to use that - similar to the mountain lion, stalker, kidnapper, etc we've heard before - they would have IMO made a statement to that effect - it's been 16 days since he's been home with her vehicle and they've made two statements already the second basically saying he won't be talking to LE. However, they may be rethinking that strategy - I"m waiting for the FL lawyer to issue a statement if one is put on retainer ....
JMO
I think @MassGuy had it right- BL’s been in hiding/silence for 16 +5 days so that the scratches he got on the 25th (like the scratches GP gave him in UT but much worse) can heal completely. No pics. No evidence of struggle. Imo, moo, etc.

Yup, and I believe the first thing he said was something like, “Did you already talk to my fiancé?”
And why would he be calling her his "fiancee" to police, when she'd posted on IG awhile back, that they'd called off their engagement? BTW, does anyone remember when it was she posted that?

Last edited:
I am stuck on the timeline thing

1) they are last seen together on video on the 24th
2) GP facetimes her mom on the 25th - nothing seems amiss
3) 26th, 27th ?
4) BL leaves at some point between 28th - 30th, possibly a day or so earlier
5) GP mom gets sporadic texts from 26th - 3oth but now isn't sure it was her
6) text sent on the 30th says "no service in yosemite" cali? so the text indicates that she is now 3 states over from where she was last seen in Wyoming
7) and she couldn't have driven to Yosemite, since BL would have been on the road back to Florida at that point
8) BL arrives back in FL on the 1st

suffice it to say she was never anywhere near Yosemite ... which means nothing ... LE has to know the locations of the phone

Thanks for your thoughts on this, @10ofRods. I’m sometimes reluctant to speak in defense of LE on certain cases because I think there would be less weight credited to my statement given that I’m retired LE. Lord knows we’ve seen enough mistakes and sometimes down right criminal activity on the part of LE, none of which is ever justified. That being said there are times when the accusations against them are not true or their hands are tied by the confines of the law and constitution.
I also thought that the officers here did a good job. They got BL and GP separated right away, they diffused the situation, they interviewed both parties, and made an assessment of the situation. They made arrangements so that BL would spend the night apart from GP and gave her the keys to the van.
It is easy to be a Monday morning quarterback but the fact is that when a LEO responds to an incident, he or she has literally seconds or minutes to assess, control, and remedy a situation. More officers are hurt during traffic stops and DV incidents than from any other situation.
When you get a call for a domestic situation you know ahead of time that emotions will be running really high. Your job at that moment is to insure the safety of the parties involved. We have all heard of or seen instances of severe domestic abuse. They can be horrific. There are laws in place to protect victims. They are not always enough. What LE can’t do is force someone to press charges or prevent someone from returning to an abusive situation. It happens all the time for a myriad of reasons.
What those officers in Moab did that day in August is not the reason we can not find GP. It is not their fault that we don’t know what happened to her a month later. Their response was not sloppy. Let’s place blame where it belongs.
Well said.
I think they did a great job as well. I think they knew that had Gabby gone to jail, her condition would have escalated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz