Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #42

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's based on what people who know him know. So. The man's a murderer, I'm sure of that. I'm not trying to praise him. But I am recognizing that he's comfortable in the outdoors, and is willing to hike under conditions that aren't pleasant. I have spent time on the AT, and on other trails, (not a thru hiker though, at ALL) and this guy looks like a thru hiker. Not an ounce of fat on him, faded, neutral clothing, ready to camp.

Gabby spent birthday on Appalachian Trail where experts suspect Brian's hiding

GABBY Petito spent her 22th birthday with her fiancé Brian Laundrie on the Appalachian Trail – where search experts suspect he could be hiding.

Photos posted on her Instagram on March 27, nine days after her birthday, show Gabby and Brian hiking and hanging out on the trail in Georgia.

Here it is in another article published about 4 hrs ago
Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

Fox News recently obtained the missing persons’ report for Petito, in which her mother, Nichole Schmidt, stated that her daughter was last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park. Schmidt wrote in the report that her Long Island home was a "probable destination."

But she never left Wyoming.
I'm at a loss with, "... last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park ..." Wouldn't that be after BL was picked up hitchhiking by the two ladies? I wonder if that could be wrong.

Yeah, an experienced hiker would know that a human needs more than a large pack of peanut butter crackers to survive in the wilderness.
He even stated he survived on next to nothing.
Kinda grandiose IMO.
Also, probably in mild weather, any extreme would have required additional calories for any human.
Tall tales, I tell ya!
MOO

Brian Laundrie is a wilderness survival expert who lived on crackers for six weeks. | The Washington Newsday
His Instagram posts struck me as grandiose as well. I’m curious if he struggles with more than one personality disorder, or at least symptoms on several.

All of these reports about the aircraft flying over these spots here in Florida have been amazing - so impressed with all of you watching the patterns and reporting - makes me believe they are searching for a very much alive BL- maybe not now- maybe not tonight - but sometime …JMO

well done sleuthers !

Agreed! I'm really enjoying these posts as well. It adds a really interesting layer to the threads, IMO.

My fiance saw the camp and amentities and is now convinced that BL took a boat to Mexico, is in AL or TX or even on a reservation.
I use Tweetdeck for Twitter and I have a column set up with the word LAUNDRIE. I switch back and forth between reading tweets (mentioning the name Laundrie) from verified accounts and also from all accounts. Tonight someone posted photos of someone in Texas sitting at a bar. I have to say, I spent more than a few minutes looking at these photos. If, on the off chance, it was BL - he was wearing a wig (seemed pretty obvious), aviator sunglasses and with those two additions (including a sports jacket that looked like the one in the engagement photo) - well, he could probably go unnoticed.

This minor detail in no way changes the incident report, that it was filed, the location it was filed in, and who it involved, doesn't it? I explained why I wrote that subjective comment about the distance. To me, that distance isn't across town. The statement was 100% me, not the report, so I'm not understanding how the distance matters for the fact that the report exists and it contains the facts of where it was located.
My response to the original commenter was reagrding the statement that said it was right up the street or very close to the reserve. It's not. But I guess that's my opinion.

The friends of GP's made it sound like "he" hiked the AT as in by himself. It was their reason for saying he could survive on his own off the land. I don't believe that and think it was all talk.
Well, AT hikers don't "live off the land". They hike through the land, on minimal provisions and minimal shelter.

At this point, he has managed to evade serious efforts by the FBI to find him. Not sure why everyone doesn't believe Gabby's friends, that he's capable of navigating the wilderness.

Murderer that he is.

who goes on a camping trip when the son's gf is missing in a National Park? Unless of course they went to the National park to camp and look for the missing person.

That’s a definite possibility! If that’s the case, I just wish they’d come out & say that! Because they are being treated so horribly because their actions are making them look guilty, complicit, cruel (if you’re Gabby’s family) or all three IMO. You’d think as absolutely horrendous as they are being treated (I’m not saying whether it’s right or wrong - don’t come for me lol), that if that’s really what happened, they’d have at least said the truth to make some of it stop. IMO but who knows…

I'm at a loss with, "... last seen at 7 a.m. on Aug. 30 at Grand Teton National Park ..." Wouldn't that be after BL was picked up hitchhiking by the two ladies? I wonder if that could be wrong.

Im confused as well. I came across the info in a few articles I read this evening…stating it was included in the missing persons report recently obtained by FOX

If he's hiking for 3 months, it's likely he did more than a small section. In general, people don't tend to camp in a stationary position on the trail. I don't know if you're a hiker yourself, but through hikers often life on stuff like peanut butter cookies and granola, and have severe cravings at the end of their hikes.

I guess the bigger question is, why do you doubt his story? (I'm asking sincerely).

I don't think he's credible. Anyone who abuses their girlfriend and runs home to mommy doesn't fit the profile of being a survivalist. It's just my opinion for now until more information becomes available.

He claimed to have been there for three months and lived on crackers and peanut butter cookies. I don't know which section though.
Thanks. Tonight on HLN a man was discussing the AT in Georgia. He was saying that every 30 miles or so there were places close to get food. Also along the trail were drop boxes accessible to the hikers for mail and packages. He made it sound as if it was very doable and not too difficult on that part of the trail.

So BL was reported missing on 9/11. Had anyone seen him anywhere after the 8th at Fort De Soto?

Fort-De-Soto-Park-Ground-copy.jpg

Laundrie-Check-In-Out.jpg

The documents confirm Chapman’s suspicion that the Laundries went camping at the Fort De Soto Park outside St. Petersburg between his return from out West on Sept. 1 and the day Petito’s mother reported her missing, Sept. 11. They show the family checked in on Sept. 6 and out on Sept. 8 – but there's no record on the document of them the week prior.

The documents show the checkout was actually recorded on Sept. 8 – three days before Petito officially became a missing person.

Chapman on Tuesday questioned why the family would go camping when Petito, who lived with them, was nowhere to be found. Neighbors had also raised concerns about the camping trip.

….

Thomas Rutherford, , another camper whos name appeared on the ledger, and his wife were celebrating their anniversary at the campground, three spots down from the Laundries, he told Fox News.

He could "vaguely remember" seeing their truck and camper because he and his wife rarely see campers attached to vehicles anymore. Other than that, he had no interaction with the family.

Brian Laundrie manhunt: Florida park documents confirm family camped out after Gabby Petito disappearance

My response to the original commenter was reagrding the statement that said it was right up the street or very close to the reserve. It's not. But I guess that's my opinion.

I am the original commentator and it is a matter of opinion. I apologized and I even explained why I think things within 5 miles are up the street. I really shouldn't apologize when I live in a city that is 23 miles big. Oh, well. I'm glad we agree it's a matter of opinion and can lay it to rest as it doesn't change anything about the report or the facts.

Last edited:
The couple left in early July for this trip that ended at the end of August, and had done a trip the prior year, and he had hiked the AT. Tourist spots or not, they weren't staying in resorts. They were staying in that little van, or in a tent, and tooling around hiking. Gabby spent significant time setting up backdrops for her videos, hoping to turn it into a lucrative job, but it appears to me all he wanted to do was commune with nature and hike.

Mostly, probably, but they also stayed in hotels and ate in restaurants during this trip so we know they were not "roughing it" the entire time. He was also reportedly hitchhiking, and maybe even sitting in bars some nights. He maybe even took a plane home in the middle of this vanlife trip to move things out of a storage place, which means back to civilization for almost a week.

I think the portrayal of BL as an outdoorsman is only half true, if that. Mostly an image he created for SM.

I also think the likelihood that he's sleeping outside using his supposed "survival skills" every night is very, very unlikely. Someone is helping him, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces