Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were laid off from your job you qualified. I wonder if they were 'employed' my mom and dad in the Juicing business? Just a thought. That would have qualified them.

We fired someone last November for stealing, and he was able to collect unemployment (AND the supplemental unemployment as well). So even if someone was fired for cause, they managed to collect. I don’t doubt that there were people who quit their jobs and still collected unemployment.

We fired someone last November for stealing, and he was able to collect unemployment (AND the supplemental unemployment as well). So even if someone was fired for cause, they managed to collect. I don’t doubt that there were people who quit their jobs and still collected unemployment.
It depends on the circumstances and whether or not the DWD did an investigation. There are still some people I know that have not qualified.

You've stated it perfectly. I can understand handing over the number for your one family friend who practices law when the cops unexpectedly show up at your door looking for your son's missing girlfriend whose van is in the driveway, but if that family friend was really a friend or a halfway decent lawyer, the very next day he would have gotten all his buddies in the legal field to recommend the best criminal defense attorney in Florida and would have immediately stopped calling the shots.

I have been in similar situations where former clients were in trouble in states where I don't practice in areas where I don't practice and I was happy to take a call or two to literally tell attorneys from that state's AG's office that my client is working on getting local counsel, and as soon as they have counsel they will come in to discuss the issue but since I am not admitted to practice law in that state we really do not think it is appropriate to discuss anything substantive to avoid wasting everyone's time. Every single time that happened the State AG or the local DA attorneys completely understood even if they stressed that this was time sensitive and they were really interested in speaking to my client soon.

No prosecutor is going to "force" you to accept inappropriate representation. They understand the rules around unauthorized versus competent counsel.

I get it. There are lots of wild possibilities for where BL could be. But more times than not, the simplest option is the one that is true. He could very well just be dead somewhere near his home. And dead since 9/7 or 9/11 or 9/13 or whenever the last date is that anyone really saw him.
You can all “duh” me hehe but this seems staged to me by Brian. His folks got him a new AT&T phone which “he left at home” when he went for his “hike.” I never run without one in case of injury, getting off course or other. He is an experienced hiker and camper, likely had a burner phone and other devices to help navigate. As far as over the border, over the bother where? Cuba? Another island? Texas is a long way away let alone then heading south to that border <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Could Brian Laundrie have escaped on Cruise Ship? Ex-FBI speculates

According to this source, former FBI agent John MacVeigh has now come forward to share his theory: Brian Laundrie could have escaped via a cruise ship or plane. MacVeigh suspected that Laundrie could have gone international.

In talks with ABC affiliate WPBF, the retired FBI agent said: “I assume those agents have been around everywhere, looking from the house to that park, to see was there any video, did they stop to get gas?

“Since the warrant’s been issued, then the FBI can issue a red notice, which goes to Interpol and it’s sent out to all the countries.”
Thank you!

Somewhere in this discussion today, Interpol came up.

I know Interpol will post red alerts for wanted persons, but according to some quick research, I doubt that includes people wanted for $1000 in alleged credit card fraud.

I'm also thinking a person of interest doesn't qualify either.

About Red Notices
I am fairly certain LE is coming up with a larger warrant than fraud. INTERPOL is not directly involved yet nor have they issued a red notice but my guess is that once the autopsy is done things will move very quickly on that front.

Well this is interesting. Not sure how I feel about it. "The forensic death investigation is being overseen by Brent Blue, MD, an emergency room physician -- not a forensic pathologist -- who is the elected coroner of Teton County."
https://www.medpagetoday.com/opinion/working-stiff/94788?trw=no?xid=nl_popmed_2021-10-01&eun=g1295367d0r&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=PopMedicine_100121&utm_term=NL_Gen_Int_PopMedicine_Active

Well, the people of Rexburg Idaho would be doing handsprings, as their coroner is an EMT... it's all relative.

Seems to me on the 6th they all got together in DeSoto to plan what all needed to be done to hide and lose any evidence. Sister might be a bigger story in the potential help or collusion. Did she take some items and what vehicle did BL drive there. Where did his sister go after he left Sept 1 and after Sept 6? Out of town at all? Interesting developments

Or it could have been something as innocent as a day trip with her children to the campground and beach on a nice late summer day around Labor Day weekend. I don't think it was anything more than that on CL's part.

Look at the right side of her neck and upper back (shoulder blade area) as she is sitting on the board just before she goes downhill.

TikTok

Thank you so much.

I agree there are bruises in both places. The ones on her shoulder are not as concerning (she is engaging in a sport that definitely produces bruises - although those are finger sized).

It's the one on the side of her neck that's really concerning. I just don't see how one could get a finger shaped bruise right there through any sport or simply bumping into something.

Great sleuthing, Shelbycat. I assume FBI are aware, but one wonders...

According to this, it's only 35 miles North though. So I think either scenario is possible. That he saw her first or went to her later - especially since he got to his parents in the morning.

Possible law enforcement agents at home of Brian Laundrie's sister in Lakewood Ranch

My ex's parents grew up in Lakewood Ranch and it's very possible that BL could have met up with CL in Bradenton or Sarasota as well. I remember his mom telling stories about how a lot of the "fun stuff" and errands were done in Sarasota and LR is more of a planned community rather than a city.

Somewhere in this discussion today, Interpol came up.

I know Interpol will post red alerts for wanted persons, but according to some quick research, I doubt that includes people wanted for $1000 in alleged credit card fraud.

I'm also thinking a person of interest doesn't qualify either.

About Red Notices
The 1k was the threshold for charging. We don't officially know if it was $1001 or $20,000. Interpol does all sorts of things, such as cooperation in global drug movement. It would be easy to locate a person and just monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV