Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A post from this morning got chewed up so I am posting a similar thought.

Imo, the Laundrie's would not cut of their daughter and grandkids like they have, unless they knew something, as in everything. If they knew nothing there would be no reason to cut them off.

Moo.

I agree. I was shocked when the parents' attorney tried to throw their daughter under the bus (IMO) by saying she didn't tell the complete truth about when she saw her brother last.
Who does that to their child knowing it would bring her, her husband and children heat? The parents have been plagued by protesters and they knew full well that the same thing would happen to their daughter after that attorney statement. It's almost as if the parents were purposely throwing her to the protesters and public scrutiny hoping it would ease up for them. Makes me dislike them even more.

I keep getting stuck on this and can't parse it out just yet. MOO! Gabby's father, shortly after she was reported missing, mentioned something about whatever happened in Wyoming, happened.

My opinion is that something happened there (before anyone realized she was killed), and that both families knew about it. I think whatever that "something" is, would be publicly embarrassing for either Gabby or Brian, or someone else involved and they are keeping it very close to their chests.

It may be something Cassie would NOT want to discuss in front of her kids. When she says that the world does not need to know what the FBI knows, well, that something in Wyoming maybe be really touchy personally to someone.

Do you have any theories on what it could be?

Bc they take one data point (the Moab stop) and want to make it a universal truth. If she was "afraid" that day, the context was a terrible day with him threatening or implying he'd drive off without her, being hit, being humiliated and embarrassed, being told she could go to jail, fearing in those fraught moments the end of the relationship, etc. That doesn't mean she was a timid girl who couldn't handle a week alone in a hotel while her boyfriend went back to the East Coast to supposedly take care of some business.

The reckless amping up of every syllable uttered to an absolute truth or state of mind is ANNOYING.

That is exactly what I've been thinking. We don't know what happened the night before the 12th, the day of the 12th. Hell, she could've been hungover and anxious (I say that bc my birthday is the 12th August and that's where I am ha!). I have never been pulled, but I can say that I get anxious when I have to talk to LE, even on a New Year. But I could sure as hell look after myself for a week in a hotel with nice staff.

And could normal looking people be that silly?... Yes.. . yes indeed, they can, and be so repeatedly.

This has all the air of a very badly planned ( using the term loosely ) project to somehow rehabilitate Brian, and allow him some chance of escape from the electric chair .. ( I don't know how it is done, Federally,, maybe , like in Argentina, they shove them out of a plane , or make them jump off Mt Rushmore ,.. I dunno ) ..

It was a mad claim that Brian had gone 'missing' at the exact point when all hell broke loose in Wyoming, Gabbys body being found, which, obviously, Brian had not made plans to account for this. I genuinely think he told his parents that he had taken care of that aspect of his crime, and I think they actually believed that, maybe being fooled by his own claims of his 'outdoorsy' skills.. ..

But it has soooooo many loose ends, it's like the knitting after your cat has got to it.
Argentina fully abolished the death penalty in 2009. They abolished it for civilians in 1984 (abolition extended to military in 2009). The last actual execution was in 1956.
Capital punishment by country - Wikipedia

He has texted to several people (Entin, that JB guy, others) that yes, he represents Brian, Chris, and Roberta Laundrie.
https://twitter.com/wflajosh/status/1445440682630565888?s=21
Isn't that a conflict of interest, though?

ETA: A lawyer for just Brian would tell the parents to keep their mouths shut and not help LE find him. It seems like a lawyer for just the parents would advise them to cooperate with LE because it would be better for them in the long run. Although maybe the lawyer is just working with what they gave him (i.e., we want to protect BL at all costs, even though he is a(n allegedly) wretched human being.

Didn't they haul the van away on the 11th? He may have been terrified that they would haul him away too so he ran? jmo

The heat was definitely on.

11 September - Missing person’s investigation opened after Ms Schmidt reports Ms Petito’s disappearance to Suffolk County Police in New York.

Search begins near Grand Teton, her last known intended destination.

A timeline of the death of Gabby Petito

Oh my, Joseph is throwing down the gauntlet and putting it on blast for the world to see. I stand with my vote:
Father Laundrie blinks first.

Well the Laundrie's tried their best to look like the All-American family mowing the lawn, going for a walk even going for a bike ride.

The COWARD stigma on the Laundrie's won't ever be erased.

Which Laundrie will BLINK first?

Is there any particular reason why anyone should believe Bartolino? Or care about what he has to offer? Unless he gets his client to turn himself in, his information otherwise is useless. He's allowed for the torment of bereaved people, in public for an extended period of time. I think its time to pack away his podium and wait for more reliable information from LE.
Do you mean believe him THIS time? :)

Brian Laundrie flew home to Florida during cross-country road trip with Gabby Petito to 'empty and close' storage unit: lawyer
Tue, October 5, 2021, 12:57 PM

Brian Laundrie flew alone to Florida from Utah during his cross-country road trip with his fiancée, Gabby Petito, to "obtain some items" and "empty and close" a storage unit, a lawyer for the Laundrie family said on Tuesday.

Laundrie flew to Tampa from Salt Lake City on August 17 and returned to Salt Lake City on August 23 to "rejoin" Petito on the couple's "van life" road trip, the attorney, Steven Bertolino, told Insider.

"To my knowledge Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses," Bertolino said.

Laundrie, 23, went to Florida "to obtain some items and empty and close the storage unit to save money as they contemplated extending the road trip," Bertolino said.

When asked where the storage unit was, Bertolino told Insider he had "no idea."
This lawyer knows the dogs are on the hunt and he's throwing chum to anyone who barks. He SHOULD be encouraging his client to turn himself in before some wannabe bounty hunter decides to blast him to smithereens for the reward money. He seems unconcerned for BL's welfare and is really having a ball dicking around with the Petitos and anyone else with an interest in the case.

New Timeline of Brian Laundrie's Disappearance Emerges After His Sister Speaks Out

August 12: Moab police encounter Brian Laundrie and Gabby Petito after receiving reports of disorderly conduct. Video of the interaction is circulated widely in the wake of Petito's disappearance and stoked debates about the couple's relationship. No charges were filed in connection with the incident.

August 17: Cassie Laundrie said her brother briefly flew home during his cross-country trek with Petito. Bertolino told Insider Brian Laundrie made the trip to Tampa from Salt Lake City "to obtain some items" and to close a storage unit. The couple was at the time considering extending their trip, Bertolino told Insider.

August 23: Brian Laundrie returns to Salt Lake City following his brief trip to Florida, Bertolino confirmed with Newsweek. "To my knowledge, Brian and Gabby paid for the flights as they were sharing expenses," Bertolino told Insider.

August 30: Between August 30 and September 1, authorities allege Brian Laundrie used a debit card and the personal identification numbers of two bank accounts he was not authorized to access. The arrest warrant, which was issued on September 23, allows any law enforcement official who spots Brian Laundrie to arrest him.

September 1: Police said Brian Laundrie returns to his family's house in Florida on September 1 with the van he and Petito shared, but without Petito. Cassie Laundrie said in the video obtained by News Nation Now that she saw her brother and her parents when they stopped by her home on September 1 but said they were traveling in the family's Mustang, not in the van her brother traveled in with Petito.

September 6: The Laundrie family's attorney saysBrian Laundrie and his parents stayed at the Fort De Soto Campground from September 6 through September 8. Cassie Laundrie said in the video obtained by News Nation Now that she too stopped by the campsite on September 6 between 2 and 8 p.m. "There was nothing peculiar about it," Cassie Laundrie said in the interview with Good Morning America. She expressed frustration that she "didn't pick up on anything" at the time and reiterated this week that she did not learn of Petito's disappearance until September 11.

September 11: Petito's family reports her missing to authorities. One of the Laundries' neighbors has said she last spotted Brian Laundrie near the family home the weekend before Petito was reported missing.

September 17: Brian Laundrie's parents say that they had not seen their son since September 14. They told authorities at the time they believed he was heading to the Carlton Reserve nearby to hike or camp.

September 19: Authorities discover remains near a campsite in the Bridger-Teton National Forest in Wyoming and say the remains appeared to match the description they had for Petito. Three days later, authorities confirmed the remains were Petito's, and a medical examiner ruled her death a homicide.

October 5: In conversations this week with protesters outside her home and in an interview with Good Morning America, Cassie Laundrie said she does not know where her brother is and would "turn him in" if she did. "I hope my brother is alive," she told Good Morning America. "Because I want answers just as much as everybody else."

This lawyer knows the dogs are on the hunt and he's throwing chum to anyone who barks. He SHOULD be encouraging his client to turn himself in before some wannabe bounty hunter decides to blast him to smithereens for the reward money. He seems unconcerned for BL's welfare and is really having a ball dicking around with the Petitos and anyone else with an interest in the case.

killing him negates any reward money.

Well, Brian knew. And I think his parents knew as well. They might not have known there full extent of it---but they know there was a problem and Gabby was still out there somewhere.
I completely agree. Just like Gabby's mom said she knew when she found out Brian came home with Gabby's van and no Gabby, THEY HAVE TO HAVE KNOWN SOMETHING WAS TERRIBLY WRONG.

Oh my, Joseph is throwing down the gauntlet and putting it on blast for the world to see. I stand with my vote:
Father Laundrie blinks first.

I don’t feel this helps BL’s family decide to possibly give more information if they have more to tell! I feel it may infuriate them, make them mad and stay quieter. I feel at this time it takes patience and the FBI to solve this case and put the timeline and puzzle pieces together. They are the Agency with phone records, gps records, etc. I feel terrible for Gabby’s family but I’m not sure exposing statements on Dr Phil is the manner to get answers. I really feel the FBI, with their Profilers, know exactly what to do. It just takes time and I’m concerned these protests and TV interviews may hinder more than help!

I am sure CL and the rest of them did not want to bring up GP around the boys, as it would have probably not gone over well. She had been a "Loving Aunt" to them from what we have read and seen in pics during the road trip; sending them gifts and postcards etc... not to mention they have known her for a long time.

So, I say this because it leads me to believe that there was some kind of talk about her (CL was told something) and it must not have been good because they purposely did not mention GP (as stated by CL) to those boys.

I can almost bet money though that the boys brought her up and asked where she was. I would love to know what Unc B and gma and gpa told them.

Let’s say BL did go hiking at the reserve on the 13th, maybe to avoid talking to LE. If we exclude a ruse to cover an escape or suicide, what are the other possibilities as to what could have happened there? Accidental death? Murder? Psychological break?

Wonder how that attorney would know who paid for the trip?
He said "to my knowledge," which should mean that he doesn't have complete, objective evidence of who did what. He could have the Ls' or BL'S word for it (and decided not to inquire further, very common), or he could have seen Bruan's transactional records and have that plus his clients' statements. It's unlikely he's seen GP's transactional records or other objective information that shows conclusively that they literally shared the expense.

I'm guessing he's only admitting it because it's about to come out anyway/the FBI must know they lied about the date and they're trying to cover their *advertiser censored*****
The Brian Enron Twitter page has a video with the mustang at the house on the date they said it was at the Reserve. I’m sure the video caused their Attorney to correct the timeline. I’d LOVE to see the FBI timeline!

We back up and runnin??

seems like the parents are now having to alter their story. How can they put a note on the car after a day when usually it’s 5 or more days? I’m telling you.. Brian never left desoto. The parents staged the mustang.

At this point that’s what makes the most sense to me as well. He purchased a new phone on September 4th, went camping with his parents on September 6th, then POOF! The only question I have though is the neighbor who said she saw BL on the weekend of September 10th, which was really a Friday, the 11th and 12th are the actual weekend. So, I guess we will have to see. And yes, it wouldn’t surprise me to know the parents staged the Mustang. The only problem with Carlton Reserve is LE spent so much time and money searching there, and why would they have done that? I was assuming they had good reason to think BL may have been there at some point in time. Still so many questions.

I agree. I was shocked when the parents' attorney tried to throw their daughter under the bus (IMO) by saying she didn't tell the complete truth about when she saw her brother last.
Who does that to their child knowing it would bring her, her husband and children heat? The parents have been plagued by protesters and they knew full well that the same thing would happen to their daughter after that attorney statement. It's almost as if the parents were purposely throwing her to the protesters and public scrutiny hoping it would ease up for them. Makes me dislike them even more.

I'm inclined to agree. They tried to make her the scapegoat in the hope that the attention may move off them and onto her.

Just planting that seed of doubt on Cassie's credibility was all they needed to do to try and shift some of the focus.

I wonder what the dynamics were in the Laundrie household growing up. Was BL the younger spoilt child? Was he living in his sister's shadow? Did one of the children receive way more attention than the other? Was there a perceived 'favourite' child?

I definitely felt in Cassie's most recent interview that she was lacking any warmth towards BL.

Has she felt that her parents circling the wagons around BL is the final straw in a lifelong dysfunctional family unit where he'd always be protected and defended, and this has caused her to speak out?

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member