Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's remarkable when compared to most situations like this, yet par for the course in this particular case.

They've protected him since day one, and I'm wondering if they are hoping for the third, yet impossible scenario:

That their son remain free forever.

Reminds me of Robert Chambers (criminal) - Wikipedia...but they eventually get caught in the end...

Totally OT---who are you rooting for---TB or the the Pats?

I’m simply a couch potato who enjoys true crime. So, keep that in mind… If FBI was collecting DNA from the camper, wouldn’t it have taken longer than just those few seconds. I seem to think they wouldn’t have had one specific place to go and grab a sample from. I’m thinking it had to be a specific object. JMO

I agree.. I think it is a specific object. A piece of electronics (cell phone, SIM card, battery, charger).

I also can't shake the feeling that Gabby may have had healed fractures on autopsy or previous injuries, that would point to continued abuse by her abuser over a period of time.
The FBI returning multiple times, looking so hard for him. I have a feeling that there is more under the surface that would be revealed in autopsy.
Or he may have committed other crimes while on the move. That has been discovered after a DNA profile was established.

MOO
Healed fractures?? Has anything been reported to suggest injuries and fractures?

I wonder if there have been 911 calls made in the past from the Laundrie residence?

When I say 'in the past', I mean in the time period BL and GP lived there along with BL's parents.

It's been widely reported that BL and GP's relationship was hot and cold, on and off, so it makes me think that 911 might have been called before if their arguments were explosive (and particularly if one, or both of them got violent).

MOO
Now, THAT would be interesting.

Didn’t GP’s dad say he went over to the Laundrie house to try to find out info about his daughter because they couldn’t reach Gabby and no one was responding to calls or texts asking about her? Maybe the Laundries called 911 because Mr Petito was outside their door and wouldn’t go away.

This! We know they do that - they called 911 when DTBH was knocking on their door and wouldn't go away so you can bet your bottom dollar they did the same when Gabby's dad showed up.

MOO

I’m simply a couch potato who enjoys true crime. So, keep that in mind… If FBI was collecting DNA from the camper, wouldn’t it have taken longer than just those few seconds. I seem to think they wouldn’t have had one specific place to go and grab a sample from. I’m thinking it had to be a specific object. JMO
Interesting point. And what would the integrity of this item be at this point, not only because it has sat for a month where anyone could have done anything to it, but also because it is Florida in late summer and it's probably humid and hot as all hell in there, baking in the sun day after day, in the driveway.

Didn’t GP’s dad say he went over to the Laundrie house to try to find out info about his daughter because they couldn’t reach Gabby and no one was responding to calls or texts asking about her? Maybe the Laundries called 911 because Mr Petito was outside their door and wouldn’t go away.
No, he didn't go there in person. I think both Gabby's parents became furious when they found out Brian and his parents were home after they had been calling and texting with no response. After they requested a well check and found out Gabby wasn't there, they knew something was very wrong. Imo

I've heard that if the items with the scent had become contaminated from being handled by others, new items would have to be gotten.

(I think scent on items also decreases with time. Though that would presumably also occur in the Laundries' home or camper, maybe it would decrease less than if it was being used outside? Not sure about that.)

One may also hope that the items given to LE by the Laundries were actually ones that had BL's scent on them.

JMO
Hoping they got a pair of HIS shoes. Those should have his scent and his scent only -- let's hope. My friend who is a SAR says a pair of shoes are one of the best scents for searching.

If GP wasn’t even “missing” until September 11, technically everyone involved should have been under the impression/understanding that everything was totally normal and all people involved were fine. With this being the case, there is a lot of timeline based information that shows the L family knew more than anyone else about the situation, well before anyone else:
  • GP is killed
  • BL races home in GP’s van without her
  • L parents buy BL a new phone / plan (was BL on GP’s phone plan? This would show that they knew he wasn’t going to continue on that plan
  • P family calling and texting L parents to find GP, they haven’t heard from her and are worried. L parents ignore all contact and engage their lawyer
  • L parents and BL go camping (conspiratorially BL does not return with them)
  • GP officially missing (no reason for L family to have ignored anyone or done anything strange until this point if they were clueless as to the condition of GP)
  • L parents say BL left his wallet and phone and took a hike
  • GP found - homicide
Based upon everything that happened before GP was even a missing person, it’s obvious that the L family is complicit in SOME kind of a plot. They are just as entwined in this as BL.

I sincerely hope they have to answer for their actions (or lack thereof) in a criminal manner.

I’m thinking it would be horrible to be a prisoner in your home . (with cameras, protestors, flower memorial, a deceased girlfriends belongings items around, a son missing and FBI in and out) they can’t even watch regular tv shows without seeing news about their son. The house is bugged, what would they do or talk about? What a nightmare. IMOO now I know I will never help someone escape from a crime!
It absolutely boggles my mind how they’re enduring it?! Walking by the flowers for Gabby like it’s no big deal, the guy w the megaphone... I just can’t help but think most people not involved somehow would say something to attempt to garner some sympathy &/or privacy, whether condolences for Gabby’s family, claims they’re trying to assist LE, pleading about their son’s whereabouts, anything. It is so odd & disturbing IMO.

What's the likelihood of him getting mauled by a panther? J/w.

A simple Google search confirmed there are panthers and Bobcats in FL. Though, I did not find anything about reports of panther attacks in FL. I would say it is possible, but not highly probable. Though, if you become injured, that can change things quickly. JMO

My 29 yo daughter died in May and I called AT&T to find out if LE could access her records even if I ended her phone service. AT&T told me that they kept records of texts and phone logs for 18 months and maybe could even get older records under some circumstances. AT&T said they needed a warrant from LE to provide the info and could not give it to me even if my daughter was on my family plan. AT&T said they could even provide transcripts of text messages between my daughter’s iPhone and other types of phones. However, iMessages between 2 iPhones would have to be requested from Apple (also with a warrant) if my daughter had an iCloud account that backed up her phone, which she did. Apple will not unlock phones even if LE asks them to. Just FYI my daughter died of an OD, which NC investigates as a homicide. I let the detective know the information from AT&T, but I don’t know if NC LE ever got a warrant for AT&T or Apple. I gave LE her phone and text logs. All this to say I don’t think BL getting a new phone will preclude LE from getting data on his old phone from AT&T and/or Apple.
I'm so sorry about your daughter.

Snipped and bolded by me.

Is it bugged? or is that a guess? Just asking because people will run with that!

Nowhere has it been confirmed that the house is bugged (for starters, that revelation would defeat the object of covert listening devices or cameras!), but I think it's a very fair presumption to think it will have been bugged by the FBI.

The Laundrie's will know this, though, which should make their conversation at dinner very interesting.

"Do you think it's going to rain tomorrow, Roberta?" "That sweater colour really suits you, Chris" ;)

#smalltalkcentral

MOO

Maybe you've missed the 10 million posts about alligators living out there, and poisonous snakes. And other animals. Or he could have jumped in the water to avoid a snake or insects and gotten stuck in the mud. But personally I doubt he was ever in that swamp, so he's probably not in the water out there. JMOO

Southern forests and swamps have a certain number of predatory animals, but by far the most dangerous ones are other *advertiser censored* Sapiens.

In the end, the other wildlife is more dangerous in theory than in practice:

Alligators do not actively hunt humans and will almost always leave adult humans alone if left alone. Exceptions can be made when humans present themselves as easy meals of opportunity or pests by entering or walking very close to the water at dawn or dusk, swimming fully immersed, stumbling over or messing around with an alligator- especially during nesting season etc.

Poisonous snakes? They do exist, but unlike their extremely poisonous cousins on other continents, US poisonous snakes and other creepy crawlies are relatively not that poisonous. Sure, people have been killed, but its usually the result of an allergic reaction or from leaving the bite untreated for days.

Quicksand? Very common in movies, less common in reality- if it even exists at all in the "suck'em down" sense of the word.

In short, unless he killed himself, there is a very good chance that he did not fall victim to ferocious fauna and is alive and doing relatively well.

Last edited:
Healed fractures?? Has anything been reported to suggest injuries and fractures?
Not that I've seen. I think they are insinuating that abuse is a pattern. If BL did murder GP in an abusive fit of rage, it's likely it wouldn't have been the first time he had acted this aggressively. She likely had other serious injuries in the past that were hidden as "accidents" (falls, mishaps, etc, always at the fault of the injured, not the abuser).

MOO - and someone who has multiple loved ones who were in abusive relationships at one point or another in their lives.

This! We know they do that - they called 911 when DTBH was knocking on their door and wouldn't go away so you can bet your bottom dollar they did the same when Gabby's dad showed up.

MOO

Except he didn't show up there.

JP's lawyer has asserted that he never went to the house or even the neighbourhood. The NPPD have also tried to clarify this point.

Apparently the September 10th 'public service' incident appears to be a call made to the police asking for a wellness check on Gabby - or something along those lines.

TL;DR Gabby's dad did not go to the Laundrie's residence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coach K