Found Deceased WY - Gabrielle ‘Gabby’ Petito, 22, Grand Teton National Park, 25 Aug 2021 #52

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t watch rn so this is with almost no context BUT ummm… not close? Seems odd GP would send all those post cards then, no? Didn’t CL say BL was a “great uncle” before? Weird.

She could've been close to GP but not the parents. Family dynamics are weird.... I am super close to my family but my ex, not so much. IMO she may have seen how much her parents "save" BL and hold some resentment. Now that she has a family of her own .... who knows.

Her body language is telling me otherwise. I’m no expert but she just seems waaaay too defensive

Wouldn't you be defensive if suddenly the national media was calling you a liar because your murderer brother's lawyer decided to release a statement about you?

I mean there are protesters on her lawn, I can't imagine not being defensive and upset in that situation.

After watching all of the LE stop body cam videos, I will never understand why that group of law enforcement people came to the conclusion that this was a "disorderly conduct" incident. And, even worse, that Gabby was the perpetrator.
It seems they may have been trying to lessen the ramifications of making a filing of anything more severe (like domestic violence?) in order to not impact the future legal consequences of either BL or Gabby. I do think they were trying to put the couple's best interest at heart.
But it didn't work because their evaluation, fact gathering & checking, judgement, and biases were skewed. They fell for BL's tap dancing and labeled Gabby with mental problems. But I don't think it was because they didn't care. I think it was because they didn't have proper training or tools to deal with this situation.
I hope Gabby's family can forgive them. Because I do think if it had been a perfect police stop that BL should have been arrested. Gabby would have at least had to reflect longer on the problems that BL created for her. Her family would have been more aware of her situation and perhaps been able to provide the tools she needed to separate. At least, it would have been one more chance for her.
They simply failed her. She might have been able to do it ~ had she had one more chance.

Cassie said:
- parents' lawyer threw her under the bus, she's livid, not talking to her parents
- she doesn't know if her parents are involved
- she doesn't know if Brian killed Gabby
- she saw Brian on his trip home during the dates of Aug 17-23 (didn't confirm the dates, but confirmed he came back previously)
- said she was previously involved with a bad relationship like that... then corrected herself to say I mean, what's being said about it
- saw Brian at the campground Sept 6, from 2pm-8pm, nothing came up because her kids were there
- saw Brian Sept 1, he arrived with his parents who had previously arranged to see Cassie's kids. She's mad about this, BL did not show up on his own, his parents brought him & she had no idea he was in town, & their lawyer left that part out (that the parents brought him)

Last edited:
Her body language is telling me otherwise. I’m no expert but she just seems waaaay too defensive
Of course she's defensive. The whole world is pointing the finger at her parents and then her as being accessories after the fact. She looks uncomfortable and doesn't know where to put her hands. I don't get bad vibes from her at all.

What I find most interesting is that she didn't give any firm denials. I do think she has wondered those questions herself over the past month: Where's Gabby? Did Brian kill her? how much do her parents know? etc.

She was definitely defensive, but I do think she comes across as trying to speak honestly. It's clear that she is no fan of SB.

She is upset and has been silent because FBI told her to.
Has never seen Brian & Gabby
FBI did not ask her to take polygraph
Parents won’t talk to her
Was surprised Brian was with the parents when they showed up on the 1st
I have alot
Confirmed Brian was at the camping trip
She was there with her kids for about 6 hrs.

Clear division in the family….
I do have sympathy for her. I can not imagine my brother suddenly being wanted by the FBI and in hiding. Knowing that he just left her body exposed in that desolate creek for animals to scatter. I could not process him possibly killing her. What a hellish nightmare that must be. Jmo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cowboy89