Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not surprised but then again, I am. I don't understand how BL and his family think they could just get away with things and it would never come to light.

Easy why he thought he might get away with it :
in even six weeks that camping ground will be desolate. On Friday nxt next it will go to -4.5 C or 24F and will likely snow.

On this Saturday it will go colder.
The the snows come down. Imagine that body is still there. As it gets colder and food harder to find, wolves and coyotes will get interested in anything. So at that stage the bones might get scattered. Then it will snow over and freeze. Next thaw the rivers will start pouring down out of mountains scouring out that river bed -notice there is no dried wood anywhere near that river bed (that is a typical mountain lowland river bead as you can see from the rounded stones and grit sand )

As soon as the skull and pelvis are buried or broken up there is no recognisable human form really. And you have just another cold case and no body.

Next summer when the campers arrive, even if they walk that way there might be nothing to notice .

Kidon Gadol

I would like to hear your answers to the following. All Opinion Only.

1) Do you believe BL killed Gabby? (If not, scroll and roll)
2) When ?
3) Why ?
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser ? Accident ? How did he kill her?
5) How did BL become the person he is ?

For me it’s
1). Yes
2). On August 27 shortly after the Merry Pigs incident.
3). He felt she “made him look bad” by apologizing to the staff for his behavior and his ego could not handle that - he has no self awareness. It was like a last straw on the trip in his mind. I also feel he is psychotic.
4) Yes thought about it for some length of time however short. Deliberately delivered a blow.
5) Spoiled by mother who overlooks all his faults. Fruit and trees scenario. MOO
1 - Yes
2 - Aug. 27 likely
3 - Anger, immaturity, entitlement, panic she might tell that he abused her
4 - Not sure. Maybe not premeditated but could very well have been leading up to it, even if it wasn’t consciously. At the moment my best guess is he hit her and she fell/hit her head or he beat her to death.
5 - Possible genetics, mental illness combined with not being given boundaries and his parents/ others enabling him throughout his life. Probably not taught about respect for women, the importance of accountability, etc.

Reminder regarding the vilification of the Laundries regarding their silence and cooperation at the expense of their reputation. I don't know, I think this is worth remembering (MOO!!!!) Why does anyone think this situation has changed? They had it planned which defies the theories that they WANT to remain silent. Again, MOO.

Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI’s request
Laundrie family attorney cancels press conference at FBI's request

I think it is possible that Gabby had enough, mentally beaten down, feeling blue, and told BL that she wanted to pack up and head home to NY - without him.

It is well-known that a victim is in the most danger when they try to leave their controlling/abusive partner.

BBM. Exactly. And he went off the deep end. Perhaps he scared her enough that she grabbed her phone and told him she was calling the police. Could be why he snapped.

JMO

I want to take a moment to say Thank You to Tricia for giving us this chance to continue this discussion thread.
I come here because the cumulative brainstorming power is like no other, WS standards are high but fair & welcoming.
I'm proud to be a member of this cumulative & unique sleuthing community & grateful for the abundance of time, patience and understanding our Moderators and Admins give.
THANK YOU! :)

Yes. I don't see squadrons of aircraft searching Wyoming looking for a loose killer. The FBI seem to be focused on Brian as the perp.

2) When ?

Almost straight after the Merry Piglet episode.
3) Why ?

She shamed him, she 'betrayed' him by going back to apoligise for him.. Him, like as if!.. the nerve!... He should have been apologised to!.. his rage in public was OTT , god alone knows what level it reached once out of sight.
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser

Premeditated, in the 9th degree. . It was always on the cards. Because I think he used his hands to murder her, not some instrument, it took a while, he had motivation and determination to end her existence.

? Accident ? How did he kill her?

No accident. suffocation. strangulation, probably. whatever it was, it was up close and personal. I do suspect he mutilated her body in a significant way, I base this on the forensic conclusion of murder, and not any unknown cause. Something made the autopsy be definitive about the call of murder.

5) How did BL become the person he is ? A combo of genetics , nurture and in the end, plain unvarnished choice. He loved his own temper, he loved his capacity to exhaust people, eg Gabby at Moab , etc. A complete lack of insight and self discipline, and a vacuum of perspective on how the world works.

That's something that bothers me. There's the redacted police report that pertains to a "home 'public service' incident" at the Laundrie's house the day before GP was reported as missing that names Joseph Petito as being involved, but police denied he went there. That's what sparked this whole "Gabby's dad went to Laundrie's house the day before she was reported missing" thing.

Thinking harder about it, seems like GP's dad asked for a wellfare check on his daughter, but that's just speculation and MOO.

I always figured that's what it was. They probably asked if her van was there, or spotted it, leading to the lightning fast seizure of the van on the 11th.

MOO

1 - Yes
2 - Aug. 27 likely
3 - Anger, immaturity, entitlement, panic she might tell that he abused her
4 - Not sure. Maybe not premeditated but could very well have been leading up to it, even if it wasn’t consciously. At the moment my best guess is he hit her and she fell/hit her head or he beat her to death.
5 - Possible genetics, mental illness combined with not being given boundaries and his parents/ others enabling him throughout his life. Probably not taught about respect for women, the importance of accountability, etc.

Great insights.

Yes. I don't see squadrons of aircraft searching Wyoming looking for a loose killer. The FBI seem to be focused on Brian as the perp.

2) When ?

Almost straight after the Merry Piglet episode.
3) Why ?

She shamed him, she 'betrayed' him by going back to apoligise for him.. Him, like as if!.. the nerve!... He should have been apologised to!.. his rage in public was OTT , god alone knows what level it reached once out of sight.
4) Premeditated and Deliberated or something lesser

Premeditated, in the 9th degree. . It was always on the cards. Because I think he used his hands to murder her, not some instrument, it took a while, he had motivation and determination to end her existence.

? Accident ? How did he kill her?

No accident. suffocation. strangulation, probably. whatever it was, it was up close and personal. I do suspect he mutilated her body in a significant way, I base this on the forensic conclusion of murder, and not any unknown cause. Something made the autopsy be definitive about the call of murder.

5) How did BL become the person he is ? A combo of genetics , nurture and in the end, plain unvarnished choice. He loved his own temper, he loved his capacity to exhaust people, eg Gabby at Moab , etc. A complete lack of insight and self discipline, and a vacuum of perspective on how the world works.

Could not agree more. Excellent points tied to the evidence we have.

There are 46 pages of@NorthPortPolice records for “calls of service” coming from the #Laundrie home from Sept. 10 - 27. Two of the calls are from the day before #GabbyPetito was reported missing (3:38 p.m. & 6:29 p.m.)
View attachment 315609 View attachment 315610
The call reasons and information are redacted, but read ‘problem solved’.

Hmmm, that's very bizarre. I wonder what those 2 calls were about?
What are our guesses and/or theories?

The phone calls would have surely come from either one of the parents. I can't see BL calling the police himself.

Have you ever heard of Ira Einhorn? He was tried in absentia for the murder of Holly Maddux.
Ira Einhorn Trial: 1993 | Encyclopedia.com
An interesting (IMO) side note, following his guilty verdict in absentia, an extradition agreement to get IE back in the United States was dependent on him getting a second trial, in person. His defense lawyer was Arlen Specter (who went on to serve in the United States Senate) and Ira Einhorn was found guilty and spent about 18 years in person, dying in prison.

I think it is possible that Gabby had enough, mentally beaten down, feeling blue, and told BL that she wanted to pack up and head home to NY - without him.

It is well-known that a victim is in the most danger when they try to leave their controlling/abusive partner.
Just to add on, the fight at the restaurant may have been the last straw for her, now she saw him in public acting like he did in private, and she might have told him they were done/thru after that which caused him to lose it. Her telling him they were done was the final straw and he snapped and killed her. JMOO.

I go back and forth on this, too. It could be that BL was initially going with my plan - hitchhike out of there and catch a plane home. Instead, he turns around and goes back for the van. Makes me wonder if he called mom during his initial hitchhike and she's the one who unwisely told him to go back for the van?

Whoever had that idea, it was the biggest mistake he made after the homicide.

North Port Police have revealed that they did not see Brian Laundrie at his Florida home during the September 11 search and seizure of her van which has now raised many questions in the murder case of late girlfriend Gabby Petito.

When spokesperson Josh Taylor spoke with media outlets, he said that cops who were present that evening did not "spot" the 23-year-old, who is currently missing.

This begs the question of when Brian actually went missing. The family told police that their son left the house on September 14 to go for a hike near the Carlton reserve and never returned. Brian was then reported missing three days later on September 17.

The Laundrie family chose not to cooperate with authorities that night directing all questions from cops to attorney Steven Bertoloni.
Authorities Admit Brian Laundrie Was Not Present At His Florida Home During September 11 Search & Seizure Of Van
Very interesting. So the last seen date for BL is only coming from his parents and his parents lawyer? Not sure I’m confident they’re being truthful. JMO.

On average, how much (if any) warning do the Laundries get from their attorney before the police or FBI show up at their door to inspect and/or pick items?
Why do they keep coming back to pick up more small items? Wouldn’t you think they’d just take everything they can as early on as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChillThrills