Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #46

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Consider the case of Alex Kelly, rapist, who fled the USA, traveled the world and was finally arrested in Switzerland. Seven years on the run. Once INTERPOL gets involved, you have some serious dodging and weaving on your hands, and you need tons of money to keep it up. I don't know if the Laundries intend spending their retirement nest egg financing an extended European tour for Brian. The FBI will watch the parents like hawks. MOO

Hey, all. Given that it's now three weeks since BL disappeared and ...

(a) there have been no confirmed sightings of him since then and
(b) LE, who have better information than anyone have shown almost no interest in searching anywhere but the reserve
(c) Brian 'Flip Flops' Laundrie shows no signs of being a master criminal or expert survivalist
(d) His parents are human beings and probably aren't evil enough to simply cover up a murder

... I've somewhat changed my view of this case. The simplest explanation now seems to me to be:

1. BL killed GP on the 27th or morning of the 28th August
  2. He fled the scene and hitch-hiked around, trying to set up and alibi and figure out what the hell to do.
  3. He returned to the scene of the crime on 29th and for whatever reason chose to take the van, the debit cards, and drive back to Florida. He probably notified his family he was heading home at this point, and may have told them he'd broken up with Gabby and she was heading to Yellowstone on her own to meet up with a friend.
  4. He told his parents the same *advertiser censored* and bull story he planned to tell LE, and they bought it
  5. He told his parents he needed a clean break with GP because the relationship had become toxic ('crazy ex-girlfriend') and they needed to ignore calls from her family etc
  6. He told his parents he'd lost his phone and so they helped him get another one
  7. They took him camping to 'cheer him up'.
  8. Around the 10th September the parents finally became aware that Gabby was missing when the cops turned up asking where she was
  9. The parents interrogated BL about what had actually happened and he either did or didn't confess to them. There was probably an enormous argument either way.
  10. The parents called a lawyer who was a family friend, who said (correctly) you have enormous potential legal exposure. Even if BL is innocent you should not talk to the cops.
  11. Parents continued interrogating BL about what had happened and he couldn't take it any more, so took the Mustang and fled.
  12. The parents haven't begged for his return because they want to dissociate themselves from him, but they won't talk to the cops because they are worried about their own legal exposure
  13. BL either took his life or died of some other cause in the swamp.

One other minor point about the Mustang, which apparently picked up a ticket on the day BL went to the reserve: I'm not sure where he parked it but the Myakka Park has an entrance fee and if he didn't buy a pass for the car it could well have been ticketed that day.

Wow. I agree with you until point 13). At that point he got help from someone and is alive somewhere. May he be found swiftly.

I believe this is the first time I've heard anything about a vehicle that belonged to his grandfather. I wonder what makes them say that. Is Laundrie's grandather's car missing?

It sounds almost like something that the FBI didn't want to release to the general public, but did release to LE angencies, and that this set of bounty hunters found out through local LE. MOO.
I’m MOO it was totally debunked earlier this week. This guy was inserted himself into the summer Wells case I was following and he was sketchy at best. Again MOO after looking into him and his group this summer.

This has been something that has confused me a bit from the beginning of the "missing" announcement. I don't remember seeing anything about what clothes he might be wearing. Just that he left with a hiking backpack that clipped around the waist (and I don't remember if they gave a specific color). It was the most vague details for someone people were supposed to be on the lookout for.

When I first read the description of what he was wearing when last seen and then find out he took the car? I’m visualizing someone gearing up to take a hike, walking out to the car and taking it all off to drive the car. Is that really how it’s done? Wouldn’t you just carry the pack out to the car? I don’t hike. I really don’t know.

Oh, I see the server is touchy this morning. Will limit posts. Thanks @texas Wolfman for coming to Tricia’s show and explaining the upgrade.

I think this is quite possible...and its all coming true, isn't it? He's managed to get the entire world hating people they don't know. Its probably going to kill their business. They're near retirement age - an awful time to lose income and become the poster children for helping someone the world considers a murderer to abscond. MOO

saying nothing is IMO a terrible strategy at this point. Clearly the longer they go without saying anything, the more likely it is that they have nothing defensible or good to tell or claim.

That's a very good question and I think the answer is that either

a) the parents didn't know -- BL left without telling them, or
b) the parents didn't tell LE

Yeah, this is the obvious answer.

either a lot of Brian’s clothes aren’t memorable and can easily be conflated; or they have, again, chosen not to reveal important details because they’d rather he not be found.

So just what kind of art would you stereotype a "nature lover-environmentalist" as creating?

just a guess but… landscapes? Nature?

Trees, leaves, flowers, clouds, etc. Bears or chipmunks?

Where did the van life trip start? Did they leave from Florida or from New York? Curious whose parents gave them a going away party and witnessed the state of the relationship before setting off together on this incredibly stressful experience together.

When I look at the video of Gabby in the back of that cop SUV. It's so sad. She seems so fragile. All this social media and everyone trying to become Instafamous. It's just not healthy. Combined with COVID, it's why so many of our youth now have anxiety and still living with their parents, etc.

Morning guys, I am just wondering why I haven’t seen any information on what BL was last seen wearing? Isn’t that generally standard in a missing person/fugitive case? I think it would be useful because if he is on the run he wouldn’t have much space for clothes in a backpack since he would need food/water more and if people need to be on the look out for him wouldn’t that be useful for the public to know? Maybe I missed this information but I have been following the site daily. JMO

Yes his parents didn’t mention that part. I guess that slipped their minds in all of their concern for his well-being.

She VERY quickly said "but I hit him first"
That is what victims of DV do, its a classic move to shift blame onto oneself
What would someone say in this type of situation if they were NOT a victim of DV? Are all people who don't push the blame on someone else to be considered DV victims? Not sure I'm understanding the logic on that. Is the normal reaction expected to be one of denial of any involvement, even if they were involved?

If you had just returned home from an extended trip living out of a van, would you really want to turn around and go camping? Since the Laundries cancelled their initial reservation, and then made a new one, it seems to me there is little question that the purpose of this trip was 100% to help BL to get away.

Where did the van life trip start? Did they leave from Florida or from New York? Curious whose parents gave them a going away party and witnessed the state of the relationship before setting off together on this incredibly stressful experience together.

When I look at the video of Gabby in the back of that cop SUV. It's so sad. She seems so fragile. All this social media and everyone trying to become Instafamous. It's just not healthy. Combined with COVID, it's why so many of our youth now have anxiety and still living with their parents, etc.
They started out from NY after Gabby's brother's graduation, I believe.

Wow. I agree with you until point 13). At that point he got help from someone and is alive somewhere. May he be found swiftly.

Why ?

1) Narcissists do not off themselves and they do not feel guilt. They have no conscience.

2) Parents aren’t worried or frantic at all. Did not even give a “our son was last seen wearing …”

She VERY quickly said "but I hit him first"
That is what victims of DV do, its a classic move to shift blame onto oneself
Right. She began blaming herself before she even got out of the van. Even his speeding was all her fault. At least one of the officers must have picked up on that when he asked Brian, Did she put her foot on the gas pedal, too? Imo

Also I wonder who bought the van? Didn't they both work at Publix and maybe she worked at Taco Bell and as a Pharmacy Tech? I'm guessing her parents did? How much do those type of vehicles cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3