Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #45

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought about that but hitchhiking from the van dump doesn't work either because it creates witnesses. He's screwed no matter what. Driving the van home buys him time to run, but then he didn't use it. Why didn't he nope out as soon as he got back to FL? Just all kinds of WTF?
Because the parents were negotiating with people on where he could hide and what the legal situation was and if they could get someone to obfuscate. Without a place to go when he gets there (Can, NY , whatever ) he's a fish out of water, He has no job and no ID he can use. He'd be picked up within a few days.

Between the 9-10th after the return from deSoto park, they were mulling options. Then the police welfare visit came on the evening of the 10th , about 6pm. That put the wind up them. Brian had to go. Just my take on it.

Hmmm, that's very bizarre. I wonder what those 2 calls were about?
What are our guesses and/or theories?

The phone calls would have surely come from either one of the parents. I can't see BL calling the police himself.

Oh boy, the last time I wrote about the police "incident" on the 10th I had a handful of WS's correct me and ask me why I was bringing something up that was debunked. <modsnip> If it was simply a welfare check, they would not be so heavily redacted. IMO MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
On average, how much (if any) warning do the Laundries get from their attorney before the police or FBI show up at their door to inspect and/or pick items?
Why do they keep coming back to pick up more small items? Wouldn’t you think they’d just take everything they can as early on as possible?

I hope they received no notice when they will be arriving. I like the element of surprise more. It will keep them stressed out every time someone from LE or FBI show up.

Could be a tactic to check up on them too.

They could receive new information and get new warrants to further search for evidence from the new information.

The fight at the restaurant may have been the last straw for her, now she saw him in public acting like he did in private, and she might have told him they were done/thru after that which caused him to lose it. Her telling him they were done was the final straw and he snapped and killed her. JMOO.

BBM.

No, I can't see it. Gabby would have never told him this. As a victim of DV, I think she was so low on self-esteem and under his control, she wouldn't have dared say this to him.
I don't think would have the courage, or be in the right mental place to stand up to him.

Plus, she was dependent on BL to do all the driving. And this trip was about driving!

Without Brian she wouldn't have been able to do this trip, and her #vanlife influncer dream would end abruptly.

I thought about that but hitchhiking from the van dump doesn't work either because it creates witnesses. He's screwed no matter what. Driving the van home buys him time to run, but then he didn't use it. Why didn't he nope out as soon as he got back to FL? Just all kinds of WTF?
Witnesses would actually have been helpful in this scenario - he has a trail of witnesses to support his story about bugging out of the campsite and hitchhikking his way to the airport alone. He doesn't know what happened to Gabby after he left. It's still a better plan than what he actually did.

And yes, this whole thing is really WTF?

JMO

I hope they received no notice when they will be arriving. I like the element of surprise more. It will keep them stressed out every time someone from LE or FBI show up.

Could be a tactic to check up on them too.

They could receive new information and get new warrants to further search for evidence from the new information.

Since they have an attorney - and can maintain their 5th Amendment rights - I am sure they have notice from their attorney each time and are given instructions as to what to do and where LE need access. They likely sit apart and do not make any contact verbal or otherwise unless absolutely necessary.

@WFLAJustin

North Port Police spokesperson tells
@WFLANiko
that Gabby’s mom Nichole Schmidt made these calls on Sept. 10, but officers did not respond to the Laundrie home on Wabasso Ave. until the next day after missing person report was filed with Suffolk County PD in NY

Oh, I see. They do not bother to go and check her on her face-to-face to even see if she's home? Do they even call the Laundrie's house?

I see no reason why both cannot be true.

The FBI explaining to Bertolino that a presser would not be in his clients best interest at that point in time (or maybe ever).

Mr.Bertolino has no problem tweeting or texting the local reporters camped out in front of the Laundrie home though. Never heard of such a thing. He’s gorilla glued their mouths shut but can’t control his own. IMO

@WFLAJustin

North Port Police spokesperson tells
@WFLANiko
that Gabby’s mom Nichole Schmidt made these calls on Sept. 10, but officers did not respond to the Laundrie home on Wabasso Ave. until the next day after missing person report was filed with Suffolk County PD in NY
Ok, I understand now. THANKS VERY MUCH. !!

Finally it makes sense...if NPPD went by the L's house on Sept. 10th there would have been no need for Gabby's dad to drive by their house to see her van. When the missing person's report was taken in NY, the assisting agency, NPPD, would have known right where Gabby's van was.

Just curious - what do you think the vibe is whenever LE needs to get something from the Laundries? Is it awkward silence or small talk about the Dolphins? Not making light but I kinda wanna be a fly on the wall in that home.
Well, right now they are working the
That's what my reference to docusign is about. Most large and mid-size firms implemented docusign, or hired a third-party vendor providing similar services, so that even legal documents could be signed electronically. Smaller firms maybe not so much. Did you have to have a notary? We were even able to arrange that service electronically, but I understand it was a bit tricky. I can see a smallish firm having you come in person to have something notarized, but I can't think what that might be in this case.

That's exactly how our office operated. We did Zoom consultations and did docusign. The Federal Bankruptcy Court we're in actually addressed it to say they would be accepted. I am a notary, so I could notarized the document as soon as I got it back signed. I can't imagine that an attorney in NY couldn't do the same.

Is it nearing the time when the very last people who , as far as is known, saw Brian alive are being seen as possible perpetrators, and not just by standers??.

This is only if one accepts that Brian is not alive, which I do, I don't see him with enough smarts, either physically or psychologically to be expertly escaping this kind of full on search, by LE, Bounty people, and the general public at large.

I merely put this out there, as , while improbable, it is not impossible.

Yes! If the parents were the last people to see him alive, they should be investigated for his disappearance. It is possible (admittedly not probable) they decided that they raised a monster and it was their responsibility to get rid of said monster permanently. If they arrested either of the parents, maybe they would be more forthcoming with information regarding their son's whereabouts to prove that he is still alive. IMO.

Last edited:
BBM.

No, I can't see it. Gabby would have never told him this. As a victim of DV, I think she was so low on self-esteem and under his control, she wouldn't dare have said this to him.
I don't think would have the courage, or be in the right mental place to stand up to him.

Plus, she was dependent on BL to do all the driving. And this trip was about driving!

Without Brian she wouldn't have been able to do this trip, and her #vanlife influncer dream would end abruptly.

Personally, I think if Gabby was so low on self esteem she wouldn't have been fighting him for her phone, climbing over him in the van. She would have dociley stood there and let him take her phone and slap her around. Been compliant.

I think Gabby was a strong young woman ... be it feeling quite mentally beaten down - at the time - from spending so much time alone with BL in recent weeks.

Brian Entin @BrianEntin 34s

1/2 North Port Police say the reports on Sept. 10 relate to the Petito family reporting Gabby missing. "We were working with the family to get them to report the issue where it needed to be reported at. We were simply not the right outlet to report a person missing...
Quote Tweet

Brian Entin @BrianEntin 3h
Police were called to the Laundrie house two times the day before Gabby Petito was reported missing. Reports attached. Police redacted the narratives. Reports say: "Problem Settled"
Show this thread

Brian Entin @BrianEntin
43s
2/2 ...out of another state. Per policy and Florida State statute, the missing person should be reported missing where they’re last known location was." - Josh Taylor, North Port PD.
That was 100% my first thought. Because -MOO- if my child was missing and the BFs parents weren't answering my calls, I'd be calling the local LE begging them to go the house for a welfare check. MOO/JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gypsysoul11